Office 2007

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Office 2007.
  1. P

    Turbo Boost is working... however it wants.

    I have a Gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3 rev1.3 mb and an Intel i5-2500k cpu. While I had Win7 on F10 BIOS, Turbo Boost worked as expected: when it was on Auto setting if it was 1 core it would clock to 3.7, 2 cores to 3.6, 3 cores to 3.5 and 4 cores to 3.4. I would manually set in BIOS that Turbo Boost...
  2. G

    Data execution Prevention popup

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) Every time I boot I get this message as a popup "Data execution Protection To help protect your computer, windows has closed this program name: generic host process for win32 services publisher: microsoft" any...
  3. G

    Wireless Intellimouse Explorer for Bluetooth

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Just installed this, and it works ok but when the PC is rebooted the mousr does not work anymore and needs to be re-detected using the bluetooth utility supplied as part of SP2... Anyone have any ideas - surely it should...
  4. E

    CD Writing Wizard Broke?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) Backups using Quicken write to the CD Burning subdirectory. I get the balloon message indicating that files are ready to be written to the CD, but clicking on the balloon just opens the CD. The files in the CD Burning...
  5. D

    Old Asus Mobo problem

    I have an old Asus P5B-Plus Mobo. It's been in my build since the motherboard was "new" (years ago). I've searched many forums and have almost concluded that I cannot fix the problem I am having. My Bios crashed, and I cannot get into it. I have tried all of the CrashFree methods; USB, CD-R...
  6. fishboi

    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1866 running at 933

    Hi everyone - installed my G Skills and checked CPU-Z. Says it's running at 933. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt DDR2 get divided by 2 in CPU-Z. If this is the case, how is DDR3 handled? If it should be divided by 3, how come my ram shows its running at 933? Thanks!
  7. S

    MSI 970A-G46 1 Short Beep

    Hi all, First time building a pc. I have an MSI 970A-G46 Motherboard. I turn it on, the lights come on and then I get one short beep. That's it. What is this supposed to mean? Please Help asap. Thank you
  8. theProbe

    Budget gaming rig

    Hello TH community! I'm building a gaming rig for my friend. His budget is 600e. I'm asking for your opinions and suggestions for the components: MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H CPU: i3-3210 GPU: AMD Radeon 7850 MSI OC 2GB HDD: SATA3 7200 500GB WD Caviar Black WD5003AZEX RAM: 1600MHz Kingston HyperX...
  9. P

    Need advice on Motherboard+CPU combo

    Hey guys, I recently picked up a Radeon HD 7850 IceQ and I'm ready for my next upgrade. I'm looking for a motherboard and CPU to help complement my new GPU. I plan on running Crossfire in the future so I am hoping to find a motherboard with 2x PCIe running at full speeds (16x 16x). Now, I have a...
  10. R

    [Build Advice] For novice

    Approximate Purchase Date: September-December (I hope some of the components will go on sale) Budget Range: Would like to keep cost low, but quality over price System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, watching movies, surfing the internet Are you buying a monitor: Yes...
  11. NewType78

    CPU, GPU Combination

    I have been mainly hearing that the intel+Nvidia road is the way to go as far as the cpu+gpu combo is concerned. I have read many builds and watched many benchmarks and the results seem more or less split. to give everyone an idea i am planning on going to SCAD in the coming year for...
  12. J

    First Time Gaming Rig Build Advice

    Hello everyone, this will be my first time building a gaming pc. I won't be doing the physical build, but was thinking to get a experienced friend do it for me. I compiled a list of hardware from Newegg and have been doing some of my own research on high-rated hardware great for gaming and just...
  13. Z

    Low Fps, low gpu load and cpu usage

    Hello, I built this computer like 4 or 5 years ago and recently it's been struggling in games, such as GW2 and Tera. In Tera I get 14 fps max settings and 25 with min settings and resolution (and those are high values, in groups I dip down to about 5-10 on both settings.) I'm running: -AMD...
  14. I

    Buying HD 7950 GPU need advice about updating components

    Looking to get a HD 7950 GPU to play Crysis 3 on high settings. I want to know if this will work or do I need to upgrade anything else, here is my current setup: Video Card: Sapphire RADEON 6850 CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz Memory: Patriot Sector 5...
  15. G

    running processes

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) good morning. when i start windows i have all these little programs that startup in the right bottom corner of the screen. i don't mind norton loading but my kodak picture perfect, quicktime, winzip and more all load when i...
  16. I

    Upgrading advice /w i5 3570k + gtx 690

    Hi long story short my current rig is Haf 922 case X4 965 black edition 16 gigs vengeance ram Sapphire 5770 1gig Corsair 850 watt psu And a dead rot mobo. I've wanted to switch to intel and do a big over haul . I know haswell is in the works but its a case of buy or be left out. I've my eye...
  17. Blue_Toaster

    Need some input :D

    Hi, i have been looking around for some parts for a gaming build for a while now, and have found some for a good deal. parts: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/EnFy I already have a 1tb WD blue hard drive (7200rpm), an Acer 23 in. monitor, and optical drive(s). My intentions with the system are geared...
  18. S

    [Help] build an own Computer

    Hello, Hello, :hello: ! I wanted to build my own computer. Is there any suggestion from the community?:) I just need it for Photoshop, Coreldraw, Movie maker, Microsoft Office, and some games but not much, like NBA 2K13.. and other stuffs, I prefer this things, correct me if I'm mistaken...
  19. H

