Mapping

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Mapping.
  1. S

    Windows 7 installation error cannot create temp folder

    when i try to install windows 7 it says invalid pif file.i checked for the pif files extensions autoexec.nt and config.nt in windows\system32 \and i indeed found them. is there any way to solve this problem? please reply.
  2. S

    A Budget graphics card for a low-end system

    Hi, I have recently finished putting together my first build: CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 270 3.4GHz AM3 2MB 65W MOBO: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2P AM3+ 760G DDR3 ATX MEMORY: Crucial 4GB DDR3 1333MT/s (PC3-10600) CL9 Unbuffered UDIMM 240pin HDD: WD 250GB Blue SATA-600 7200rpm 16MB 3.5" PSU: Antec Earthwatts...
  3. M

    Dimension 8400 wont boot up

    I have a Dimension 8400 that recently will no longer boot up. There was one instance when I wiggled the power cord and it booted up but that may have been a fluke. Currenlty when turning on the machine the power light is steady green, the abc lights on back are green, the fan seems to come...
  4. L

    Drivers compatible windows 7 64 bit

    I need to find a driver that will work on my pc where can i find it at
  5. B

    wondering about OpenGL

    Hey I recently installed battlefield 3 and VLC gave me an error and crashed soon as the game loaded, upon googling what the issue was, I found the game does not like to share its directx with anything and thus vlc cant output using its default method. The fix people recommended was using OpenGL...
  6. N

    Graphics Card upgrade for 100$

    Currently using ATI Radeon HD 5700 1GB DDR5 is it possible to upgrade this for 100$ ? (there is not room for dual graphic cards) Possibly important information - Using i7 860 CPU. and the Motherboard is Dell DH57M01 -...
  7. G

    Data Recovery Help Needed

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) I need a miracle I need to find a way to recover files from a partition that was reformatted. The files are there. I used a trial software from On Track which did find that files are there. But this software (their...
  8. C

    How to take my picture and email it using windows 7

    Hi , I want to take a picture of my self on my lap top using windows 7 program and email it to some one how do I do this step by step please Thanks for your time Bob
  9. sinsa

    Slowing down motors/fans by adding caps?

    hi guys/girls just a quick question to the electrically minded. i have two 25cm extractor fans i am fitting in to my basement which i bought slightly 'oversized' in the hope i could run them at half speed so they are quiet but stil offer a fairly O.K. air flow over a smaller bladed model. the...
  10. C

    Security cams

    how to hook up all 4 sec. cams to one screen, so i can view/record all 4 of them on one screen & how to view them in different locations of house?
  11. G

    scenery.cfg

    Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?) Dear armchair pilots, just a short question. If a scenery (like Hong Kong, for example) installs itself in the default FS9/Scenery folder (not fs9/addon scenery), do i have to make an entry in the scenery.cfg file, or does FS9...
  12. B

    Do i have a decent rig for PC gaming, new to this

    Im new to PC gaming and decided to upgrade my Pavilion p6777c-b components Im upgrading my CPU, GPU, PSU and motherboard i would like to know if this is a decent rig for gaming and anything that you can suggest thanks. my spec will be down and also website. Before --...
  13. G

    WinXP Standby Mode Problem?

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) I'm trying to take advantage of the Standby Mode in WinXP, but am running into some hardware problems that is preventing the PC from going into Standby mode. At first, it was a printer port logical interface that was preventing Standby...
  14. brutalspoon

    Installation Problems - Missing Hard Drive?

    Hi guys, I'm not entirely sure if this is the right category for this thread, but it seems to be the one that closest fits my problem. A bit of background detail to this story (which you may already know if you've seen my other threads): I had my desktop PC running W7 fine despite some...
  15. S

    Asus EAH5870 and composite tv

    Hi. Is there a way to connect from EAH5870 to my old CRT tv which only has composite video? Via DisplayPort or DVI or such? TIA!
  16. L

    Need help building $700-800 desktop!

    Hi guys, I am currently looking for parts to build a PC, mostly to watch high quality video, listen to music, multitasking some light application such as MS Office, web browser.... Looking for a good speed desktop. Budget: $700-800, prefer somewhere around 750 if possible Parts not needed: OS...
  17. G

    Games

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) Yahoo, pogo, and play site will not let me play any games...Some one told me to download java... It will not let me down load it. Is there anything eles that I can do to let me play games... I have tried turning of the pop...
  18. R

    another gpu question

    hey there, i am looking to buy a gpu for my comupter Intel 4670k MSI Z87 G-43 Motherboard Cooler Master 431 Elite CASE Cooler Master 600Watts Thunder Kingston HyperX 8gb ram(8x1) WD Blue 1TB i wana buy the new R9 series here's my choices 1. Sapphire R9 280x(Dual-x) 2. MSI R9 280x 3. Gigabyte R9...
  19. G

    Two Noobie Questions

    Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.rules (More info?) 1. I declare an attack and tap my creature (3/3). My opponent declares he is blocking with a (6/6). My attacking creautre has the following ability : Sacrifice a land to gain flying until end of turn. I sacrifice a land to...
  20. B

    Searching for file but forgotten its name

    Hello, I am searching for a file on my hard drives which I know is there because I saw it a few weeks ago but I can't remember how I named it. I know it is a document but when I type *,doc in the search box I get loads of e-mails and music files. How do I exclude all but genuine Word or...
  21. R

    zip files

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) when double clicking on zip folder it opens in note pad not winzip. how do you fix this.
  22. P

    Highest length of VGA computer cable

    Hi to all I want to connect 2 monitors to my computer, I found out that there're several ways to do that. So my question is , if is possible to connect the 2nd monitor 250 meters apart from the PC? thanks!
  23. S

    HP Pavallion G6 or Lenovo Essential G580, Which laptop to buy??

