AOL

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with AOL.
  1. G

    javascript wont start application

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) When I click on links with javascript on a homepage the application starts ok but when I go to page under this homepage and click on javascript links nothing happens.
  2. R

    At witt's end. All playback devices "not plugged in".

    Okay, I'm about to go off the deep end with this thing. Been working on this "rig" (PoS Compaq SR5350F) for hours upon hours now. Machine came in with Vista x64. Customer wanted to upgrade to Windows 7 among other things. Upgraded their RAM, installed an HD6670 and sold 'em an OEM Windows 7...
  3. A

    Will I be able to run this graphic card?

    So basically my motherboard only has 2.0 PCI My power supply is 550watt my cpu is 3.2ghz amd phenom IIx6 1090t and the graphic card I was hoping to buy/run is R9270x saphire 2gb or GTX 760,I would love a detailed anaylsis on both the graphic cards Will my CPU bottleneck this graphic card?If...
  4. K

    does my psu work

    I plugged it into a new motherboard that i bought it old to someone else because it used but the green light comes on inside the board but when i use a screw driver to try and turn it on it does not turn on i use a screw driver because i dont have a power switch but my motherboard does not come...
  5. J

    FUNCTION OF WINDOWS VISTA

    FUNCTION OF WINDOWS VISTA
  6. sanat1

    radeon hd 7850 battlefield 4

    would a radeon hd 7850 1GB play bf 4 and all future games at ultra specs: amd fx-8320 MSI 970a-g43 mobo 550w PSU 8gb ram 16 inch monitor 1366X768 would i be able to play future games with this rig??
  7. J

    P4 2.0 benchmark

    There avaible in france nothin new that he win all benchmark.But i wait to see anadtech/toms benchmark. But i got the price 512 $ 192 for 1.7.Good deal at 192$ for 1.7.
  8. G

    Smartcard and a log off problem

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) Hello forum, I am using smartcard with a certificate to log on to my XP sp2 workstation and everything is OK. Before i leave the office i plug out the smartcard from the workstation (the station is not locked due...
  9. E

    Secure Boot!!!

    Hi! I used Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant to see whether my apps are fully supported or not. But I've found something new! It says that my computer is not compatible with Secure Boot! So the question is : "Do I really need a Secure Boot?" and "What is Secure Boot". It says that I need a firmware (...
  10. N

    Is this monitor a good one for gaming and general use.

    Hello, just a simple question. I am going to buy two new monitors. I will be doing lots of gaming but work on the computer a lot too. This monitor has a response time of 8ms, that is my only concern. I will not be gaming with all the high setting, just middle settings, the games will be BF3 and...
  11. R

    Not sure if it's the motherboard or not.

    Well today I built a new (albiet not quite powerful) computer using an ASrock B75M-DGS R2.0 motherboard, an i3-3240 processor, 8gb DDR3 Ballistix RAM Stick, 500gb SATA HDD, 430w Power Supply, and ZOTAC Geforce GTX 650Ti 2gb video card, but after making sure everything was connected and trying...
  12. J

    Canon W8400 compatible cartridges

    Will using compatible cartridges in my Canon Imageprograf W8400 damage it?
  13. AMDisAwesome

    AMD E-350 vs Pentium 4

    I game alot but, I've got me a game which says minimum Pentium 4 processor I've got a E-350 which runs other games quite fine but would it work for me??? Also, It if was dual core optimized that would help but atm I think its not
  14. F

    Difference between two models by WD ?

    I am planning to buy a 2 TB model of portable hard drive (USB powered only ).. My long lasting search landed me on two models by WD: 1. My Passport 2. My Passport Ultra My local market has a price difference of $45 between the two, MyPassport being the cheaper model; My Passport Ultra is $176...
  15. P

    Windows keeps restarting over and over

    We'll I was updating windows 8 to windows 8.1 about a day ago and I didn't plug my laptop in properly so it turned off during the update and now when I turn it on it shows the acer logo and it's where I have the option to press F12 or F2 but it restarts straight away so when I press F12 or F2 it...
  16. R

    Will dual Quadro k4000 in my hp z820 allow for greater resolutions?

    Use of two gpu's to boost resolution
  17. B

    Newbie finished building his PC, need your help now !

    Hey guys, i just completed my new setup and i need your help if all this things will work well with eachother, if i should change something (+- in the same price) or whatever you think about it. I will use it mostly for gaming, sometimes to work with adobe premiere/ae and so on, i just want a...
  18. mcdonh

    Custom Loop rad help

    ok here is my build: http://www.pccasegear.com/sc/yC9b I am wondering how many rads I would need to cool it. The mobo comes with inbuilt water cooling and when they release water blocks for the 780 ti I will be adding that to the loop also I plan to overclock the CPU and the GPU a fair amount...
  19. S

    27" 2560x1440 for under 300 bux? Get out of here

    I'm going to Korea (South Korea for you skeptics) early next year and I was interested in buying a new monitor. When I did a quick search on the popular korean search sites Naver and Daum, I found some interestingly priced monitors. These brands which I never heard of I'm assuming are local to...
  20. C

    Not sure if this build will be outdated or not when I can afford it.

