DMI

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with DMI.
  1. tvfreak

    Raising the Price???

    I plan on getting a OPTY 170 in about a month or so. But I read that OPTY CPU's are going up in prices. Is this true? I thought in about a month or so AMD were dropping the prices on there CPU??? :twisted:
  2. K

    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is Slow!!!

    Hey i downloaded assassin creed brotherhood and i started to play it but unfortunately the game is very slow....however my specs are high....iam playing on 800x600 display and decreased all the settings....but it's very bad :( i need better graphic :( Here is the spec: 4GB Rams Nividia Geforce...
  3. A

    need advice on msi mobo

    Hi to all........ I want a bit of advice on this motherboard. MSI KT4V-MS6712. Well first of all i am living in India and we have scarcity of nforce2 chipset motherboards here(like a7n8x). So they are selling at prices that are beyond my reach(especially since i am buying a geforce 4 ti agp...
  4. J

    A new system and I need help from experts.

    I hope this is the right spot since I could not find another forum that had Falcon Northwest of Velocity Micro. I am trying to pick between a Falcon Northwest with 2 Gig of Ram, X6800 CPU, ATI X1900XT, 150 Gig Raptor Hard drive and a Velocity Micro with 4 Gig of Ram, X6800 CPU, ATI X1900XTX +...
  5. R

    What I want and don't want in a motherboard

    Wants: nforce 2 firewire usb 2.0 integrated sound agp 8X nic Micro atx (or smaller) 3 dimm slots ata 133 Don't want: parallel port serial ports integrated graphics (willing to be flexible on this one) does this exist (I haven't been able to find it) Its all a right wing conspiracay
  6. G

    HD advice please...

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?) Need a new Hard Drive, currently have Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ATA100 80Gb - been v.pleased with it. Will do a complete OS rebuild on new drive, then use 80Gb as secondary storage etc. Q1 - Would i notice a speed...
  7. G

    Radeon 9800 Pro and Mobile barton at 2.5ghz good match ??

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?) Radeon 9800 Pro and Mobile barton at 2.5ghz good match ?? Iam not intending to buy a 64bit cpu untill the dual cores come out. And also iam not going to spend 700 bucks Australian on a x800 or 6800 GT video card. All i wish to...
  8. B

    Which one? Asus, Abit, EPoX

    Attack of the 4 letter words...which one of these mobos is the best NForce2 board in your opinion and why? Asus A7N8X most expensive, most features(?) Abit NF7-S middle expensive, same features as ASUS? EPox 8RDA+ least expensive, no SATA , other features? Looking hard at the EPoX right...
  9. G

    Arctic Silver cheap at ebay

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?) http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4127327742&category=36834
  10. G

    Help with Bubble Lights

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt (More info?) Hi. I have an Enermax Case with built-in Bubble lights on the front bezel. As i was installing a new video card, I managed to dislodge the bubble light adapter's wires from the connector to the bubble lights. After many unsucceful...
  11. G

    What went wrong - Motherboard or CPU or...

    Archived from groups: comp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,alt.computer.consultants (More info?) My homebuild PC (Soyo motherboard with Celeron 2000)after about 2 years of loyal sevice went on strike. When I turn it on, lights...
  12. M

    Giga P4 667 seconary IDE bad?

    I just got a Gig P4667 mobo w/ SIS648 chipset, WD 80gig 8mg cache, single 512meg DDR400 board, ATI 9000pro, 16x DVD and 40x12x40 CDRW. The secondary IDE does not reconize the DVD & CDRW drive. I switched IDE cables to no evale. When I place the DVD or the CDRW as a slave on the primary IDE...
  13. Y

    Support 3 DDR module up to 2GB MAX... ?

    Maybe it's really stupid question, but this spec of every mobo get me sick. How could i reach 2GB with just 3 slots ? if 3 x 512 = 1536MB ?? thats the question. And is it possible to install 3 DDR slots onto mobo ? thank you. * CPU not found. Press any key to continue... *
  14. N

    What do you think of this setup?

