Proliant

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Proliant.
  1. Stevo97

    Best 27inch Gaming Monitor for under 300?

    So, best 27inch monitor for the buck. I'm really looking to only spend 230ish tops, but if it's really worth it I'll go above that a bit. I don't see a reason for really gaming over 80fps so any idea's ladies and gents? I could really use your opinions here as I could use some help making up...
  2. G

    connect my Dell laptop to Samsung SyncMaster 216BW monitor

    I connected my new Dell laptop (HDMI) to my Samsung monitor (VGA) with an adapter and the monitor doesn't come on. It worked with my Acer laptop for years. I went into display settings and hit the detect but still nothing happened.
  3. B

    GPU wont display windows, but will bios and installing the OS

    http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/KmXhVn I need help anyone. I am extremely frustrated right now on why the gpu is doing this to me. My situation is that when I initially start the computer everything looks fine an dandy, I see the asrock logo and then the windows logo, then boom. The input cuts...
  4. M

    Stock cooler question

    So after building my pc yesterday I have learned my motherboard came broken. I have a stock cooler over my processor with thermal paste in between. I cannot remove the processor from the motherboard without taking the stock cooler off which is pasted to it with thermal paste. What do I do...
  5. D

    Cyber Monday building own gaming desktop pc

    i would like expert input on what to purchase for a first time desktop assembly build. Graphics card(s), hard drive(s), fans/cooling, type of hard drive, tower, etc.
  6. jordandee1998

    Where to plug in headphones?

    So I just bought a new pair of Sennheiser Game Zero headphones and I am wondering where I should plug them in to get the most out of them. I don't have a sound card, however my motherboard (MSI Z97 Gaming 5) does have inbuilt audio which can power up to 600 ohms. Does it make a difference if U...
  7. B

    programs take forever to open! HELP!

    hello everyone,i was just wondering is a 5400rpm hdd really this crappy .My 2 month old laptop has one and everything takes forever to open.Programs like microsoft word,vlc,windows media player ,chrome take 10+ seconds to open sometimes even longer.Search from the charms bar even takes 5 seconds...
  8. F

    apps closing off suddenly (while in use)

    hello, i have got a lenovo s850 mobile which is a very good, but suddenly i have noticed that the apps which i was using since a long time is closing suddenly in between. my keyboard is also showing the same problem. it just goes off when i am still typing something. I am very worried as this...
  9. A

    2 Threads and no solution, let's see how this one goes. GTA V Stuttering problem info inside PLEASE HELP

    Hey, Specs: Let me tell you some things fast. I have NVIDIA 770, 8GB Ram, AMD 8350 4.0 Ghz, 1 Terrabyte HDD ( Don't remember the type and too bored to look for the name, as it doesn't matter ) it's a good one I know that. So as you see I should be able to run the game at butter smooth 60 fps...
  10. T

    HDD for storage, SSD for boot up.

    Hi, I just recently built my custom pc and installed 2 drives (ssd and hdd). I have installed the OS on my ssd, but cant get all my storage on the hdd, I want everything I download or install to go to the hdd. at the moment I have to manually select the hdd and sometimes it wont let me e.g...
  11. C

    Battlefield Hardline Low Fps issue??!!! Really need help!!!

    Is it just me or am I getting horrible frames in Hardline compared to BF4?!, in BF4 i get around 135-170 frames (ultra) but in Hardline I'am only getting 75-90 frames (also on ultra). This is really weird since Hardline has worse graphics than BF4. Does anyone else have this issue or is it just...
  12. M

    Can my PSU handle this GPU?

    So I got in on this deal for a Powercolor R9 290X 4GB GPU a couple months ago, and finally received it in the mail this week. I haven't had any issues so far running this same setup with an MSI 2GB R9 270X gaming, but since I'm assuming this GPU will probably draw more power, do you think my...
  13. W

    Will BestBuy sell r9 300 series likely?

