MSN Messenger

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with MSN Messenger.
  1. K

    Need Speaker Advice Please!

    I currently own a 2.1 Altec Lansing ATP3 speaker set, and for $80 i have never had speakers as nice as these. But after i purchased my X-FI Xtreme Music, i feel the need for some THX certified speakers. However, due to limited space, i am only looking for 2.1's. Currently i was looking at...
  2. N

    Hi guys need help buying a monitor for gaming

    Hi guys I have always used your advice before and have been very happy with my purchases, recently I got a Radeon x1800xt which I enjoy very much :-) Now because my dell monitor can only display upto 1024 768 resolution I want to get a monitor that can be worthy of the card, I was thinking...
  3. C

    Source for cold cathode lamp

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?) I have a Microtek Scanmaker 4600 with a bad lamp. Microtek sells the lamp but at a cost of $37. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement lamp. The raw lamp would be fine as I can solder the wires to the old harness. Chris
  4. G

    Linotype-Hell Opal Scsi breakdown - Connection diagram

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,alt.comp.periphs.scanners,comp.periphs.scsi (More info?) unfortunately i can no longer connect to my Linotype-Hell Opal via Scsi, tested on different computers. The scanner does not appear. Where can i get the connection diagram for the scanners...
  5. G

    Need a new printer any suggestions, My Specs below :)

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) It must do A3 and print to DVD/cd and be a good photo print. And also have cheap ink catridges like the Canon printers. Would have got the Canon I6100 but it don't print to CD/DVD :( WHY CANON WHY :p Now Canon have make it hard for me...
  6. G

    Finally, I Fixed my Epson C82

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Hi, What did it was simply introduce ammonia water, (10% ammonia), into the cartridges, shaking, and running Nozzle Check utility. Despite the fact that the Nozzle Checks still show dashed lines for the red and blue, , the pics are...
  7. X

    LCD1960NX

  8. S

    Sony handycam drivers for windows 7

    Hello, from my Sony Handycam DCR-TRV 265E windows 7, i am not able to transfer pictures/video to my laptop which is neither having firewire slot nor compatible driver what to do ? pl suggest ,
  9. J

    My Sony Cybershot and Windows7 will it Work?

    Installed my Sony Cybershot (2006) on my new Gatway with Windows 7(2012). Camera has images, Windows said no new images... no responce to camera on MY Pictures. Installed it the same way on previous(2006) emachines computer.
  10. M

    I7920

    hey, i have an alienware aurora with an i7920. i would like to overclock it, and do not know how. what is the procedure?
  11. A

    Bizarre icon, who knows what this, is

    Hi there everybody, My Names Jason from Brisbane QLD Australia, I was hoping to find somebody that can identify an unusual icon that keeps randomly appearing in my system tray next to the clock. Ok now . . . fist of I have Norton Internet Security 2004 on my system fully updated and have...
  12. F

    problem with ftp

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I would like to download things via the ftp server and whenever I try the computer does nothing. I have never used the ftp server and don't know if I have to download something or what. Could someone please advise. Thanks...
  13. G

    XP firewall

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?) Cannot enable XP firewall. Error: "An error occured while Internet Connection Sharing was being enabled. The dependency service group failed to start." I'm using Cox High speed LAN network.
  14. G

    Xp home adding domain

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?) how do i add a xp home computer to a domain to gain access to network
  15. G

    Formating HD with windows XP

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?) I have tried to format a hard drive with the windows xp format using this trail (format c/fs:ntfs) it comes back with a error saying that format is not available. I also checked out to see if FDISK comes with...
  16. G

    How do I get rid of MS Messenger Pop Up?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) Hi Folks, I know this is basic, but bear with me. Whenever I access the internet, an annoying little blue box appears, informing me I have to "click here" to activate my MS Messenger connection. I don't use MS Messenger...
  17. G

    Outlook Express help

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?) Hi, I am wondering how I can set up a filter that will not let me view any emails which are not addressed to me (spam). I have tried looking in the message rules but cannot find out how to have it set up to do...
  18. A

    Best Online Server

    Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?) Hi guys. I've just started playing NWN online and basically just trying to find the best way to level up a character AND maybe do the storyline at first with others. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks everyone Andy
  19. G

    View W9x fax files AWD file (awdstub)

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) Hi!, I read the info how to view W9x-fax files in WinXP. I installed the "awdstub.exe" file. The fxstiff.dll is on my system (two directories). Opening a small AWD-file will succeed, it opens well. I can view the file...
  20. T

    I can't use properly Windows XP inbuilt Microsoft Fax Cons..

