Question Zotac GTX 1660 TI non AMP vs Galax GTX 1660 TI non EX

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
They both will stop the fans when under a certain temp, 60c usually with the stock fan profile. According to techpowerup the zotac card hit 30db under load which is quite quiet. Cant find any professional reviews of the galax card. I would lean toward the zotac card likely being the quieter card just because it uses a a proper finned cooler whereas the galax is using a block of aluminum with fins cut into it and a couple heat pipes.

THEearthISFLAT

Upstanding
Feb 16, 2019
despite them being lower end models all 1660ti will have about the same performance despite what cooler they have on them. they are both cool running card so I wouldn't anticipate them being very loud while playing games anyways. good luck

shaltzer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
Thanks for the replies. The reason I'm asking this because I read a review of MSI Geforce GTX 1060 Ventus XS (which is a low end model) has noisy fan issue on idle because the fan keeps running (no auto fan stop feature), so I am wondering if the low end card from zotac or galax brand has this problem too.

Update:
Just checked their website, looks like Zotac doesn't have fan stop feature for their 1660 TI low end card, but Galax mentions it has the feature, although I'm not 100% sure yet.

Last edited: