Question Zotac 1050ti OC not working

koolghost

Reputable
Apr 21, 2017
I have a Zotac 1050ti OC (it draws power from motherboard) but every few days it decides not to turn on. When the gpu does not turn on it is not detected by the bios. I have tried reinstalling drivers (using DDU), used different power supply, and update motherboard bios, but it did not work. However, when i installed the GPU in my friends PC it worked. I installed my old xfx hd 6670 in my pc and it works without any problem, so i assume even the pcie slot is not faulty. What could be causing the problem?

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
MSI h110m pro vd motherboard
Kingston hyperx fury 2133mhz ddr4
cooler master mwe 450W
intel i3 - 6100
The system was working normally for 2 years, if that helps.

well the one thing for sure is your psu isnt really great. its ok for your system but not great in general.
also what do you mean by it not turning on? you pc itself wont run or just the gpu fans not spining.

koolghost

Reputable
Apr 21, 2017
well the one thing for sure is your psu isnt really great. its ok for your system but not great in general.
also what do you mean by it not turning on? you pc itself wont run or just the gpu fans not spining.
The PC turns on. I get output via motherboard. The gpu fans do not spin and upon checking in the bios, the gpu is not detected by the motherboard i.e. it is not listed in the settings.

koolghost

Reputable
Apr 21, 2017
low end nvidia gpus like the 1050ti wont turn on the fans unless you reach ~60c .
have you tried running games with it when you think its not turning on?
Zotac 1050 ti OC, which i have, spins its fans even at idle. The motherboard does not even detect the GPU when it does not turn, hence the display output comes through intel graphics (verified it in device manager). It's like the GPU is not installed at all, so there is no question of running games.