Activex

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Activex.
  1. D

    Wireless issues

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?) Okay... I have a linksys 11 mbps wireless network in my apartment. It is connected to my cable internet... and has been nothing but a pain since i got it. The frustrating thing is that it works fine for both of my...
  2. G

    Changing default language

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) We live in Spain and when our new computer was delivered recently,, the guys who installed it chose Spanish as the default language. How on earth do we change it?! Someone suggested uninstalling windows XP and reinstalling...
  3. G

    SP1/SP2 boot conflict

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?) I ran into this problem when I installed SP2 on XpPro 1) Downloaded the full SP2 2) Made a copy of the SP1 partition with PM8.01 3) Booted the copy and installed SP2 At this point I have two partition, let's...
  4. J

    POP-UPS AND ADVERTISEMENTS

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) HOW DO I FIX THE PROBLEM OF HAVING POP-UPS AND ADS COMING ON CONSTANTLY EVEN WHEN IM NOT ON THE INTERNET
  5. G

    Network Help!!

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) Trying to solve a problem for a new client. They had a 98 computer acting as a file server. This computer crashed, so they replaced it with an xp computer. They also purchased a new XP computer as a workstation. They...
  6. G

    HELP XP INSTABILITY

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Sorry, pressed wrong button by mistake earlier. My XP SP2 system has two hard drives, Sony dvd rom and Asus CR-RW drive. Athlon XP 1700+ and 512 ddr pc2100 memory. AOpen KT600GN motherboard. Firstly the Asus drive isn't...
  7. R

    Belkin router & file sharing

    I have a Belkin router which has two computers connected to it. I am using a cable modem. The two computers can connect to the internet but they do not see each other. I cannot share files or use the printer that is connected to the other computer. How can I make the computers see each other? I...
  8. X

    Building Computer for Friend

    Building computer for a friend will this work? AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4 GHz Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2 Radeon HD 6570 1GB or Radeon HD 4670 512mb Kingston DDR3 RAM 8GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 1TB 460W Cooler Master Elite HP 24X CD/DVD Burner Rosewill Challenger Case W7x64...
  9. G

    another multi booting question

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?) Can you tell me how to do this? I have 2 seperate harddisk, first is XP (Fat) and second is Win98 (Fat), how to do multi booting? I have modify the boot.ini file. [boot loader] timeout=30...
  10. G

    CD ROM & CD RW

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) CDRom & CRRW both disappeared.They are not in my computer folder.I checked with the device manager and got the following message: Windows cannot load the device for this hardware. The driver may be corrupt or missing...
  11. G

    ati 9600

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) in the first step to installing my new card i have to have the latest driver for my chipset which is prosavage ddr km266 vt8235 which has gart that i need to make my ati 9600 compatible with my chip set i see all my above...
  12. G

    Optical drives not working, please help!!

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Hi there, I am running Windows XP Pro SP1 and all of a sudden my optical drives (one CD-RW and one DVD-ROM, both Samsung) have come up with yellow exclamation marks in the Device Manager ('Windows successfully loaded the...
  13. B

    Language change

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) Hi I live in France and have just replaced my old pc with a new French one. Unfortunately everything, including XP, is naturally in French and impossible for me to use - yet! Can anyone point me to a site which would help...
  14. N

    Error - DCOM

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) Just the last couple of days my machine has developed a problem. Several things start it, one being selecting print in Outlook Express. The print window will eventually appear after 2 - 3 minutes and then...
  15. G

    System Beep Instead of the correct sound in control panel

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?) Hello All, I have a very annoying problem with the sounds on my windows xp pro pc. Everytime a receive an email or add/remove my pocket pc from its dock, the system speaker BEEPS very loud. I have looked in the 'Sounds...
  16. L

    I accidentally formatted my 100MB system reserve.

    Not sure if this is where I should be posting this but I figured since it was a windows 7 problem, it could be posted here. Anyways, so I was formatting my harddrives, and I accidentally formatted my 100MB system reserve, I searched for the problem on google, found a solution but that solution...
  17. G

    startup help question

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) some time ago I remember something about a program/site that would tell you what the programs were in the startup file. I want to say "black widow" but search for it fails. This site explained the various programs and...
  18. JuvenileJonesy

    Upgrade from H80 to H100?

    I currently run an AMD FX 8120 OC 4.4Ghz, I cant push it farther due to the H80 not cooling it below 61C at full speed on Prime95 with the multipliers and voltage that high. However, I am unsure of how much of an increase I will see if I upgrade to the H100. If anyone has made this upgrade or...
  19. G

    What scanner dpi should I use?