    I'm planning to build a new computer for my friend, and I've got the following parts picked out: COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 Case GIGABYTE GA-M55SLI-S4 Mobo AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Processor Kingston 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Memory Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600JS...
  15. D

    Athlon 64 3400+ and Dual Channel ?

    Hi, I got a AMD Athlon 64 3400 1024Kc FSB8400 and I order a Asus MB A8V Deluxe but someone told me that those 2 are not compatible. I want dual channel on my Athlon 64 and I thought this mb could do it. Can you suggest me something that would work, staying with my 3400+ thx a lot
  16. C

    Www routerlogin net

    Hello, my wireless router stopped working. diagnostics messages say it could be either bad ethernet cable (not the problem as I am using the cable right now to plug directly in to cable company modem to gain access to internet) OR "drivers not being recognized" PLS HELP AND ADVISE HOW TO...
  17. G

    Off topic...What does IMO mean??

    I see IMO in posts all of the time and I still can't figure out what it means. What is the acronym for?? :tongue: <font color=red>Cut the mullet!!</font color=red> :tongue:
  18. damithagg

    DDR3 1600 for AMD X4 and MSI mobo

    Most of the RAM I have seen says it is designed and tested with Intel based systems and they do not guarantee stability in amd based systems. What ram is good for an AMD based system? will timings of 7-7-7-24 be much faster than 9-9-9-24?
  19. M

    Soyo K7V Dragon motherboard

    I wrote this E-mail to AMD suppot "The Soyo K7V Dragon Plus has been highly recommended as the best KT 266a chipset motherboard by several online computer services such as Tom's Hardware, Socket A (AMD Zone) and GOTApex.com. Why has the Soyo K7V not been recommended by your company? Thank you...
  20. T

    [CPUs] Hardware noob question

    Tom has $290 to spend and he can't decide between one of two options. Please help dumb dumb decide :) Brief overview of what I currently have: Mainboard: Asus M2V-TVM CPU: AMD Athlon 3500+ Yes I'm desperate. XD Option 1: AMD - Phenom X4 9500 // $280 Option 2: One of the Intel...
  21. X

    Help: Specialized OpenGL vs All-purpose D3D/OpenGL

    Hi all. First-timer :) I'm looking to build a pc for a work colleague, whos's remit is most CAD work with AutoCAD 2002, plus he wants good DVD playback and possibly some gaming in the future. He is on quite a tight budget so i'm looking at around £1000 ($1500) all in, including the graphics...
  22. R

    RDRAM has lower latency than DDR

    I'd like to clear up a great deal of misconceptions regarding RDRAM that are floating around this forum. Most of the people seem to think RDRAM has terrible latency. This is actually the reverse of the truth. The accepted definition of latency is the time between the moment the RAS (Row...
  23. G

    Stability Issues (Tbird)

    I just put togater a new system:kk266R/1Ghz Tbird/256meg 133 cas 2 crucial,Global 32 HSF, cheap TNT2 Video (will replace in a month). I unlocked the processor with a conductive pen and have been trying different settings. Overall the system runs cool, low to mid-30's. I seem to have stability...
  24. G

    microsoft word on xp ?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) ive got home edition (version 2002) and have microsoft works. have been looking for a version of word to download but cannot find 1, am i completely useless or can u not get word for xp home edition ?? any help would be...
  25. A

    Custom gameing Computer

    Hello, Please check my build ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 Intel Core i5-3470 Ivy Bridge 3.2GHz XFX Black DD FX-785A-CDBC Radeon HD 7850 2GB CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) Ram 64GB SATA III MLC Internal (SSD) I also have a 750 gb hdd Rosewill Green Series RG630-S12 630W AZZA Toledo 301
  26. J

