Feb 26, 2024
Hello, anyone know how to fix my RX 5700 not giving display after a restart? but my computer was still able to boot to windows? with the GPU (I can still use my integrated graphics.)
The card works fine. No artifacts, No BSOD, No crash It just suddenly decided to not give a signal after the restart :(
Specs:
CPU
: i5 6400 2.7Ghz (Boosted to 3.3Ghz)
GPU:XFX RX 5700 DD [*USED* No display]
MOBO:ASUS H110M-K
PSU: CORSAIR CV550

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024
Hello, anyone experienced or have a fix for my RX 5700 not giving display after a restart? My PC was still able to boot to windows with the GPU but there is no display I can enable narrator and log in but I can't see anything.

I did not experienced stuttering, Crash, BSOD, Artifacts it just decided to not give signal. :(

I am stuck with my integrated graphics ;(

SPECS
CPU: i5 6400 2.7Ghz (Boosted to 3.3Ghz)
MOBO: ASUS H110M-K
GPU: XFX RX 5700 DD *USED* [No Display]
PSU: Corsair CV550
RAM: Kingston Fury 2400Mhz (Downclocked to 2133Mhz CPU/Mobo limit)

Old thread: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/rx-5700-no-display-after-restart.3837892/

Feb 24, 2024
HDMI usually but I think its broken so I bought 2 displayports to VGA adapters and still no signal
hmmm it hard to say but i'd advise trying a new hdmi cable some of the cheaper adptor can be a bit hit and miss with the monitor, have you tried all the different display ports in the graphics card first though just in case for some reason it's swapped display port connection on the back of the graphics card.

i have had adaptors just stop working for no reason other than its built cheap and hit and mis to how long it will work lol or that what it seemed like.

hang on Display port to VGA?

I didnt think that was a thing?

I have had HDMI to VGA but not Display Port to VGA adaptors

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024
hmmm it hard to say but i'd advise trying a new hdmi cable some of the cheaper adptor can be a bit hit and miss with the monitor, have you tried all the different display ports in the graphics card first though just in case for some reason it's swapped display port connection on the back of the graphics card.

i have had adaptors just stop working for no reason other than its built cheap and hit and mis to how long it will work lol or that what it seemed like.
Yes I tried different ports I have 3 adapters now and it starting to look like its not a adapter problem?

Feb 24, 2024
I dont mean try 3 different cables test each port on the back of the GPU you should have 1 HDMI and 3 Display port slots test each one or Idealy if possible get an HDMI monitor and test with a hdmi cable cant really advise you on anything else .

Well other than the old "remove the battery out of the motherboard to clear the bios" might work but then again might not.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024
I dont mean try 3 different cables test each port on the back of the GPU you should have 1 HDMI and 3 Display port slots test each one or Idealy if possible get an HDMI monitor and test with a hdmi cable cant really advise you on anything else .

Well other than the old "remove the battery out of the motherboard to clear the bios" might work but then again might not.
How do I know if the GPU is the problem? I think I still have warranty on this. I was suppose to get an XFX RX 580 8G but they deliver an XFX RX 5700

Feb 24, 2024
How do I know if the GPU is the problem?
was it working ok before if yes then highly unlikely it would die after a reboot not impossible but extreamly unlikey then again was your gpu an old ex-miners card if yes then it could be a gpu bios issue if they put a custom bios on it for mining or it just be a display port or hdmi port failed, it could be a number of could be's, put it that way lol

Feb 24, 2024
If he's booting into Windows he's fine on the PSU.

Try a different port. (HDMI/DP). It's a known glitch.

If that doesn't work DDU in safe mode (if you can get to it). Sometimes it prevents safe mode display from working at all.t
they has lost display after a reboot they only have a vga monitor (I Think?) so they are using displayport to vga adaptors but cant get a picture. I leave this in your good hands

they has lost display after a reboot they only have a vga monitor (I Think?) so they are using displayport to vga adaptors but cant get a picture. I leave this in your good hands
Then he is likely outside the scan rate sync window. Likely either the front porch or rear porch timing.

Not all DP have analog support. Most HDMI->VGA do though

Last edited:
Reactions: The TrippyHippie
Feb 24, 2024
I did think that but I didnt ask if they can boot and see the bios screen before getting to the O/S

oh and them adpators can unreliable as hell for no good reason.

the ones I used in the past didnt seem to have a very long life span but they where HDMI to vga not DP to VGA

Feb 26, 2024
I did think that but I didnt ask if they can boot and see the bios screen before getting to the O/S

oh and them adpators can unreliable as hell for no good reason.
It doesn't give display when booting and it's probably a mining card I bought it online.
I tried reseating the GPU. CMOS and RAM using DDU in safe mode, Reinstalling windows but it still doesn't want to give display.

Few weeks ago It manage to get itself working for some reason the thing decided to give display then I installed drivers which prompted me to restart and boom back to the same issue.

Sorry I made too many edits

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024
sounds like they might have gotten sold a dicky card :(

I have an old HD7800 (i think thats the model) it stopped working but a due to VRAM failure but there where tell tell signs the Vram was starting to fail months before it fianly stopped working

Feb 26, 2024
sounds like they might have gotten sold a dicky card :(

I have an old HD7800 (i think thats the model) it stopped working but a due to VRAM failure but there where tell tell signs the Vram was starting to fail months before it fianly stopped working
That's what everyone says so should I return the card?
The thing was just still on my computer running 24/7 using my integrated graphics lol too lazy to take out the card

Reactions: The TrippyHippie
Feb 24, 2024
I would return the card you can tell them you have tried to get it working and even went to toms hardware forums for help/advice but the graphics card is not working correctly.

Feb 26, 2024
I would return the card you can tell them you have tried to get it working and even went to toms hardware forums for help/advice but the graphics card is not working correctly.
Is my keyboard and mouse suddenly disconnecting while playing games connected to the graphics card issue?