IE6

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with IE6.
  1. CraigHarrison

    Boot problem with Win 7 ("Missing Operating System" Error

    Today morning I powered up my PC and it got through the Motherboard Splash Screen, Seemed to startup properly and then I got this message in blocky white letters on a black background "Missing Operating System" I cut the power cause it didnt seem to be going anywhere and then powered up again I...
  2. G

    Cannot install IIS, web server, FP extentions, etc..

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?) I am unable to install IIS and other web related programs. During the installation, it gets about 90% through and then stops. Currently I am getting the following erros during installation in Event Viewer. Does anyone have any...
  3. B

    disable install new browser

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?) hi, how can i prevent an installation of new browser (like opera, firefox, netscape ...). We need only IE on our network is there a particular GPO (on win2000 server) or a particular registry setting ? thanks Bruno
  4. B

    I am unable to load ms office 2007

    Do not post your @mail, u will be automatically notified if some one post fresh line in your thread. Thanx : ) i am running window 7 ultimate and i am unable to load ms office 2007
  5. A

    Win2k - Win2k migration

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?) > Hello all, > > My current org runs a single win2k domain with exchange2k and needs to > change the forest name, i have searched and found that it is not possible. > How would you go about a migration to another...
  6. D

    Proxy Server Lockups

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?) Hello All, I am having a strange issue with a Windows 2000 Pro box. We are using this workstation as a proxy server running the Ositis Winproxy software. The only other software installed on this box is Symantec Antivirus...
  7. G

    Service Packs and Hotfixes

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?) Good afternoon community, My company has given me a rather large project, and I require some assistance please. Currently, we have 200 servers in place, the majority of them running Windows 2000 Advanced Server, but...
  8. alaintroll

    How to install Win7 from a USB drive

    Hi there!!! I have a Lenovo ThinkPad t410 laptop and the DVD drive is not working. Since i need to urgently reinstall Win 7, how can i do it from a USB drive? Better if no adicional software is needed.
  9. aladinsane2005

    Network adapers

    Hello, Microsoft 6to4 adapter " ISATAP adapter " ISATAP adapter #2 Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface These adapters all have yellow triangles with an exclamation point inside. I tried to update drivers but Win 7 says divers up to date. how can I fix this problem? i7...
  10. G

    Truncated AD logon banner

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?) I am in a mixed Windows Server 2000/2003 Server AD setting. I have the Comp Config/Win Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies/Security Options/Interactive Logon/Msg. Title and Msg. Text GPO settings enabled for a legal...
  11. G

    Disabling Windows File Protection

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security,microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?) Hi, I've installed Visual Studio 6 Service Pack 6 (vs6sp6.exe) smoothly (no reported problem) on a fully patched Win2k+sp4 server machine. Although almost everything was ok, windows...
  12. M

    DNS suffix

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?) hello all, here's the scenario: 2 dns servers in 2 different sites, one primary, one secondary, dynamic updates, sites linked through T1, dns1: mydns.mycompany.com, dns2: remotedns.mycompany.com In site 1, when I ping a computer...
  13. G

    "Wait for network" policy ignored by XP client

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?) Problem: Wireless Windows XP sp2 client logs event 1054, "Can't find domain controller," every morning at startup, presumably due to a timing issue. Group policy refresh is aborted as a result. Configuration: Windows 2003...
  14. R

    NT reload

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?) can i re-load windows nt without backing up my test programs??
  15. R

    Acer wifi driver free download

    Hello, in need acer wifi driver, model no. aspire 5552, in my laptop driver is missing and not able to connect wifi hence i need wifi driver, plz help ASAP
  16. G

    I WANT TO CHANGE OPERATING SYSTEMS I HAVE WINDOWS 7 64 AND I WANT TO GO BACK TO

    I have windows 7 64 bit pro and i play games on line and shockwave and flash player crash all the time . So i want to go back to windows XP Home . I click on format and it won't let me reformat my C drive
  17. B

    Local Group Membership not Persistent

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?) When I add Domain Users to a local group (say Power Users) the setting is not there after the workstation restarts. I have searched through the AD Policy settings on the w2k SBS and can't find anything which might be...
  18. J

    How to disable Offline files

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?) Hi, I could not find the group policy settings to disable Offline Files. I wonder if there is a more up-to-date ADM file somewehere for me to download from somewhere in order to set this group policy settings. Thanks...
  19. J

    reinstall of windows2000

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?) Does anybody know if you can do a re install of windows2000 without losing any info saved to pc?
  20. G

