Distributed Computing

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Distributed Computing.
  1. S

    Technika mouse not working

    I have a technika usb mouse, have tried it in each port, checked batteries, notepad says installed properly but curser still not moving. Help!!
  2. N

    No boot after extending partition

    Hello, I just recently installed windows 7 on a partition that previously had vista, and backed up my "users" folder on another partition. I copied all the files back to the 7 partition and used a program like partition magic to delete the backup and extend the 7 partition. my computer won't...
  3. M

    Default mail program

    When I try to send an email from a web site I get 'default mail client not properly in stalled' How do I remedy this?
  4. A

    How high can the Opteron 175 OC to?

    Haro, How high can the Opteron 175 OC to? What settings in the A8N-SLI Deluxe should I set to acheive the best speed?
  5. R

    Remove uac in word office & student 2007 home & student

    how do i get office home and student 2007 to work on my new pc fitted with windows 7 it loads but there are no icons
  6. C

    Win 7 question

    I have a pop up window that says "Sign In, User name and Password do not match." How do I eliminate that?
  7. W

    Handwriting and touch screen

    Hello, I have a question about touch screens. Is it possible, with a touch screen, to add handwriting to a Microsoft Word document? I am a teacher who often has students who send me homework over my staff e-mail. I would love to be able to open their document, correct it directly on a tablet...
  8. N

    Marvell 91xx driver

    I can't get the driver except a floppy format. I'm running a ASUS Rampage III GENE MotherBoard w/ windows7 and 5 1 TerraByte sata3 Harddrives.
  9. J

    Marvell yukon drivers

    Hello, I have lost all sound, any idea if updated the Marvell driver will help
  10. R

    Start menu doesnt fit my screen on windows 7

    i just install new pc with windows 7 the star menu add icons don't fit in my screen.
  11. O

    W7 WINRE partitions

    Hello, On a Toshiba latop I suddenly have 2 WIN RE partitions?? One with more on it than the other! can I delete the superfluous one and dlete the RE name in the obvious System partition?
  12. C

    Windows7 USMT

    Do I use the 'User State Migratiion Tool' to transfer files and settings from an old Win2000 system to a new Win7 system?
  13. A

    Domain for Win 7 Home premium

    Can I Domain Win 7 home premium ?
  14. R

    High quality Samsung toner cartridges

    Can anyone suggest High quality Samsung toner cartridges in Toronto?
  15. B

    Windows 8

    How do I remove windows 8 from my computer.
  16. B

    Is this mobo good for overclock

    hi can i overclock my q6600 to 3ghz with this mobo intel dg43rk the cooler is rosewill rcx z90-al and the psu is cooler master extreme 2 525w rest of the specs 4gb ddr3 ram evga gtx 560ti 750gb hdd and a crapy cheap case
  17. D

    removing write protection from removable disk

    Hello, I was using a removable disk as a storage system. Suddenly, I could no longer add items or make changes. A screen comes up saying the disk is "Write Protected." How do I remove this feature from the dis? David Johnson
  18. TyphX

    Reusing a hard drive windows 7

    I want to reuse my current HD with a OEM copy of windows 7 (compaq) on a computer that i am planning to build. I want to use a MSI mobo, and i understand that the HD is tied to the mobo most of the time. What can i do to reuse the HD and Windows 7 WITHOUT :pt1cable: REINSTALLING?
  19. G

    View digital camera photos to laptop computer

    I have no previous experience regarding this matter. I have an Olympus T-100 12 megapixel camera and a Dell E4310 laptop. I would like to view/copy the photos from the digital camera memory card.
  20. S

    SOLUTION OF ERROR 0X80ee000c

    Hello, pl send me the solutin of this error 0x80ee000c when i am in video chat i can see my frnds picture in live but for a few second and after that it will missing and write this error
  21. Aoyagi

    Virtual machine stuff

    Hello, I have a few questions regarding VM and W7. 1) If I wanted to use a new OEM license of W7, will it work (activate) on a VM? 2) Is there a way to install W7 on an unactivated (don't ask, stupid licenses) VM Vista system while preserving all the data and settings? (or at least most of...
  22. R

    Driver

    Hello, I need a driver for my Lexmark Z600 series printer. Any help
  23. F

    Cant install windows 7 64 bit

    i get an error message that says not compatible with my processor even tho i have a 64 bit processor. ive tried everything but im out of options.
  24. R

