[SOLVED] Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Mini not responding or detected ?

zevron4442

Commendable
Jan 25, 2019
I bought a Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Mini card second hand from a friend who couldn't get it to work. They bought it off Amazon from a refurbished listing a little over a year ago. The GPU powers on, as the fan spins, but isn't recognized by Device Manager in Windows, or NVflash, giving the error "no nvidia display adapters found". This is the third computer I've tried it in. I have tried downloading both drivers from nvidia and zotac, both erroring out saying they could not find the card. I don't have integrated graphics, so I am using a second GPU, an AMD R9 270 2GB in the second full PCIe slot. It works fine in both slots. Any suggestions on what I should try next? Considering the 270 is the only alternative GPU as of now unless I get the 1060 working I would much appreciate any suggestions or answers to the problem I am facing. (I have it plugged in via 6-pin PCIe power). Thank You!

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X
Mobo: Asus TUF B450 - Plus Gamming Motherboard
RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200MHz DDR4 32GB kit
PSU: Cooler Master MWE Gold 850W

Last edited:
Solution
First I would make a System restore point, them remove any old GPU drivers in safe Mode (F8)
You may need to disable some UEFI BIOS settings to run the ZOTAC in Legacy Compatibility mode. The R9 290 may have been UEFI.