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?) I like to scan a few old photos. Unfortunately, I don't have the negatives of the photos. The photos I want to scan belong to my childhood years. They are very old photos as years have taken their toll on them with minor discoloration...
  20. flamethrower205

    Your LCD settings

    Ok guys, since my printer sucks, I can't try to match monitor to printer settings (I have a 712C that don't work right), so I was wondering if u could tell your settings. This is specifically for the TFT7020. Just say brightness, contrast, and color settings, as well as any changes you have made...
  21. S

    PID

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) Why can't I change my product ID?
  22. G

    Software in Limited Accounts

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) Hi Although I do have some knowledge of PC im still learning XP, and at the moment the pc is within a youthclub, so we created a separate account which has been set ti limitation so none deletes or changes anything...
  23. G

    problem when switch on the computer

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) when i switch on my computer always appear a message saying found a problem on MSWinSrv32.exe. i don't know what to do can you help me please? thank you
  24. G

    hello

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I have windows xp sp1 machines i want to add two 40 gb harddrive and 16 gb harddrive. Will i have enough hardrive space to install windows longhorn beta version.
  25. N

    Windows won't boot

    I just bought a new barebone PC. Intel P4 2.8ghz. The motherboard is an ECS 648FX-A. I took the hard drive, ram, video card, and cd-rom drive from my old computer and put it in the barebone. 2 strange things happen. When I connect the IDE ribbon to the HD and CD-ROM drive, it only reads the...
  26. J

    setting up remote desktop

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?) I am trying to set up my XP Pro machine so that I can access it remotely through a web browser. I have installed the IIS components and set the PC to allow remote connections. When I try to access the XP machine I...
  27. G

    Its a love/hate thing.

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) I love/hate XP. All of a sudden, everytime I print something the dialog box shows that the print job is 99% complete and is never 100% so I have to reboot the computer to use the printers again. This is only true of the...
  28. G

    Weird My Computer Problem - Need Experts

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I am by no means a novice windows user, but I have come across a weird problem which I cannot seem to correct. I have Windows XP Professional. Before my problem, I had two DVD drives connected (E: and F:) and a...
  29. D

    How do I make a drive bootable

    I used to have a 20gig HD as my C: drive running Win98, then I bought a 40gig HD and installed Win XP on it (drive D:) as a second OS and I get the screen to choose which OS to load when I boot. Now I am ready to get rid of the old C: drive and perhaps add a new larger drive. I don't need any...
  30. N

    Icons delay in Network Places?

    Hi there: In WinXP (probably the same with other OS), would anybody please provide me help or a link to an article or an explanation of the delay with opening of the computers’ icons in My Network Places? You know that, when a network supposed to be established, but the icons come up some...
  31. H

    Hi

    Hello, i have pc lap top omnibook 900 he have windows 2000 professional i forget my passwort and i cant get it can you help me plz ??? how i can open again this administrator this lap top he have only Usb port and Diskette how i can make new formatage for this lap top omnibook ? can i do this...
  32. M

    Can i use the same name for my AD network and my domain

    Can I use "mydomain.com" as my AD network, or do I have to use "mydomain.local"?
  33. G

    License issue!!

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?) Im the new IT Coordinator at this company, but im seeing license issues on a server, it says to go to admin tools>license which i did. Here is what is shows under product view. Exchange 5.5 : Per Seat Purchased = 0 Per Seat...
  34. G

    User Profile Access Denied on Certain Users

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?) I am running into a situation where I am getting a few users that have roaming profiles, in which I can not access their home directory on the server when they are logged in, or even after they log off the network. Two...
  35. G

    nslookup periodic failure

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?) Scenario: Windows 2003 AD and Integrated DNS. AD DNS's forward to unix servers which forward to the internet - fairly normal. AD DNS servers don't reference theirself as first DNS server.... however, the issue is that about 1 in...
  36. G

    check free space of hard disk through batch file

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?) hi, I have to see the free space of all hard disk drives of my win2000 server & creat log this a job of daily chech list. Is it posible to chech free space of drives throuth batch file and also creat log in notpad.
  37. L

    LSaSrv Event Id 5000

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?) LsqSrv logs event id 5000 "The security Package Negotiate Generated an Exception..." and the system locks up. This happens at random intervals. The O/S is Win2k SP4 with Exchange 2000 SP3 + Rollup installed then version of...
  38. H

    Userinformation Word XP

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?) Hello, We have a terminal server 2003; 1 terminal user change the user information of word XP and now every user have this user information. How can I we turn this back. Henry
  39. G

    Problem with xcacls.vbs

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?) Hi all, xcacls.vbs doesn´t show me if the inheritance-flag is set on a folder or not. The output is always the same ("This Folder, Subfolders and Files"), no matter if the flag is set or not. Any Ideas how to get the right...