    Hello, HP Pavallion G6 or Lenovo Essential G580, Which laptop to buy?? My major concern is hardware durability. Please help!!
  24. G

    Using IDE 3 &4 K7V Dragon Plus

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?) Hi all , I have an existing win xp install that I decided I wanted to use ide 3 and 4 for my hdd's. I enabled ide/raid in the bios and then I thought I had to install the promise ultra family drivers. Instead I have access to...
  25. jay2tall

    Advice on the best Video Card for my budget

    I am currently looking at possibly upgrading my video card. I am, for the most part, happy with my current setup but am starting to see newer games causing some performance issues at high settings. I like to see all the eye candy, but don't want to pay through the nose to get it. My budget is...
  26. A

    Need help upgrading!!

    Ok my friend has a computer similar to this http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/computer_can_series.do?storeName=computer_store&category=desktops&a1=Usage&v1=Everyday+computing&series_name=a6210z_series and im pretty sure he has the same 300watt psu. Now I have several questions. 1...
  27. M

    I cannot write dvd disk in my dvd writer but can write cd and read them as well

    Hello, i cant burn dvd disk, but can read. what is the problem?
  28. R

    THANK YOU TO EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM!!!

    I just wanted to say thank you to everyone in the THG forums! I really appreciate everyone who takes the time to answer newbie questions like mine. I've found a wealth of knowledge in this forum by reading as many posts as I could. Three or four years years ago I upgraded a computer I had at...
  29. E

    How to remove computer from safe mode

    Hello, HOW DO I TAKE MY COMPUTER OUT OF SAFE MODE
  30. fchung0712

    Installing Windows XP Via USB or other methods

    My Laptop was running windows vista, and then two days ago, the computer said that vista was missing, so I took the hard drive out and plugged it into my working desktop. so this is my question, is it possible to install windows XP through the desktop? because, my laptop has a broken disk drive...
  31. T

    Default mail client

    Hello, hello so how do i change my default mail client..want to reply 2 craigslist..and that error keeps popping up. can u help...confused here..
  32. A

    EAH6770 Graphics card

    Hello, I'm looking for an aftermarket cooler for this card but can't find any that are listed as compatible. Could someone point out a good cooler that isn't too expensive? Also, a lot of heat is given off by my chipset on the side of the card that doesn't have the fun on it, should i put a...
  33. R

    Slow desktop loading

    What can I do to start-up my PC in a very quicker way? It takes about 8 minutes to start-up. Please help. Thanks. Richard_33
  34. I

    PCengines ALIX Based m0n0wall Firewall $140 Shipped!

    PM ME alix2c3 CPU: 500 MHz AMD Geode LX800 DRAM: 256 MB DDR DRAM Storage: CompactFlash socket Power: DC jack or passive POE, min. 7V to max. 20V Three front panel LEDs, pushbutton Expansion: 1 miniPCI slot, LPC bus Connectivity: 3 Ethernet channels (Via VT6105M 10/100) I/O: DB9 serial port...
  35. G

    SP2 Resource Page

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) Plenty of information http://jmfmvps.mvps.org/SP2.htm
  36. C

    8800 gts Artifacting?

    Hi, So i recently got a computer from a friend who was using it for simple graphics and other applications, I use it for gaming, it is not the best but it runs most games smoothly however, after installing a few games on it i seem to be getting some minor but annoying vertical lines on screen...
  37. G

    ASPI Layers

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) What are ASPI Layers and who can i install them?
  38. subairijas

    Mcafee showing continues vires alert

    hai my xp os instaled with mcafee enterprise 8.8 & super dat 09/03/2011 system showing continues vires alert when i am open a website. i am attachi mcafee log file here. 3/10/2011 11:21:54 PM Blocked by Access Protection rule USER-2A4B1FD50A\Administrator C:\Documents and...
  39. F

    Help! Using POE to Extends Wireless Network

    My b/g/n router is at one end of the house and on the second floor needs to be. I currently have a b/g/n wireless bridge hooked to a LAN port of an b/g/n router that I am using as an access point almost in the center of the house, about thirty feet away with one wall between them. I get good...
  40. M

    what sound card should I get?

    I'm thinking about replacing my SBLive! Value card that I've had for a few years now, the reason being that Dolby 5.1 sound seems to be converted to the 2 speaker setup I've got a bit oddly - generally, watching a DVD results in overly-quiet audio during the 'normal' parts of a film, then a loud...