    Best motherboard for this build

    Hello, I need some help with my first build, I was wondering what the best motherboard for this specific build would be, I am currently thinking about the Asus Sabertooth Z77, would that be a good option or is it not worth it, if it isn' t PLEASE PLEASE narrow my options down. Also i was...
  20. G

    font

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) stupid question, i know....how do you change the display fonts for the entire system? i have changed the title font and the general desktop fonts, but still the interior of all windows opened still have this really small...
  21. A

    First Build Ever --- Lots of Basic Questions

    HEY ALL! I am brand new to the forum, although I have read it many times for help. I have some basic questions about building my first PC. Sorry if they seem stupid to you guys, but this is my first time. So here is a list of stuff I got for my first build. i5-3570k ASUS P8Z77-v LK mobo...
  22. G

    Computer doesn't recognize mp3/wma tags

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) i found the filetypes tab but i dont see anything relating to media player. -- masterxchief
  23. N

    New Build/Upgrade advice

    First post after spending many years browsing for tips I'm looking for advice on a potential new build/upgrade My current machine does what it needs to, but is starting to get long in the tooth (now 5 years old). I mainly use it for gaming (as far as hard work goes), the rest of the time it...
  24. G

    troubleshooter not working??

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) in device manager i have a troubleshooter for certain devices.. troubleshooter doesn't work lately. i click on it and nothing happens. is there any way to reset / reload it so as to make it work? thanks in advance, robert...
  25. E

    New $2350 build!/Sorry for repost, first link didn't work

    I would really appreciate some help with my new build as I am new to home-brew computers and could use as much help as possible! Thanks! Approximate Purchase Date: End of this month, unless I should wait for Haswells. Budget Range: $2300-$2350+. An extra $50, if it greatly improves it is...
  26. G

    System backup

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) I am following instructions on how to backup files and folders with windows xp. I have windows xp sp2 home edition ....and this is not on a network. 1. I have a problem with the 1st step....as to 'click...
  27. M

    Laptop cd player

    Hello, i just format my laptop to windows 7.. but after that, my laptop cannot read any cd's or dvd's.. is there anything that i need to download first before playing dvd or cd?
  28. T

    Description of Hard drives

    Hello, what is the difference between green,red,blue,black advertised harddrives?
  29. G

    Driver and Hardware failure

    Hello, How can i resolve the problem with my wi-fi, "no audio output device is enabled and my "ATI Mobility Radeon HB 5470" is not working but i have an update driver and it does not install properly. i am using acer aspire 4820TG. Hope anybody can help me, Thanks
  30. R

    MSconfig changes in Window 7

    Hi i have window 7 test version installed however When i tried to install Act of war: Direct action, it didn't work and since i have herd how the game does not like more than 3 GB of rams i change the MSconfig settings and set a limit on the memory from the Advance options after i restarted my...
  31. M

    Imaging Old HDD to new HDD.

    Hello, My current HDD is experiencing SMART bad status errors. I know this mean that my current HDD is failing. However I have a brand new one as back up in case of these things. I've never imaged HDD's before and I heard it's effective. I currently don't have any OS software lying around, and...
  32. melikepie

    Windows Isn't letting me used my new HDD

    I just got my 250GB Seagate Barracuda back because the drive was corrupted. Now my BIOS detects the drive and Windows does but Windows doesn't show it usable, although in the hardware tab of any storage device it shows up with all the drive include a 250GB drive, which I assume it's the one I...
  33. K

    EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE

    Hello, I have a WD external hard drive, its being detected as an internel drive... I need help please.... thanks...
  34. junaid96

    Windows 7 or XP?

    Hi guys, I'm building my first PC, and I'm wondering whether I should get windows 7 or xp I'll obviously go for 64-bit, but I've been reading about Crysis not working on windows 7 - is this true? My main objective is to play Crysis with this rig, so if it doesn't run with Windows 7, well, I'm...
  35. G

    monitor

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) the colors or variations between on my xps only show up or clearly when i open the notebook to almost 180 degrees. can i channge the viewing angle?
  36. S

    WD1002FAEX OR WD1003FBYX

    I Bought WDC 1 TB SATA 3 WD1002FAEX Model Desktop Internal HDD. Due to some Technical Problem I created a RMA for replacement. The shipped Drive by WDC is WD1003FBYX. It is 1 Tb SATA 2 Enterprise Drive. I think the major diff is with SATA 3 And SATA 2. Should I receive WD1003FBYX or return...
  37. P

    Seagate warranty check india for hdd

    9ra6a8nl 9cy012-305
  38. E

    Watercooling nvidia 660 ti

    Alright, I tried searching the forum and also the web and I'm having trouble finding a water block for my nivida manufactured 660 ti reference card. Preferably I would like a water block and a back plate, though they can be sold individually. I just can't find one so I was thinking maybe someone...
  39. 1

    Gtx 470 no signal...

    Hello everyone. I just change my case and i transfer anything to my new one. the problem is that pc starts normally booting to windows but i have no singal to my screen from my gtx 470.. i change the card to my hd 6850 and everything works fine! my power supply is touphpower 750 w thermaltake...
  40. C

    Upgrading my Alienware x51?

    Hey everyone, I apologize if this question has been asked before but I'm an owner of an Alienware x51 and could use some tips on how to upgrade my graphics card. To keep it simple, here are my main questions.. 1. If I upgrade my graphics card extensively, do I need to upgrade my processor which...