    Nero9 Windows7 compatability

    Just installed Nero9 Essentials on Win7. I use Nero primarily for editing and burning vinyl records (recorderd via LP recorder)but can not find the recording via ADD in Nero to edit and burn. Selecting and burning DATA disc is OK but not MUSIC files.Does NERO9 lack something? Is there a fix? Is...
  25. camargo2012

    Need help!

    is this a good overclock? if not tell me how can i fix it! :D my temps at idle are ~50c at load: 70-80c http://img684.imageshack.us/i/454un.jpg/ http://img822.imageshack.us/i/988l.jpg/ thanks!
  26. T

    Windows 7 soundmax 5 12 0001 3670 audio driver

    Hello,i have a toshiba spa40 i need the audio driver for windows 7 as i am thinking of upgrading my system my audio driver for xp is sound max 5.12.0001.3670 i need the same driver version that is compatible with win 7 can someone help me ???
  27. spartan92

    Recommend overclock via BIOS or motherboard utility for moderate OC?

    Question for the experienced. Putting a new build together this weekend (components in signature) and I was planning on moderately overclocking the CPU and memory. Wanted to ask if people generally recommended using the Asus TurboV Evo utility for this or should I just do the overclocking...
  28. S

    Playing cod online pc

    Hello, how can you play cod online
  29. S

    Virus or software issue? Or something worse?

    Recently my pc has been slightly slower and loading, and i have noticed it a few times, but didnt really care much about it as the c:/ is basically just about full with only 10gb left out of 260gb. I also have been notching for awhile, that while sometimes changing from one program over to say...
  30. G

    Help,rogue spear lobby

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?) Okay heres what has happend,i was playing rogue spear and decided to reboot due to lag,when i got back onto the zone and clicked on the lobby ..nothing comes up so im wondering whats goin on and also in task manager it apopears on...
  31. G

    Level 78 Assasin, now what?

    Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?) Hi, my SP Assasin needs some advice on where to put her final points until level 85 - about 12 skill points. So far, she has: Death Sentry: 5 BoS : 5 Shadow Mast.: 14 Tiger Strike: 20 Dragon Tail : 20 Pre-Reqs : 19 Damage is...
  32. Q

    Homebuilt computer having POST problems

    Whenever I turn on my computer, the Boot_led light flashes red quickly before turning off and the CPU_led light also flashes red before quickly turning off. I am attempting to put this computer together right now and have had varying success...but i have never gotten past the CPU light being...
  33. T

    Freezing up, can't run Windows Update

    :EDIT: Looks like I have a bad hard drive. Luckily it's under warranty and Dell will be covering it.
  34. B

    HP Smart Web Printing hpswp_bho dll

    Hello, I HAVE LOST THE TOOL BARS TO CLICK ON TO PRINT, AND NEVER HAVE BEEN ABLE TO PRINT ONLY ITEMS HIGHLIGHTED. THE "PRINT SCREEN" BUTTON DOES NOTHING
  35. P

    Documents and settings isn't on my root c

    I upgraded from 32 bit to 64 bit, but when I used my back up recover program, all my files are on my desk top, and root c doesn't seem to contain doc and settings.
  36. G

    Windows 7 home premium login to domain

    Hello, need help to connect one of my pc with os windows 7 home premium to my sever 2008 domain
  37. @

    Microsoft Tunneling Adapter

    Where can i download drivers
  38. D

    System Has Poor Performance...Need Help

    OK, so I have an outdated rig, I know. I did build it a few years ago with good quality parts, but I am delaying building a new one because I don't have the time and dont want to have to spend the $$, but I am rapidly approaching a frustration level of just doing it. So here is my issue. I do...
  39. N

    New build / Upgrade ~$500

    Been browsing thru the forums looking for some advice on my build/upgrade. I just ordered a Dell XPS 8500 which will end up costing me ~$670 with the following specs. i7-3770 processor 8GB DDR3 SDRAM AT 1600MHZ-2x4GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 1GB GDDR5 1TB SATA Hard Drive 7200 RPM Dell Wireless...
  40. Flamesjowel

    Windows 7 64bit SUPER SLOW

    Hello all, Im usually pretty good with computers, components and drivers stuff, but this time I am defeated. It's the frist time I'm installing a 64 bit OS on my system. I have a fairly high end build which is described at the end of this post. I did a clean install, so I first formated my HD...