    Kind of a dumb question I know but I just got a 250$ gift card to bestbuy and I want to buy an r9 300 series when it comes out however I also want to buy a k70 rgb keyboard. My point is that I want to not buy the keyboard off of Bestbuy because they have the tramp stamp logo version which I dont...
  14. G

    USB3.0 port with power off charging

    The USB3.0 port with power off charging capability has stopped working. It works fine when laptop is turned on. But it does not charge my other devices when laptop is turned off. I contacted support several times but they could not solve this problem. following are things I tried. 1. In DEVICE...
  15. U

    3-way SLI Cooling

    I am looking at setting up a 3-way SLI using Nvidia 980s, I want to also be able to cool the cards outside the stock fans or to upgrade the cooling on the GPU with the space the SLI would provide. I would prefer to set up watercooling but I know that isn't a convienient option.
  16. F

    Windows 7, Monitor and New Graphics Card Problems

    So, i just bought a ASUS Geforce GTX 750 ti, and im having tons of problems. EDIT:Most imortantly-the screen turns off after the windows logo finnishes 1. Windows aero doesnt work, 2.Installing Nvidia Drivers makes it so that the monitor goes to power save mode and doest work, 3.No game wants...
  17. C

    Help finding a rigid sleeve for a new laptop

    Hey, I'm looking for a laptop sleeve, but the only ones I've found have all been soft cases. I have found the type of case I'm looking for at http://www.booqbags.com/us/sleeves/viper-hardcase However, the cases are too small. I just bought the Sager NP8651. It has a 15.6" display with 15.16"...
  18. U

    call of duty advanced warfare very low fps nearly unplayable

    call of duty advanced warfare very low fps nearly unplayable on r9 290 trix with i5 3570k cpu and 8gb ram on ultra settings why?moreover the game utilisation of cpu is around 95% and ram is 3.5gb any help?
  19. J

    should i buy the gtx 650 ti 1GB for basic gaming ?

    im a newbie to building a PC or buying parts and i have a pretty old machine that has an i3 -2100 at 3 ghz and 2 GB ram and 450 watt PSU so should i buy this card (Zotac Nvidia GTX 650 ti 1 GB DDR5 ) and will it bottleneck on my system ? i just want to play all the recent games at medium...
  20. exfileme

    Duke Nukem Developer 3D Realms Is Back In Action

    3D Realms is back. Will we get a new Duke Nukem game? Duke Nukem Developer 3D Realms Is Back In Action : Read more
  21. O

    please help. kid problems. low disk space!? new drive!?

    So everything was fine. Left kid with sitter yesterday for an hour. came home. low disk space. 3Gb out of 149Gb free Windows (c: ) and 759Gb out of 759Gb free drive (D: )...what just happened? Did she create a partition or something?
  22. A

    Why videos on youtube is laggy?

    My pc spects: Amd fx 8320-stock speed Motherboard: Asrock 990fx extreme3 Ram: 8gb 2x4 1866mhz Gpu: Sapphire 4850 1gb 256bits 650mhz gpuclook 700mhz memoryclook Cpucooler: Antek h2o 1220 watercooler hard drive 1 tb 7200rmp for desktop i use an tv samsung 1080p with hdmi
  23. V

    Network adapter problem

    My network adapter every 1,5 hours turns DHCP off and every time I have to click troubleshoot to fix it.I tried reinstalling the driver and nothing . My motherboard is ASUS Sabertooth Z87 and my wireless router is TP-LINK TL-WR841N I bought this router couple of weeks ago because the old one...
  24. FuriousGamer

    Upgrading ram question

    I am going to upgrade my ram from 6gb to 8gb by buying another 4gb stick to replace the 2gb one I currently have. Do I need to buy the same make of ram or can it be from two different companies as long as it is the same type?
  25. B

    Minimum Requirement of Battelfield 3 & 4

    Friends, What is the minimum Requirement for Battelfield 3 and 4 ? and what is the minimum requirement for watch dogs ? and then i need to know what is meant by overclocking ? Please reply me ASAP
  26. syceo

