AOL

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with AOL.
  1. M

    msn.com seeking out users social secuty numbers

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) Sorry about the cross posting, but I would like to hear from a MS MVP about this... I am very concerned. I don't know if this is the correct newsgroup, but I had a disturbing alert from my software firewall of...
  2. B

    Msconfig screen keeps poping up

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) On my Windows xp professional sp2 i went into msconfig and deleted some start up item. Restarted computer. And, now everytime i restart comuter the MSCONFIG message box keeps coming up telling me i am in diagnose...
  3. G

    Movie Maker and DVD recordings

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?) I have a sony dvd home recording and i was attempting to edit the dvd movie in Windows Movie Maker. I am hoping to show pre-service teachers ways to incorporate Windows Movie Maker into their classrooms. I have had success...
  4. revolution2718

    Computer Restarting During some Games

    So randomly during Far Cry 3 and Planetside 2 my computer is shutting itself off and restarting. This is the first game this has happened with, I have been able to run skyrim, startcraft, battlefield 3, etc at high settings with no issue. Specs are: Intel Core i5-2500 3.3GHz Gigabyte...
  5. G

    Status auto-changing to Away and then getting stuck!

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?) The "set me as Away when I'm inactive for _5_ mins" feature used to work fine for me. Then I upgraded to a dual monitor setup and it now gets stuck in "away" mode. (Have to manually change it). Has anyone else...
  6. M

    Is my psu compatible with gpu and case

    I am going to buy a computer with these components http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Bfur and I was wondering if the gtx670 and corsair gs-600w psu would be compatible with the carbide 200r
  7. G

    tanks

    Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?) I remember posts quite some time ago, mostly from warriors, stating that warrios were useless because Paladins and SK's had all their strengths plus spells. Go back further and it was monks but I'm only concerned with plate class tanks...
  8. G

    CD Rom Drive Open When Shutting Down Windows XP Pro

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) When I close Windows XP Pro, my CD Rom drive opens upon shutdown? I recently upgrade to Windows XP Pro, and never had this issue before. I have SP2 installed. Any ideas what might be causing this? Thank you, --...
  9. E

    Sound/video randomness

    Hi everyone, new to these forums but I'm just looking for any kind of help to finally get this problem fixed... What happens is that I'll be using my computer for basically anything (though the problem happens a lot more with games, movies, internet browsers, etc.) and my sound will randomly go...
  10. porsquale1081

    Core 2 Quad Q9400+R9-270x Bottleneck?

    Hey guys, I'm building a rig for a friend of mine, and he's on a pretty tight budget. I have a Q9400 and a 775 mobo laying around, and I'm looking to let it go for him cheap, (Again, tight budget) and I want him to get a decent gpu, (R9-270x). I've looked around on forums everywhere, people...
  11. G

    Is there a way of blocking users from adding non work rela..

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?) Is there a way of blocking users from adding non work related contacts but still alowing them to instant message work related contacts. -- gavind
  12. G

    Help! Please!

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) I have a seriousproblem with my system. I can't access system restore, help and support, and have the following error message. MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ RUNTIME LIBRARY Runtime error! Program C:\Program Files\Internet...
  13. G

    Unable to route a fax in e-mail

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) Hi, I've a problem with my Windows Fax. I've setting my Fax to route incoming faxes to a mailbox using my Smtp and works without problem. 2 days ago I've change my modem fax and now the routing can't works. In event viewer...
  14. R

    Will 1 gig of RAM do?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I'm looking to do some modest gaming and was wondering if 1 gig of RAM will make a difference from 512.
  15. haswellgamer

    I'm new to this soooo...(boot drive question)

    I am currently building a computer for the first time, and I was just wondering, what is the function of the boot drive? I mean, I know what it does, but I hear people all the time saying they put some games and the OS on it. Isn't it suppose to be there to boot JUST the computer? Or is it there...
  16. M

    1 console session also accessible via remote desktop

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?) Windows 2000 Server - Terminal Server in Remote Administration mode and Windows 2003 Server Remote Desktop are limited to 3 concurrent sessions (2 independent via remote desktop and 1 console session also accessible via...
  17. G

    WTB: 4-player cabinet in MD...just about any will do

    Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?) Anyone have a ninja turtles style 4 player cabinet in or around MD? A buddy wants to learn how to build/work on arcade games so I'm trying to help him find a project cabinet. We're probably just going to MAME or JAMMA it so...
  18. S

    Dell Studio XPS - Power Supply

    I bought a dell Studio XPS, (core i7, etc,) and bought a bfg 260 video card seperatly. But i know that they only have a 360W power supply in the Studio XPS, which obviously isn't enough to run the graphics card.. Therefore, i am planning buy a new one and put it in,. The computer is on order...
  19. J

    How can i resolve error 1317 using windows 7

    when i tray to install opera browser 10 on my pc a notification appears: an error occured while attempting to create the directory c:\user\user_1\appdata and the installation fallure what can i do to resolve this error.
  20. A

    gigabyte motherboard can't enter into BIOS setup withn XFX R7850

    I had a gigabyte mobo with XFX R7850 core edition, my problem is when i connect to the graphics card's DVI icant enter into bios setup, monitor shows no signal, but it connect to on board VGI everything works fine. Please give me a solution My RIG: Mobo :Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2PT CPU :Amd FX...
  21. K

    Accidentally hit cl cmos!