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) Hi everyone! It is just a small side problem but it is very annoying. I had the habit using fax/answer machines before but when I did move I sold most of the my flat contents including the fax machine since I did realised...
  21. J

    ikernal.exe seek operation error

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) When installing new software using install shield i get an error message stating that ikernal.exe could not be launched due to a seek operation error. Any ideas???
  22. T

    Can i have 2 domains on my laptop?

    sorry about the double post. Not sure where the best place for my problem is, bu.... i just hooked up a wireless router to my home lan. (2k) on my work laptop (xp pro), i just created a new hardware profile and joined the domain, but it seems to have wiped out my work domain on both hardware...
  23. J

    Replacing a Motherboard in XP

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) hi all i'm faced with the task of replacing the motherboard in my computer that has died.. i know XP doesn't like hardware changes. is there a easy way to replace my motherboard without wiping my drive ? thanks for...
  24. I

    Failed overclock!!

    Hi guys, Earlier I did the mistake of attempting an uneducated Phenom 940 overclock on the BIOS of an ASRock K10N78F, I only edited a few values just to get a boost of speed, but since I hardly had a clue what I was doing I've messed up big time. After the OC attempt the PC would turn on, and...
  25. G

    Windows xp netware client

    Hello,I'd like to get my log on screen back ( xp style ), but the Client Services for NetWare disabled the Welcome screen and Fast User Switching. Please, someone, point me on how to unistall CSNW so I can get my logon screen back.
  26. G

    sound

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Had to un-install windows xp home edition fully. Now I have no sound. Can anyone recommend an audio drive that will go on my computer. Thanks.
  27. G

    no it doesn't work properly

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) I'm all for downloading patches, updates, etc but now my Compaq IJ650 doesn't work properly. I continually get an error message and gee whiz if i want to change from B&W to color printing it won't let me anymore. It...
  28. G

    cmedia drivers windows movie maker

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?) When saving a movie in the windows movie maker half way thru the save program error pops up closes my program and tells me that the cmedia audio driver is outdated. I go to cmedia.com and download what is supposed...
  29. G

    XP laptop can not go into standby mode

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) XP laptop can not go into standby mode Perhaps because logitech mouse does not have an updated driver, I bought the logitech mouse and driver at the same time from logtech. Do I get the updated driver from...
  30. G

    Internet Links in XP

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) When I click on internet links in Outlook they work, i.e. opens to email document or IE at the web page, etc., However when I do the same in Outlook Express or IncrediMail they don't work! My operating System id XP Home...
  31. P

    Flashing BIOS firmware update has lost W7 boot record

    Hi folks, hope someone can help as I'm at my wits end with this! Short background is that I wanted to install more RAM, but Supermicro support told me I needed to update BIOS (flash it) to enable it to accept higher RAM. After I did this, the BIOS seems to have lost the record that boots my...
  32. R

    Printers do not display in Printers and Faxes

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) I have a computer that after all the updates, suddenly all of my printers have dissapeared, well the one I have. Its an Epson FX-2180. When I go to install them then the computer says its copy #6. How do I manually remove...
  33. J

    dialup

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) how can i see an incoming call when i am online using a dialup connection?
  34. G

    Printer problem

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) I can't print on line or off. I have HP 2210. Faxing not set up. I tried all advice in the printer, trouble shooter/tool box. Usually solves any problem. It is set for off line printing. I may have clicked this by...
  35. B

    Activation

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) My motherboard has failed and I am going to have to replace it I am using a licenced copy of windows xp home How or who do I contact to reactivate my copy of xp home when I fit the new motherboard thanks
  36. N

    Unable to start print spooler

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) I have XP Home Edition. Recently I was unable to print - message said there were no printers installed. I tried to add a printer and received the following message: "Operation could not be completed". I attempted to...
  37. J

    software

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) Does anyone have a phone number to Microsoft's support or customer relations? I cannot find a number to call them on registrationof my software for the first time. I do not have an internet service to do this chore. Jim
  38. G

    Dual Processors

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Currently running SBS2000 with a dual motherboard but with only one processor. Q, If I add another identical processor to the board will the Operating System just accept it or will I need to go through repair/reinstall...
  39. M

    adding second drive wityh pre-installed os

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I have xp on one system ( using ntfs ), and windows 98 ( fat32 ) on another system. If I attach the drive with 98 to the main system having xp on, will xp recognise the second os and give me the choice at startup ? or do I...
  40. G

    usb2.0, format my external

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) winxp, external 2.5" harddrive enclosure(bytepro), windows detects it when i plug it in but "there was a problem with the installation, your new hardware may not work properly". suspect (strongly) that i need to...