News Zotac Seemingly Leaks RTX 3000-Series Ampere Graphics Cards

Shadowclash10

Prominent
May 3, 2020
If that's the case, I would suspect the 3090 is replacing the titan card because that card has 24gigs and runs for $2500
I wouldn't be surprised if the 3090 takes the place of the expensive >$2000 Titan (there have historically been two Titan types, the $1000-1500 one, and the $2000-2500 one. That also makes the RTX 2080 Ti a Titan, not really a true xx80 Ti). However:
  • If the 3090 takes the place of the current Titan which has 24 gigs, than the 3090's 24 gigs won't look so impressive.
  • Also, I think that Nvidia's marketing department would rather promote a Titan as the top-end card instead of the 3090. Sure, the 3090 uses a very rare naming convention, which makes it tand out from the pack, but the word "Titan" is totally different from a number based naming scheme, and the word itself conveys a sense of strength/superiority/etc. I mean, I would rather have a Titan card thn a xx90 card, amirite?

buttabean2

Reputable
Jun 3, 2019
I wouldn't be surprised if the 3090 takes the place of the expensive >$2000 Titan (there have historically been two Titan types, the $1000-1500 one, and the $2000-2500 one. That also makes the RTX 2080 Ti a Titan, not really a true xx80 Ti). However:
  • If the 3090 takes the place of the current Titan which has 24 gigs, than the 3090's 24 gigs won't look so impressive.
  • Also, I think that Nvidia's marketing department would rather promote a Titan as the top-end card instead of the 3090. Sure, the 3090 uses a very rare naming convention, which makes it tand out from the pack, but the word "Titan" is totally different from a number based naming scheme, and the word itself conveys a sense of strength/superiority/etc. I mean, I would rather have a Titan card thn a xx90 card, amirite?

is the name 3090 been seen on any of the leaked card? or they're just using that number scheme as the leak. it could be that the 3090 is an internal name for the titan and not an official release name. Can't wait for the official reveal!

InvalidError

Titan
If the 3090 takes the place of the current Titan which has 24 gigs, than the 3090's 24 gigs won't look so impressive.
Also, I think that Nvidia's marketing department would rather promote a Titan as the top-end card instead of the 3090.
Who says there won't be a $3000+ GA100 Titan coming down the line once Nvidia is all caught up on the HPC/datacenter side? Got to sell those excess and sub-par (at least datacenter-wise) 800+mm2 dies to somebody.

Reactions: Shadowclash10
"The GeForce RTX 2070 models include the Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 2070 Twin Edge and GeForce RTX 2070 Twin Edge HoLo. Judging by the model names, these graphics cards should come with dual-fan cooling setups. "

I think you meant to write RTX 3070 ?

Reactions: Shadowclash10

Shadowclash10

Prominent
May 3, 2020
Naming it RTX 3090 ensures that hardware reviewers would include the card in benchmark comparisons. I guess Nvidia is worried that AMD or Intel might steal its performance crown.
That... is probably true. You're right, there is a positive to that: none of the "stigma" (not sure exactly what to call it) around including a Titan card with all the other mainstream cards, like the 3080, 3070, 3060, etc. Actually, that might be another reason why Nvidia turned their Turing "cheap" Titan into the 2080 Ti - to make sure it gets included in reviews.

Reactions: Chung Leong

Joseph_138

Distinguished
Zotac AMP! Editions are usually among the most powerful of any video card using a particular GPU, but they are also among the most power hungry. To me, if a card is going to use as much juice as a more powerful card, you may as well get the more powerful card. You'll be wasting electricity, otherwise.

Joseph_138

Distinguished
That... is probably true. You're right, there is a positive to that: none of the "stigma" (not sure exactly what to call it) around including a Titan card with all the other mainstream cards, like the 3080, 3070, 3060, etc. Actually, that might be another reason why Nvidia turned their Turing "cheap" Titan into the 2080 Ti - to make sure it gets included in reviews.
You do realize there was an RTX Titan, right? The 2080 Ti is not in the same class.

You do realize there was an RTX Titan, right? The 2080 Ti is not in the same class.
That might be why they referred to it as a "cheap Titan". Titans have traditionally been priced within that $1000-$1500 range, while the Titan RTX was well above that at $2500, making it more definitively a card for professional workstation tasks more than anything.

On the other hand, the 2080 Ti doesn't exactly fit the traditional definition of a Titan card, since it was a substantial amount faster than the next card down, being around 30% faster than a 2080, whereas Titans, and the 3090 for that matter, tend to not be much more than 10% faster at gaming, if that.