May 5, 2024
Hello! I have a new build that was having issues with Chrome and Edge crashing when watching Youtube. There were no pending updates for either app, but I had saw that there was a new BIOS update for my motherboard. I updated it, and now I have a continuous BSOD, giving Driver_Overran_Stack-Buffer, ACPI.SYS. Page_Fault in nonpaged-Areas, and Kernel Errors. I cannot boot into safemode to safe my life, and I've wiped my SSD thru BIOS, in attempt to do a clean install....all with NO luck....I get BSOD every time I get to 2% at installing Windows 11 Pro. I"m not sure where to turn. this is my first build, and has ran smooth for the past 3 months I've had it up and running. How can I correct the driver issue? Do I need to change a hardware component? I have powered the unit down, and unhooked and reconnected all cables, drives, fans/pumps. I'm not sure where to turn from here. All I can find online is to boot into safe mode....except that I cannot do that to get to the minidump files....Am I just SOL and need to rip the case clean and start new with a new MB, RAM, and SSD/HDD? Any help is appreciated!

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"but I had saw that there was a new BIOS update for my motherboard."

= = = =

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

No beeps, no diagnostic LEDs, etc?

Unplug. Open the case. Clean out dust and debris.

Use a bright flashlight to throughly inspect for any signs of damage.

Where did you see that and where did you get the BIOS update?

I would not expect that you will need to replace any hardware components barring some catastrophic failure.

Try a clean windows install.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/windows-11-clean-install-tutorial.3831442/

May 5, 2024
Intel i7-14700k
MSI MPG Z690 Edge WIFI DDR4
WD 2TB SN850X SSD - Primary
WD Blue 2TB HDD
Corsair Vengeance RGB pro 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4
Integrated graphics currently in use, no Graphics card.
Corsair 4000d RGB case with 4-120mm fans iCUE controlled
MSI MAG Core liquid c240 radiator for CPU

I've tried to do a clean install and it gives me BSOD with Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer or ACPI.SYS
No beeps, no diagnostic LEDS.....
BIOS update from MSI website downloads for the Z690

I cannot get it to boot into safe mode, I cannot get windows to do a clean install.
I have tried SFC /scannow and it it tells me issues will be fixed at reboot, HOWEVER I cannot get it to reboot. I have to power it down and the fix doesn't seem to take.
I hope this helps

May 5, 2024
I also tried the clean install, removing all partitions from the drive I wanted to install to. Once it gets to 2% I get BSOD for Page Fault in Nonpaged area