Distributed Computing

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Distributed Computing.
  1. N

    Windows 7, programs won't open after BSOD.

    My computer just went off and died. I was browsing the internet and it froze only able to move the mouse nothing else worked so I pressed the button to shut it off. When I turned it back on it would boot slightly slower than before. The major problem comes with opening any programs. I tried to...
  2. alhanelem

    Windows 7 becomes unresponsive on startup

    Lately Ive been having trouble using windows 7. Every time i start it up normally it will load to the desktop but then suddenly become unresponsive and then the desktop turns white (like when a window stops responding) then i have to hard reset. Right now im running on Win XP (i use it as a...
  3. H

    Iracing/Gaming Build?

    Hello, I am looking to buy a Computer to run iracing/rfactor racing simulators. I want it to be able to run 3 screens. I will also be playing some BF3 on it and some video editing from a GOPRO camera. I am not against building one but every time I put together all the parts and add it up the...
  4. G

    Lua, Plots, offer of code

    Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?) For a while I've been working on a plot/quest system. I've been trying to keep it general enough to make it simple to write new plots into the system. Though, as many of you know, this cannot be done in a vaccume. It needs a...
  5. D

    Replace windows 7 with xp

    Hello, got new laptop with windows 7 ... I am too dumb to run this progran ... can I replace it with 6 or xp ... please advise ... jbb
  6. H

    Running FSX and FS9

    Just had a new computer built (with Windows 7) to run FSX and FS9 both run fantastic, except I cannot Print Flight Plans. Any help would be appreciated!
  7. MadCatz900

    Date reset to 2000

    My pc crashed today and the date reset to the year 2000 :s is there anything to worry about? since then my pc has been fine but i had a few problems after 2 restarts when the problem happened (itunes and safari wouldnt load and itunes helper showed 25% cpu usage) It seems ok now and ive ran...
  8. M

    Windows explorer does not recognize gh24ls50 windows 7

    LG DVD drive GH24LS50 will not show in Windows Explorer unless Driver signature Enforcement is disabled via F8 at boot time. Windows 7 site says this drive requires no further action. I am using the latest (Yp02) firmware I can find for this drive. What's up?
  9. G

    WTB POPEYE in Pa area

    Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?) anyone have one of these for sale... please email me thanks
  10. S

    What does create a shortcut mean

    what does it mean to create a shortcut mean
  11. A

    $770 / PKR 70000 Gaming/ Basic WorkStation Build

    Hi guys! This is my first post at Tom's. I am gonna buy a new system soon(most probably by the end of May). Basically I am gonna use it for gaming at 1280x1024. I know my resolution is relatively crappy but I like the details etc. at the highest. Other than that my dad is going to use this for...
  12. R

    USB device Not Recognised

    Hello, I have this most annoying message that comes on every 30 seconds or so. It says one of your USB devices has malfunctioned. And windows does not recognise it. I am using Windows 7 64 bit. I have nothing in any USB port. The HP Webcam malfunctioned so I sent it in and it was replaced...
  13. G

    Crystal Chronicles

    Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?) Is it worth buying FF-CC for gamecube? And where would be the cheapest UK based place to buy it from? Thanks D3m0n4ng3L
  14. S

    Can not shut down easily

    Hello, When I shut down the window, It is difficult to be shut down. The message mention that Please do not power off or unplug machine Installing update 1 of 2......
  15. S

    Can't logon to windows 7 professional

    Hello, When I tried to log-on to my user profile in Windows 7 I get message "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User Profile can not be loaded. Can somebody help me?
  16. D

    Doom collectors edition triology installation problems

    tried runnin it 3 times. keeps givin me this thing that says the program cant start cuz DPLAY.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling again, i didi 3 times and nada. can u help?
  17. Z

    Some once a month crashing problem.

    Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 9f BCP1: 0000000000000003 BCP2: FFFFFA8007928A20 BCP3: FFFFF80000B9C518 BCP4: FFFFFA800A101010 OS Version: 6_1_7600 Service...
  18. G

    How to connect bsnl linktop u100 modem in windows 7

    Hello, how to connect bsnl linktop u100 modem in windows 7
  19. L

    Tv tuner for windows 7 32bit

    Hauppauge 1600 tv tuner,windows 7 media center cant see it?
  20. R

    My new system build freezes while trying to load windows 7

    I'm pretty sure it's Windows 7 that is causing the problem but I don't know what to do. I built a new system, had it running and then began to have problems with freezing and error messages. I decided it was my mother board so I returned it and my new one arrived yesterday. I now can't even...
  21. A

    Does d915gmh support win7?

