Question Device group properties not showing up during right click option in TeamViewer

May 3, 2024
I'm trying to delete a device group by right clicking it and selecting "properties" and nothing is happening. I'm using the old version of the latest TeamViewer version. Can anyone help me access the properties so that I can delete this group?

Ralston18

Titan
More information needed.

Add explanation: e.g., which device group?

How are you accessing the "properties" or attempting to do so?

Take some screenshots of the screens and windows being used. Post the screenshots here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

Be sure to capture any error messages, pop-up windows, that are being presented.

May 3, 2024
More information needed.

Add explanation: e.g., which device group?

How are you accessing the "properties" or attempting to do so?

Take some screenshots of the screens and windows being used. Post the screenshots here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

Be sure to capture any error messages, pop-up windows, that are being presented.
It's a device group under a label that says "Device Groups" under the computers and contacts menu.

[Moderator note: imgur link deleted. Personally identifying information being shown.]

I'm trying to right click on the option that is in the screenshot and clicking properties and nothing happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralston18

Titan
Three notes:

1) You are using the free version - correct? If so, confirm that the free version includes the desired/required functionality.

2) Where was Team Viewer downloaded from - source? The imgur view had a couple of spellings/typos. E.g., Compupus, shmeet,

3) I deleted the imgur link because it appears to reveal your name and a telephone number. Just repost and mask out any personally revealing information.

May 3, 2024
Three notes:

1) You are using the free version - correct? If so, confirm that the free version includes the desired/required functionality.

2) Where was Team Viewer downloaded from - source? The imgur view had a couple of spellings/typos. E.g., Compupus, shmeet,

3) I deleted the imgur link because it appears to reveal your name and a telephone number. Just repost and mask out any personally revealing information.
It was downloaded from the TeamViewer website. I am also using the free version.

Here is the link again. View: https://imgur.com/a/oW7mYOl

Ralston18

Titan
Not a Team Viewer user - full disclosure.

However, I did a bit of research and found the following link:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/gl...iewer-remote/devices/device-groups-explained/

From the link:

"Device groups represent devices that possess the full functionality of the new device management system. These devices are managed by a company and have managers assigned to them. To verify the assignment of a device, you can navigate to Settings (this device) Advanced Settings General tab."

What you may be permitted to do (e.g., delete) is likely being controlled by 1) what devices you are allowed to manage, 2) what features/functions are available via the free TeamViewer version.

TeamViewer's website has quite a number of links etc. regarding devices and device groups.

Take a closer look at what free TeamViewer is permitted to do and, within that context, what you are assigned and allowed to manage.

Beyond that I will need to defer to the TeamViewer community.

May 3, 2024
Not a Team Viewer user - full disclosure.

However, I did a bit of research and found the following link:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/gl...iewer-remote/devices/device-groups-explained/

From the link:

"Device groups represent devices that possess the full functionality of the new device management system. These devices are managed by a company and have managers assigned to them. To verify the assignment of a device, you can navigate to Settings (this device) Advanced Settings General tab."

What you may be permitted to do (e.g., delete) is likely being controlled by 1) what devices you are allowed to manage, 2) what features/functions are available via the free TeamViewer version.

TeamViewer's website has quite a number of links etc. regarding devices and device groups.

Take a closer look at what free TeamViewer is permitted to do and, within that context, what you are assigned and allowed to manage.

Beyond that I will need to defer to the TeamViewer community.
I don't see an option to manage or delete the device group in the general advanced settings under advanced settings. I'm not sure if I'm in the right location, and I already posted on the TeamViewer forum and I didn't get a response.

Ralston18

Titan
How is Team Viewer being used - what environment: work, gaming, family/personal, etc...?

And, after reading back, what "device group" do you expect to see and what is the reason/requirement to delete that device group?

May 3, 2024
How is Team Viewer being used - what environment: work, gaming, family/personal, etc...?

And, after reading back, what "device group" do you expect to see and what is the reason/requirement to delete that device group?
Sorry for the late reply. I use it for personal purposes. I also want to delete the device group altogether and see no options or names under "Device groups." I just don't want to have it anymore because it looks weird. I already have a drop down menu with the same name and I don't require having one twice. I see it on my phone and it pops up randomly and prevents me from clicking the main group that I have. Maybe it's an old option that TeamViewer used to have and they just haven't gotten rid of it.

May 3, 2024

Is there anything else I can do? I posted a reply to your solution on Sunday and I still haven't gotten a response yet. If you could help I would greatly appreciate it.