    Western Digital SATA Hard Drive Install

    I have a Compaq Presaeio SR1150NX computer with AMD Athion XP 3200+ Processor. I have added a Western Digital Sata 1 terabite hard drive, but my system does not recognize it. I have updated the bios to no avail. It is not on a raid system. Can anyone help me resolve this problem?
  27. C

    Time for a new PC

    Hi all, I have had the same PC for a number of years now and about 18 months ago, it reached the limit of how I can upgrade it and it is starting to show it's age. It's been a while since I spec'd out my own PC so I could do with some advise. Here is what I currently have: Asus Maximus...
  28. M

    My Harddive's Power connector fried

    Hello, The other day, i was changing my harddrives around, and i turned comptuer on and saw a spark. It was from a Sata to 4 pin converter, used for my sata hdd to get power with the 4 pin connectors of the PSU. Well The wire burnt and sparked. So now the harddrives power connector on it...
  29. C

    How to recover files after system recovery

    Hello,i did a system recovery on my computer now im trying to load the information back into my computer and it wont work
  30. C

    Added hard drive not communicating

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I added a 120 Western digital hard drive which worked un till I changed from 2000pro to xp pro. The drive appears in Device Manager but not in My Computer and doesn't seem to be communicating with my system. Trouble...
  31. G

    ICS reverse dns

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?) I've got ICS setup, but its not working properly - basically it seems that I can't get reverse dns from the win2k client on the lan (ICS server is win2k too). I try pinging or nslookup and it timesout or cannot find the dns...
  32. M

    How to give permestion for share folder and setup program windows 2003

    Hello, i have big network in my company and iwant to give some pepole permissions to share folder and abilaty to setup any program
  33. Fkscott17

    Question on Crossfire and SLI bridges.

    Hello all! I'm planning on doing an SLI setup soon. Unfortunately I misplaced the SLI bridge that came with my motherboard. A buddy of mine gave me a new bridge, it is an Asus so I have no idea if its a Crossfire or an SLI bridge since Asus makes both. My question is, if it is a Crossfire bridge...
  34. G

    Using CSVDE or LDIFDE to Export Expired Accounts in Active..

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?) Does anyone have a good general knowledge on how to use either CSVDE or LDIFDE to export expired Accounts in Active Directory? Please note that we are still in Windows 2000 mixed mode so I am unable to use DSQuery...
  35. S

    AD schema and other

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?) Hi all, I have 2 question: I) How is it possible exporting active directory schema from one AD to other new domain controller ( outside the domain) ? I need change the AD schema ( add new attribute) and I want try...
  36. D

    Change from single HD to raid0

    Has anyone had success when migrating from a single HD to a raid 0 platform by creating a hard drive image using ghost or acronis image s/w? I read the article that stated THG could not do this migration on nvidia mb w/o losing data but they did not discuss how they tried to do this? I...
  37. Daddygibby

    System build ladies

    Hey guys, I am build a new system from scatch and needs some input. I did all the research about a year ago but ran into some life issues that delayed the build. but ready to continue. using most of the research from a year ago here is a system I threw together and need some critical input...
  38. Vadendil

    Better gaming laptop

    Ok, so I want to buy a gaming laptop but I don't know which one to choose. I've had a look at some of them but I'm trying to get a as good as possible price/quality deal. Here are the ones I lokked at...
  39. B

    Final look at build

    I'm ready to start ordering parts for my build, and I just wanted a final check to make sure everything would work. You know the whole "Measure twice, cut once deal" haha. Here is what I have: Case: Antec 300 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Video Card: XFX CORE Edition FX-777A-ZNF4 Radeon HD 7770...
  40. Nanekud

    Rate This Gaming Build

    Rate my build! :hello: I just want you all to rate THIS BUILD and tell me if you think I made any crucial mistakes. So, keep in mind... I already bought everything listed here. They are on their way as I type this. Let me have it, don't go soft. :kaola: :pt1cable: Benchmarks CPU...