Pentagon

Forum discussion tagged with Pentagon.
  1. H

    [SOLVED] What's a good graphics card on a pentium 4?

    Was wondering if how gta iv would look in such a pc, what gpu could be a good option, more specifically, in a Intel Pentium 4 1gbram, 3,0ghz, one pci slot?
  2. stl522013

    Which R9 390 should I get?

    I was planning on getting an Asus Strix OC R9 390, but I read some reviews and apparently there are some cooling issues. I was recommended the Sapphire Nitro. Which should I get? Are there any other i should consider getting?
  3. A

    How do you connect 2 computers together desk top and lap top

    HOW DO YOU CONNECT A DESK COMPUTER TO A LAP TOP COMPUTER
  4. R

    Known Issue? Documents and User files cloned on second drive

    I had been thinking about upgrading to Windows 7 for sometime, and after my Raid array failed I wasn't forced to but it happened to be perfect timing. Instead of waiting till my replacement drive arrived, I installed Windows 7 on a different drive temporarily. After I received my new drive, I...
  5. D

    Advice needed for connecting to WIFI

    He guys, me and my roommate have troubles connecting to the internet. The problem is that if one laptop has Wifi the other laptop only connects local. And if we i shutdown the laptop with wifi the other laptop can connect to Wifi. So only one of our laptops can use the WIFI and not both at the...
  6. T

    no input detected

    I can start my pc in safe mode and it turns on and works fine. normal mode I just get a black screen I updated my pc yesterday and it looked like it loaded the update fine. I just get a black screen. please help thank your for reading this. specs are quad core I7 4770k. nvidia geforce gtx 670...
  7. G

    PS2 DNA error 612

    Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?) My son and I are trying to hook up his PS2 with a router, we keep getting an DNA 612 error message, We just bought D-Link broadband router, Cat 5 (50 Foot cable), he can play on the internet hooking up straight thru the modem...
  8. B

    Good gaming laptop?

    Is this a decent laptop for gaming? I'm going to be playing games like BF4,Crysis, Crysis 3, Farcry 3, and Skyrim. Will this run them good? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834313629
  9. A

    Sony viao & w8

    I have a sony viao pcv a1112m. I recently updated from w7 to 8 and now have lost these drivers- touchscreen, multimedia, dvd player,base systems device, pci simple comms controller.
  10. BigBAWZ

    Best bang for your buck 1080p monitor

    I am on a budget of about $130. I am looking for the best possible 1080p monitor i can buy. Please leave comment and links. Thanks.
  11. G

    ATI - Catalyst Control Center - Windows 8 pro

    driver asus hd 4650 pour windows 8 32 bits
  12. S

    Witch one is best bang for buck?

    Hello I am confused on what motherboard to choose would like best value overall. I will be buying a •Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I54670K to go with the motherboard I am looking at these 4. 1.ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer LGA...
  13. G

    P4 Forum

    I went to a launch in Brisbane of the P4 processor, It was said that intel spent $43 billion in developing the cpu, I would have thought that they would have spent at least $100,000 telling thier staff about it, they knew less than nothing, I asked why all results showed the P4 slower than AMD's...
  14. G

    "Yet another game cartridge": A query.

    Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?) Hi. Does anyone know the pin-pitch of the cartridge port, and how long/wide the fingers should be for a good contact? Thanks, Duncan.
  15. R

    Help Finding a Printer

    The features I'm looking for: Wireless connectivity All in one (print/copy/scan/fax) Color & B&W Inkjet or laser doesn't matter Right now I'm looking at the Canon MX410, only 80 bucks on amazon (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004HO58VG) Just thought I'd see if anyone here had a better suggestion...
  16. S

    Information

    Hello, how do i know if my keyboard is usb or pe2
  17. A

    Thick Green Vertical Stripe on Dell 2005FP Monitor

    Hello, My Dell 2005FP monitor has thick green vertical stripe down the screen, near left side of screen. It suddenly appears, requiring shut down of computer to clear, then eventually reappears after rebooting. Is this problem the monitor, or perhaps the nvidia 6800 video card, or something...
  18. G

    Nikon Coolscan II

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?) I have a Nikon Coolscan II ( internal slide scanner ). I am trying to set it up with a Adaptec AVA2904 SCSI card and Windows XP Home. I am having lots of problems. How do I do it ????
  19. N

    How many moe prints can i make if ink is running out

    I have a canon mp560 it uses 5 ink cartriges. There is a sign that my BK 221 ink cartridge is running out how many more prints can i make before the ink cartridge finally empty
  20. Keithley

    [Flat Panel Monitors] Decent deals?