    I accidentally pushed the cl cmos button on the back of my new comp (msi z77a-g45 motherboard) whilst poking around blindly.. And the pc was still on. Stupid I know. Now I can't boot (display shows nothing when the computer is turned on). Can't get any video at all from the on board graphics or...
  22. G

    rundll and Print Preferences No One replied to first post

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) I have create a scipt to auto create and install printers for our XP Deployment. The script works fine but I need to see the preferences for the printers at least set them to A4 because after I have run my script every...
  23. D

    Links in Email no longer work after SP2 installed

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) Can anyone advise me as to why links in my emails in outlook express no longer work after installing SP2? Since installing SP2, whenever I click on a link nothing happens...initially pics in emails didn't show up...
  24. G

    Computer Upgrade Suggestions

    Hey everybody, I've got some funds coming in and I figure I could do some upgrades to my PC, and I'm looking for a few recommendations. Originally I had figured I had a defective hard drive which has turned out to be false, and it is actually my power supply (Corsair TX650v2). Any time it gets...
  25. R

    New build

    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/EtAj Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/EtAj/by_merchant/ Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/EtAj/benchmarks/ CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($319.99 @ Newegg) CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO...
  26. J

    List of components I need to build my own computer?

    Hi, new here. Ive been a dedicated console gamer for years now and was looking forward to the next Xbox very much, then I heard about how itll still be outdated by PC gaming even before its release, so I did some research into PC hardware and decided that it was the place to go. Ive learned a...
  27. N

    How to stop Windows Sharing System Memory

    I have a asus p6td deluxe board with 24GB ddr3 1600Mhz 2 nVidia GTX 295 Cards in SLi not overclocked YET and i7 975 EE why is the system alocating system memory to the cards when they have 1795Mb available as dedicated GDDR3.?? any one really know the answer. or are we all just shooting blanks...
  28. L

    NTBackup - Hangs while "Preparing to backup using shadow c..

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) Any ideas how I might diagnose / fix my backup problem, whereby NTBackup hangs and I have to manually power down my Dell 8400 (XPS)? My system includes Serial ATA RAID 1 with dual 250GB drives, an Adaptec 39160 SCSI...
  29. Gate9er

    HELP TO BUY NEW SSD

    Hi guys I want to buy an SSD, I am looking to spend about 150 pounds. Are there any suggestions?? P.S. I am looking around 250GB but I can get flexible on that Cheers!
  30. G

    keyboard block

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) I've still installed WinXP. When the computer boot I can press the keys to enter into the BIOS. But as soon as WinXP start then the keyboard doesn't work no more. The keyboard and the mouse are PS2 peripherals...
  31. G

    Boot problem caused by running Ghost

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) After attempting to create an image of my disk using Ghost, my computer freezes early in the boot sequence. So early, that I dont have control of...
  32. G

    MAJOR DEFRAG PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) i have a huge problem with trying to defrag my pc. Firstly a pop up continually appears stating that i have low disk space available on my pc. So from this i am continually doing a disk clean up. When i have...
  33. SamoTheGamer

    is my PC bottlenecking?

    So my PC can't run bf4 on high without huge framedrop, but according to the sys. Req. It should, it also crashes when I oc Motherboard: Asus M5 A97 R2.0 Graphics: XFX r7950 core edition 3gb GDDR5 CPU: AMD FX 8350 black edition 4:0ghz 18mb cache RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb ddr3 ram Storage...
  34. G

    XP Video Powertoy

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?) I have a Media Center PC with MP10 installed. I dowloaded this powertoy. When I try going into settings I get a window popping up that says I need MP9 for the plug-in. It also has a button that should take me to the MP9...
  35. G

    How difficult to install new playfield?

    Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?) Hi folks, i would very much appreciate your expert opinions on this. I have a one month old TAF, TZ, and TSPP. our first pins, ever. My TAF playfield is blemished, and I have a line on a never used reproduction playfield I...
  36. G

    Local Printer installaton by "user

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) We have several laptop users that travel from site to site within the company and would like to be able to connect to the local printer. These users are "users" in the domain and of the local workstation. As a company...
  37. G

    Messenger no longer opens message window

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger,microsoft.public.outlook (More info?) When a Messenger contact is offline, I right click and select Send Email. In the past, a new message window would open for me to write the message. Outlook opens if it was closed, but the new...
  38. G

    USB CF reader gets wrong drive letter and won't work

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) Hi all, I have an external USB Compact Flash card reader plugged in. When I start up my machine (XP with SP2 installed), the reader is assigned drive letter I:. Explorer sees it as drive I:, Device Manager recognises a USB...
  39. G

    Firewall

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) I am having a problem with getting disconnected from my Cisco VPN with the Windows XP Firewall enabled. With it disabled it stays connected without any problems. I have added the proper ports to the exception list...
  40. G

    Help ASAP, please

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) While doing maintenance I uninstalled various programs through CP- Add RemProg and decided to check errors (disk scan) after doing disk cleanup. The error checking process stopped and there was a full screen message beginning...