Distributed Computing

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Distributed Computing.
  1. S

    RDP / Wireless Issue

    I have spent hours diagnosing my RDP/wireless issues and I have run out of ideas. I have no issues RDP'ing into my hardwired machines which leads me to believe this issue is my machine in the office. I also have this issue RDP'ing from work forcing me to use TeamViewer which is a bit more...
  2. K

    Gaming Pc / wall mounted tv

    Right so I currently have a 5yr old 48" LG TV that I use for the front room with my pc hooked up. I am moving house soon and am budgeting for a new TV. I just dont know if to go for a high end hd unit with gaming features, low input lag etc. Being the Sony kdl-50w829b which is £750. Or I have...
  3. B

    Upgrading from 4770 to 4790 without changing mobo

    I have a 4770k that I believe may be a bit of a bad batch - can't get it to OC past 4.3 using the ASUS OC software (4 way optimization). I even get some BSOD when running at 4.2 which is barely over the standard turbo boost. I was toying with the idea of throwing in a 4790k instead and see if I...
  4. D

    Rationale why there are no wireless gaming keyboards???

    Does anyone know why? We have a few state of the art wireless gaming mice like the Ouroubouros, why can't we have a cool, RGB illuminated gaming keyboard that is WIRELESS! It's 2014, i don't want cables on my desk...
  5. W

    HDD read speed dropping randomly

    I built a computer yesterday which has a Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB storage with 64MB cache, 7200 RPM (WD10EZEX). I did a read test on it using HD Tune 2.55 and the results were as follows: http://imgur.com/45vpuBJ Is it normal for a hard drive's speed to dip like that? I noticed a faint...
  6. I

    pcie mini to pcie x1

    iv recently disassembled my old laptop and taken out the pcie mini card but my PC motherboard is a pcie 2.0 slot which is smaller than the card is there any converters out there that I can use to plug it into my PC?
  7. A

    performance of pciexpress 2 or 3 graphics card on pciexpress 1 interface

    hi, i want to know that what is the total performance loss of a pci expess 2.0 or 3.0 graphics card on pci express 1.0 interface?
  8. S

    SLI Compatibility Requirements

    I feel like this is a fairly simple question, but I just want to be sure. I want to purchase a second gtx 660ti and use sli with the one I already have. I was wondering what needed to be the same between the two cards in order for SLI to work. Is it just the chipset, or does the amount and type...
  9. G

    Everything turns on the then PSU Fans stops running and few seconds later the desktop shuts off

    PSU Corsair HX750 Processor: AMD FX-4130 Zambezi 3.8GHz Socket AM3+ Quad-Core Desktop Processor FD4130FRGUBOX Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 Graphics Card: XFX R7800 SERIES Everything turns on the then PSU Fans stops running and few seconds later the desktop shuts off. Everything is brand new...
  10. P

    what are soundcards?

    i was wondering what exactly is a soundcard/ should i buy one and what is a good cheap soundcard
  11. rockinrobin

    Emial gets Stuck

    I have an e-mail w/ video attachments (I'm sure the file must be too big) that is stuck in my outbox. I'm not able to delete it as I get the message: Windows has already begun transmitting this message. It's been there (in the outbox) for 2 weeks! HELP!
  12. R

    File Permission Errors

    Recently I have been receiving lots of File Permission Errors when saving documents. I have searched the internet endlessly and have still not found a solution. Sometimes, when I save from Word (2010) I get this error: Then I can retry, it asks me to overwrite the old file and it works. I am...
  13. K

    Wireless

    Hello,Why do not i connect wireless my computer.
  14. kevinpoore

    Computer properties

    why is it that when i right click my computer and then choose properties it say " 8GB installed"But only " 7.25GB usable ??..wheres the other 0.75gb gone ?my spec is: asus m4a77t motherboard amd phenomii x2 565 black edition 8gb ( 4 x 2 ) ddr3 ram 300gb sata hdd palit geforce gts 450 sonic...
  15. P

    Bluetooth setting

    Hello, my laptop aspire aspire 4736z came with vista installed in it and now i installed wondows 7 and bluetooth driver is not working
  16. M

    WERInternalMetadata xml,WER7678.tmp.appcompat.txt,WER789C.tmp.hdmp

    Hello, I have been having some problems with the windows lately. First there were some minor windows opening from internet explorer, and I was just closing them but now I can not access any folder and the google chrome shortcut icon disappeared. Can not access even My Computer. There appears a...
  17. K

    Explosion counting

    Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?) Hi all! I'm trying to identify explosions. THost starts counting at 1 and increments with 1. an explosion-message carries the ID, as -x0### at least for explosions from battle. If I have the proper ID, I can match it with messages from...
  18. A

    I3 moherboard structure

    Hello,
  19. G

    Stuck in elevator - HL: Office Complex

    Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?) Hi all, need some help: I'm at the very end of Office Complex, AFTER making the jump into the elevator shaft. I'm in the elevator, but I can't open the doors. I press the button, but it just makes a BZZZT sound. It doesn't appear to be...
  20. L