    NTFS Permissions

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?) Is it possible to grant a user modify rights to a folder and within that folder, deny the right to delete a file? I'm pretty sure I've done this before. I have a Windows Server 2003 DC with windows XP on the workstation...
  21. L

    Driver updated d-link dsb-c310 for windows 7 32 bits system

    Hello, I'm looking a driver of D-LINK DSB-C310 PC-CAMERA for Windows 7 System (32 bits) , can you help me? thanks Leila
  22. L

    How to Become An Administrator on Guest account

    Yea.. Im trying to do this... I got locked out
  23. D

    Having problems connecting to Facebook.

    Having problems connecting to facebook. I get a error that says The remote device or resource won't accept the connection. How do I solve this problems, I have no problem connecting to other sites.
  24. D

    $WIN_NT$.~BT folder

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?) I think I know the answer to this but I want to be sure. I recently re-installed win2k on my dual boot system, and this folder is on the hdd containing boot.ini. I'm assuming these are temporary installation files &...
  25. G

    Per Device and Per User Licensing

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?) Hi, can I mixed per device and per user licensing in Windows 2003 TS? We have an existing per device that we purchased and we think that it will be more efficient to have per user license. Thanks.
  26. G

    Windows 7 problem. Black screen, cant install windows.

    Ill try to make this brief yet informative as to what happened. Was playing battlefield 3, game crashed to blue screen, on restart all I could get was a black screen with my cursor after the loading windows logo, restarted in safe mode and same problem. I tried to revert to a previous date by...
  27. strangestranger

    Free Ipod!!(Legit)

    stop spamming the god damn forums.
  28. M

    BIOS WONT RECOGNIZE DISK

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?) I set up a hard drive for someone on my computer and then I tried to install it on his but since he has a different motherboard its not booting. Is there any way I can get the chipset configuration and bios info from my...
  29. S

    Change IP Address on PDC

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?) I have done a network re-address with one PDC and XP clients. From fixed addersses to DHCP in a different net address. Now, clients login and cannot open any of thier files that reside on the PDC user directory. The...
  30. B

    Default mail internet is not well installed

    the default mail client is not weill installed, install it well
  31. G

    Account Operators

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?) I hava a problem because I want some users to enabled accounts or reset accounts but not create or delete accounts, does any one can help me?
  32. D

    shutdown question

    I have a computer that I upgraded from win98 to win2000 and put on the network. Now, when the computer is told to shut down, it closes everything and then gives me the message that "It is now safe to turn off your computer." It never did this under win98, so I know the power supply supports...
  33. B

    Do I need Windows 7 Ultimate?

    A friend told me that in order to take full advantage of hyper threading with the i7, I need Windows 7 Ultimate. Is this true? I can't find any information about it online and would much rather save the $200. Thanks! Any info is greatly appreciated.
  34. G

    YahELite277

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?) Can anyone please tell me what it is? It is in my Add/Remove programs. Something to do with yahoo IM ? I removed Yahoo IM as I think it was making my system lock Up. Anyone had yahoo IM lock up there computer? Thanks, Tony
  35. J

    Pci simple communications controller driver windows 7 32 bit

    i have problem with my pci simple communications controller driver.. how to fix this...
  36. G

    Adding new sound

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?) I recently formatted my hard drive (too much junk!) and re-installed Windows ME. Everything's gone smoothly, but there is one thing I can't remember how to put back. I thought I had written it down, but can't seem to find...
  37. G

    Dr. Watson Problem?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?) I am having a problem with a computer and I cannnot figure a solution. Whenever the computer startups, icons fill all the empty spaces on the desktop. These icons have names like "Ct7a.idx", and when I check properties...
  38. G

    Faster Response when dragging to Taskbar?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?) (I saw no likely clues when i googled: drag toolbar faster respond registry milliseconds) i like to drag URLs from address/location bar in browser down to taskbar, and up to desktop or...
  39. E

    Video Settings not saved on Reboot

    Hi need some help I am using ME and when I change display settings they are not saved when I reboot the machine. Is there a fix for this thanks Jamie
  40. S

    Samsung scx-4100 scanner driver for windows 7

    I CAN'T FIND samsung scx-4100 scanner driver for windows 7 SO PLZ,GIVE A LINK OF WEBSITE