Zotac Upgrades ZBOX Mini-PC with Haswell

Status
Not open for further replies.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
or you can get a PICO compatible Mini ITX case and get a real processor and a real gpu by packing it with an AMD A series APU. Full desktop power, small small space.

heffeque

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2002

I prefer to give my money to AMD than to Intel, but I doubt that an A series APU can beat a Hashwell CPU.

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
^^
Tons of Android TV/PC Sticks that run XBMC for much less.
Go to Freaktab TV/PC section and you will get up to speed on what is offered and how to get the most performance out of these affordable kits
Plenty of Custom ROMs that get rid of bloat and recommendations for addons like remotes, game controlers and keyboards/trackpads.

heffeque

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2002

OpenElec is what you need, and it works perfectly even on underpowered hardware like the Zbox AD04, so it'll probably work even better on these puppies (saving driver problems with newer hardware).

Cheers!

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
I have a lenovo Q190 with Multimedia remote that is backlit sure you can buy a stick,set top box for much less but none of them come with a hard drive and a real OS you can use this as a desktop PC powerful enough to play games.
I use it for XBMC it is very quick for such a computer win8 boots in less than 3 secs and you can load any other OS if you want as well.
I had a boxee but now there is no more support and it is very limited compared to XBMC best thing is i can load anything XBMC,openelec,linux any distro,windows media center,Plex,boxee,mythtv,hulu desktop, and much more.
The multimedia remote is best i have seen so far the optical thumb mouse is nice and keyboard much easier to type on than boxee remote.
Trying running office on a roku not going to happen sad thing is lenovo discontinued the series it was best seller for small pc's they had there are still some stock around you have to really look around though.
One really neat feature the remote has a 3 mode power switch on with no back light,on with back light and off to save battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.