    Hello so a few months ago I was on this forum discussing computer components so I could build my own. However at the time it turned out I didn't have enough money to afford it, and still don't... So on that note, I'm still technically new to this whole computer building thing and am currently...
  21. M

    Best monitors to pair with Asus ve258q

    I have a ASUS VE258Q with dual 6850's and I'd like to add two more monitors to my setup so that I can more easily work (I do web development) and do eyefinity. Because of the limitations of my desk I'd like to get two monitors that have a swivel stand included so that I can turn the monitors to...
  22. T

    i have a computer with windows XP on it. i can't get my ethernet to work...i can't get into the BOIS so that i can see if it i

    grtting the ethernet to work and removing one of windows programs
  23. D

    Monitor/printer compatibility

    I have recently bought a BENQ LCD monitor and now, when I send B+W or colour images to my HP PSC1210 printer they end up with a bluish haze over them. Can anyone help? Please!!
  24. J

    Of these two Asus monitors, which is better?

    They both seem so similar to each other http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100006519%2050001315%2040000020%20600060968%20600030956%20600029504&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&CompareItemList=20%7C24-236-153%5E24-236-153-TS%2C24-236-174%5E24-236-174-TS
  25. D

    Best Budget PSU, ~600W Minimum?

    I've been having serious trouble finding a decent PSU for my build, and its been a huge hassle. Basically, can anyone tell me the best PSU in the $50-$70 range that will power an estimated wattage of 444W with overhead? I've received recommendations for this, this, and this. Are any of them...
  26. T

    cheapest way for cable management for my logitech z506?

    I'm trying to use all 5 of logitech satellites(and that the main satellite speakers is dead) so I would like to know what is the best way to do some nice cable management for them cause the wires are way too long. need some advice here
  27. G

    Fans keep spinning after shutdown

    i have Win 7 x64 and i've begun to experience this problem recently. when i turn my computer off it turns off normally but all the fans in the computer keep spinning (even the motherboard LEDs are on). this problem has started recently. i did not experience this earlier. also, this only happens...
  28. P

    A few questions about upgrading from a HD -> SSD card

    What kind of improvements will I notice If I upgraded my PCs Boot Device as a SSD instead of a HD? I heard the read / write speeds are much faster. Does this mean installing a program onto the SSD is much quicker? Also, I'd like to know a good SSD I can buy for around $300 and If it's really...
  29. adambeau

    Motherboard Temperature too high?

    I overclocked my 1045t to 3510mhz with 2080 mhz for the northbridge. The cpu voltage is at 1.35 (max 1.4) and i am currently getting temps of 16-20c idle and 36-40c when under full load. However when i run HW monitor or speccy it shows that my motherboard (cpusocket) is considerably higher...
  30. G

    Umax astra 5800 driver for windows 7

    frooftwarem where can we down load umax astra 5800 scanner software
  31. M

    Dvi or vga computers

    I have both VGA/DVI connections on monitor and computer. Can I use one or both?
  32. S

    Need help finding the right monitor

    Hello! I just put together a new build and need 2 great monitors to compliment the build. I realized that I know nothing about the current state of the flat panel market when someone recommended IPS (I do a lot of graphic design) and I was pretty clueless about the implications. Done a bit...
  33. JoshWS

    Screen wont work.

    Hi, I was wondering if you could help me solve this problem. I was playing around with the refresh rates (Hz) on my LCD screen, I used the computer for a good hour before switching my computer off. This is when the problems started, I went to switch it back on and nothing happened, I waited a...
  34. J

    Pls answer

    paano po ginawa ang game of the general?
  35. P

    Why are BOTH of my monitors' back ights shutting off?

    I have Windows 7 Ultimate x86. One day last week, I left my computer for a few minutes and came back to a dialog box saying Windows Explorer (or maybe it was Internet Explorer) encountered a problem and needed to close. I clicked close and my monitor (LG Flatron W2453V) shut off. However, I...
  36. diznanl

    What is my LVM37w3se worth?

    I've got a Westinghouse LVM-37w3se with updated firmware so it automatically displays 1080p (there was issues with this when the monitor was originally released) What is this thing worth? Works 100% well... no banding or any graphical issues.
  37. A

    R driver 3 need advice

    R driver 3, just got one of these, might come in hand it is a cable that will let you connect h/d to your pc via usb and also dvd/cd roms, so no need for caddy/enclosure my question is as iv only just got it the only thing i could test it on is a dvd/cd rom it worked fine the dvd rom showed up...
  38. K

    Samsung SM 2943 HM power problem

    Soooooo, I have this monitor..... This is the second time this problem has happened so I guess its something real and not just a loose power cable. The first time the monitor seems dead. No led light, nothing. I was ready to give up then a slight crackle and its worked ever since. This time...
  39. R

    LCD went blank (not backlight or computer)

    My 5-year old 24" widescreen dell monitor (2405FPW) all of a sudden made a fairly quiet but distinct click noise and the image disappeared. Internal monitor menus and functions do not display. I would assume the backlight is still working since it has a noticeable glow when turned on but is...
  40. G

    Ultra GammaView 4055 KVM

    Does anyone know what the hotkeys are for the Ultra GammaView 4055 KVM switch? I just received one that contained no manual and I am at a loss on how to use it.