    £1200 GPU Budget

    Hi guys , Im currently running 2x Palit GTX 780 in SLI, im happy with this configuration but I am now considering getting a 4K monitor. Can anyone give me some advice on whether or not its worthwhile upgrading to 2x 780ti or R295x2 or simply holding back and waiting for the 800 series. Thanks
  27. P

    Texture Glitches in Multiple Games and While on Internet

    Here are some examples of what is happening. http://upurs.us/view/58237 http://upurs.us/view/58238 I'm running an AMD Radeon R7 240 and this just started happening recently. If there's anyway to solve these problems please let me know.
  28. M

    780 or R9 290. Also which one of the 2?

    I'm looking to buy this Thursday as I just sold my 2 6850's. I need to pick a card and manufacturer.
  29. B

    Hard drive questions???

    Im building a new computer and was wondering if i can move my old 1T hard drive to my new rig because it has windows 8 and all my files on it??????
  30. S

    2x 280x or 290x/780/ti

    Hello :) i have a pc that is pretty good now, but i want to upgrade my R9 280x, but my question is, should i upgrade to 2 280x(what i want) but if i do, i have to get a new power supply since i only have a 750w now, and if i get 2 r9 280x i need atleast 850w. but! do i get another 280x or do i...
  31. renz496

    Nvidia Maxwell Launch next month?

    title says it all. they even have specific date for the card launch: http://www.techpowerup.com/196956/nvidia-readies-geforce-gtx-750-ti-based-on-maxwell.html
  32. K

    Running a system build by you guys :)

    Hey all ! I wanted to get your thoughts / opinions etc on the following system build: Asus DRW-24D3ST SATA 24X DVD-RW Black Retail Nero12 Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit OEM Samsung 512GB SSD 840BW Pro SATA3 2.5 Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100i Liquid CPU Cooler Western Digital RED...
  33. J

    Would this be a good build?

    http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2ufoN Any thoughts on it?
  34. U

    Need help on purchasing. (India)

    I want to buy a Asus 7870 from Flipkart..and i badly want this graphic card as it is cheaper than other 7870's whereas asus is generally expensive..and also im big fan of asus products but it has got some very negative ratings which are getting me confused, should i still buy this? Here is the...
  35. G

    Advice for PSU replacement

    Hello all, I have recently upgraded my pc and i was wondering which PSU should i buy for my rig, any advice would be appreciated. Current components: Intel DH67BL Motherboard Intel Core i5-2300 @ 2.80 ghz (No OC) Kingston valueRAM DDR3 4gb x2 ASUS ENGTX460 1gb DIRECTCU 500gb western digital...
  36. A

    AV Reciever shuts down three seconds after being turned on... HELP!

    I am a complete and utter fool. I plugged my laptop into my Yamaha RX-V2300 AV Receiver. More specifically, I plugged it into the RS-232C control explansion terminal. As a result of this, when turned on, my reciever shuts off after three seconds or so. Are there any ways that I can fix this?
  37. G

    free gadgets!!!

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?) you like high-tech gadgets and things, then check out http://www.getgiftsforfree.com/index.php?ref_id=93271 You can get a really great gift like mine, a Sony Vaio K23 for just $40! Really. Just click the link for more info.
  38. T

    PSU Temps

    Hello, Just got a new 620watt psu and I’m probably just worrying for no reason but is 48°C ok under load? And about 40°C idle?
  39. J

    Bad PSU or am I out of luck?

    Hey. When I built my PC in early September, it worked perfectly fine. I noticed that I should move my video card to the top PCI-E slot to move it from the PSU's fan since they were so close. Anyways, I do that, put my PC back in, plug my mouse in, but I noticed that my mouse's LED was on...
  40. M

    Maxtor or IBM

    I have a choice of either getting a 60gb ultra100 IBM deskstar, OR for 13 dollars more, a 60gb ultra133 Maxtor hard drive. Is it worth the 13 bucks more to go to ultra133? Am I gonna see that much of a difference in performance? I've heard some "not so good" things about maxtor so I'm sorta...