    Stuck on low resolution

    Hello I am using 64-bit Windows 7, an LG W2363D monitor and an Nvidia GTX 560 ti. The monitor is connected using a DVI to DVI cable. I have had this computer for about a month, running fine at 1920x1080 resolution. However suddenly the resolution has dropped down to something very low, I...
  21. edmond419

    Internet usage monitoring

    Hi all I want a free internet activity monitor that I can use to track what websites other computers on a LAN has been too. One example is Active Wall but I can't install it Thanks all Edmond419
  22. R

    HELP need a video card

    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/21NzT this is my build. All bought but video card. ordered 1 but order was canceled by them Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB DDR5 HDMI / DVI-I / Dual Mini DP with Boost PCI-Express Graphics Card 11196-16-20G $259. do not want to spend more than around 250.00-300.00 all...
  23. B

    HELP! Toshiba recovery disk needed ASAP for l645d-s4030

    Hello, This is a random question, and I'm sorry to bother everyone with this, but I have a toshiba l645d-s4030, and I'm looking for anyone else with the same model. I need a new boot disc and you can only get one by making and burning it from the exact same model computer. Toshiba can't send me...
  24. J

    Should I run XP or Windows 7 on my system?

    I run a pretty old system that has had a few upgrades in it's time but currently is running: P4 3.2GHz Northwood 800fsb/512 L2 2 x 512mb Crucial DDR400 PC3200 AGP8x nVidia GeForce 7600GS 256mb 128-bit 1 x 80gb Seagate 7200rpm IDE I use mostly as multimedia system for movies and music, but I...
  25. K

    Acer pc problems reboot and select proper boot device

    Hello, i have acer computer,was working fine ,yesterday frozen while iam at net, and i turnoff by pressing holding the power buttom, after that comes message: reboot and select proper device i couldnt open the recovery by pressing f10 and the hard drive and the dvd missing from bios not...
  26. B

    Big T

    Help I am trying to install a sata barracuda 7200.10 drive as the main drive. the cmos is not reconising this drive.
  27. H

    CAN I SET UP MY COMPUTER TO AUTOMATICALLY LOG INTO A SITE

    I need to log onto a web site at 12.00 noon when a limited number of tickets go on sale. Is there any way I can set up my computer (similarly to autodialling on a phone) to log on as everyone will be trying to log on at the same time?
  28. C

    Upgrade to 64 bit worth it?

    So I've upgraded my cpu from AMD Athlon 64x2 2.0ghz to AMD Athlon 64x2 2.7ghz on my old Dimension E521 desktop,and I'm wondering about squeezing yet more performance out of this machine. Would buying 1 more gb ram (currently have 3) and doing a clean install of win 7 home premium 64 bit be worth...
  29. C

    BSOD Page Fault in Nonpaged Area Please Help!!

    I Started the computer and it Kept rebooting, i managed to turn off automatic restart and it gave a BSOD with Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area , Stop: 0x00000050 (0x80D87000, 0x0000000, 0x82868E78, 0x000000) What caused that? I Think the computer may have been switched off during updates when it...
  30. W

    Nikon coolscan 4000 driver windows 7

    Is there a Windows 7 driver for the Nikon Coolscan 4000?
  31. R

    Windows 7 printer driver hp deskjet 3550

    I want to install hp deskjet 3550 printer driver for Windows 7 operating system LAPTOP
  32. jhyukkang

    crysis, oblivion which one is more fun??~~

    hellow everyone~~ i just want to see how many people like these two games. also vote for one game that you think is fun~~ thanks
  33. C

    USB Printing Support - Driver not found After Reboot

    Hi, We have a Flatbad Passbook printer (Globalis Pr90 Plus) that we need to use on Windows 7 machine using USB Port. In the manuals it's said that to use this printer on windows we need to setup this as the EPSON LQ driver. We have done that and the printer worked fine. After rebooting the...
  34. V

    Game installation problem

    Hello, i am getting error message while installing nfs most wanted like please insert correct cd rom and restart application
  35. A

    Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this de

    This is the message I receive for my iPad driver. I can no longer synch it with iTunes. What is going on?
  36. A

    How to enable playstation games on laptop

    Hello, i have PCX2.0.9.7 installed on my dell inspirion 15r(i3)..this should allow me to run play station games..the game just loads upto initial phase...i can't select any options
  37. I

    Network problems (on 1 pc only)

    how do i restart the wireless adapter on win 7 pro
  38. will14

    E6400 Retail heat sink

    I'm surprised to find that my retail heatsink+fan came with a silver thermal grease which looks similar to my arctic silver. Suppose it would be ok to use it or should I find my stuff to clean it off and apply arctic silver.
  39. I

    32-bit windows showing 3.24GB of ram instead of 8GB

    i am using windows 7 32 bit os.i ve installed 8gb of ram bt in system it shows only 3.24gb is usable.why?
  40. N

    D vs C2D

    I'm somewhat ignorant when it comes to dual core processors and am building a friend of mine a gaming pc. He is trying to decide between a D 950 and a e6400... because of the high clock speeds and oc potential it would seem to me that the D likely would run games smoother. But when I look...