    Can you please help me? Does Intel D915GMH motherboard support Windows 7? If it does, from where can I download its drivers. I have system CD, every time I run setup, it fials to run on Win7. Thakns
  22. H

    New Keyboard

    Hello, i have a new HP keyboard and computer. Some keys haVE ANOTHER SET OF CHARACTERS IN BLUE. When I use the shift kwy, I get these blue charCTERS. ie shift 2 gives me " shift 3 gives me /, etc. Help! Harry M. , Ottawa
  23. A

    USB 3.0 Transfer from one PC to another

    Hey, I just received a usb 3.0 cable that I ordered, and I'm trying to find out how (if at all possible) I can transfer files from my PC to my laptop (both have 3.0) using this cable.. I probably should have researched it first but I guess it was silly of me to assume that it could ever be...
  24. S

    Switching locations of the libraries in windows 7

    i just did a windows 7 install and have to hard drives a ssd and a 1tb hard drive. i would like to move the my documents,pictures,videos,music so when i click on them the files will be saved on the 1tb hard drive.
  25. R

    Sony windows7 drivers fire wire

    Hello, where do I find driver for cam.dcrhc17 e/widows7 home premium?
  26. G

    WRITE PROTECT

    Hello, I Want To You Help Me About How To Remove USB Write Protect
  27. D

    Dvd drive wont read windows 7 disk?

    Hi there my girlfriend just got windows 7 ultimate from the US (we live in newzealand) we put in the disc and it wont load we cant get into the bios to see if its set to boot from dvd drive or not which was the 1st thing i tried. it says it recoginizes theres a keyboard and mouse connected but...
  28. S

    My dvd writer connot read dvd but read cd? what i do to solve this problem

    Hello,my dvd writer read cd and some dvd but donot read a lot of dvd .when i insert a dvd in dvd drive and open than so please insert a disc .
  29. A

    Unable to locate any drivers for my USB devices

    I seem to be unable to connect devices via USB and have my Win7 Pro (x64) locate the correct driver for it. A couple of weeks ago I connected a wireless mouse. I placed the USB receiver into my laptop, I saw the little animated icon in the system tray looking like it was installing something...
  30. A

    Keylogger, please help....

    Hello, I have a keylogger on my computer and i have ran various scans with spybot, anti malware, and microsoft security essentials, and it wont clean it. The reason why i know its still on my computer is that when i checked my processes, svchost.exe caught my eye since when i got the...
  31. I

    Windows 7 uninstall usb hard drive programs

    I am using windows 7, I have a external hard drive (I use mainly for backup 500g 3.0) that I have been using with programs on it, some of the programs are old and need to be removed...Revo and the uninstall program that came with win 7 will not recognize the programs..it see's and recognize's...
  32. M

    Default mail client

    Hello, how do I install default mail client on my windows 7?
  33. ahthurungnone

    How do you increase the number of connected users on a shared HD???

    We use a small PC with RAID to store a lot of our data. We now have several computers mapped to its hard drive, but now when we try to add another user it says that we have reached the maximum number of connections. Please note: We are not using Windows Homegroup, but merely allowing all...
  34. F

    Asus gate wont start

    Hello, Two o/s 64 bit and 32 bit on HDs. I select one on start up after bios display. I assume Asus comes in before the Bios then will not start? Code error. Anyway around this?
  35. S

    To download directx that is valid win32 application

    to download directx that is valid win32 application
  36. P

    Windows 7 Window Size

    Hi. I've been on the screen where you can make screens larger from (default) 100% - 200%. Is there a tweak / registry hack to make the windows SMALLER? (less than 100%?)
  37. L

    Text problem

    when i type anything in any of the programmes , it gets recorded as regular 1-0 in digits. suppose i type ' god is great' in ms word, it is showed as 123 45 67890 in any of the key logger programme. also, when i type user id or password in yahoo messenger, it is not as i have typed, it is same...
  38. G

    Skype compt

    Hello,how to get my skype page
  39. T

    I need Help with Junction!!!!!!!!

    I think I used Junction for xfire portable. It started last week. It has messed up my "users data" rerouting from C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming to G:\PortableApps\USBxfire\user I am using Windows 7. I scanned for the junction and nothing shows up for my flash drive G. I got the junction form...
  40. E

    Win7 PCI video card drivers?

    Is there a dual VGA PCI video card out there that has Win7 or Vista drivers? If so, like what?