    Hey everyone, Planning on getting a new monitor pretty soon and I was wondering if either of these would be a good choice for a multi-tasker. The monitor will be used mainly for photoshop, xsi/3ds max, vegas and also gaming and watching movies (a lot of movies at that). Would an H-IPS or S-IPS...
  21. A

    To chrlz - Sony Cybershot - JSC-P100 digital camera

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?) Can I email you a photo of the problem?
  22. G

    Canon Pixma printers: ink cartridges, print-head cleaners ..

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) I've just bought a Canon Pixma iP3000 printer and would like advice ink cartidges and print-head care. Considering costs for genuine Canon cartridges vs. generic it seems to me that the latter would be more cost effective - providing...
  23. G

    want to search for anyone in the world? Feel curious to kn..

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Hi, I've found a website where you can search for anyone in the world if you know their name or school/company name. Looking for business partner, ex-lover, ex-classmate or lost family members? . You can go to...
  24. A

    Buy a epson 950 or a canon i965?

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) I am between these 2 printers and don't know which is the best for my needs. I need a photo printer for printing from a canon g3 DC with good fading properties. One of my problems is the printhead clogging that i had in the past with...
  25. G

    Help required to change Transition altitude

    Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?) How can one change the transition altitude as its 18000' in Fs9 I would like to change it? Is there any file to be downloaded or what else can i do ? Help out thanks...
  26. G

    Tech: more space invaders goodness.

    Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?) I've got one of my space invader deluxe boardsets on the bench now, after days of fiddling with the power supply. I've confirmed that their are still issues there, so I'm testing the boards separately. On boot, things look...
  27. Y

    PSU and Case Compatibility

    How would one check whether or not a PSU would fit in a case right off the bat? Also, what is the difference between ATX12v (and its various other versions) and ATX PSU's?
  28. G

    Ira Rivers & Blood Weakens [LSJ]

    Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?) So we're in a JOL game. Blood Weakens is in play, I have 7 cards in hand, and I just reacted with Ira with a Spirit's Touch. I did not replace (from BW) but I did draw an additional (Ira) giving me 7 cards in hand. Does the BW...
  29. A

    Radeon hd 4350 vs sapphire radeon hd 3850

    Hello, which one of these graphics cards are better I have two friends...each giving me a graphics card and I need to know which one to use
  30. G

    How do I get the Yellow stone in Ultima IV?

    Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?) Hey guys, I'm in the room just South of where the yellow stone should be in the dungeon of Despise. I can see the secret door on the North-Eastern wall, but I can't go through it. My Avatar-to-be can go onto the secret...
  31. B

    Nic card not being displayed in device manager

    i cant find my onboard nic card under my device manager after the computer was affected by a power surge during a thunder storm. does this mean that the nic has been damaged by the power surge or could there be another reasons why it's no longer displayed under device manager?
  32. G

    Boiling Point Road to Hell : Swearing, nudity or sexual re..

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?) Hi, Sorry for the cross-post, I'm not sure what category this game fits into. I was just wondering, does the game Boiling Point Road to Hell have swearing, nudity (or scantily clad women) or sexual...
  33. G

    Should I Mylar Over Scoop Repairs?

    Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?) I just repaired scoop holes on both a GNR and an AFM. I followed Shaggy's / Allen's (TC) techniques. I used Devcon to rebuild and shape the holes. I repainted the area with acrylic paints. I spot clear-coated with spray varathane. I have...
  34. G

    FYI

    Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?) Just in case you are interested, www.pcaviator.com is having a 10% off sale this weekend if you are thinking about an add-on or something. Mr. Steve
  35. G

    FS: New WG6100 tubes $170 shipped

    Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?) I have a few extra WG6100 tubes (19VLUP22) for $170 shipped in the US. Brand new, never used.