Proliant

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Proliant.
  1. L

    Big problem...lost for a solution

    Hi I just purchased a Zotac H55-ITX socket 1156 mini itx motherboard. Installed i3 530 and connected Western Digital Silicon Blue SSD Connected DVD drive to sata etc.... Got 4gb RAM (which works, took it from old rig) and 8800GTS PCI-E Everything POSTS no issues. Try to install windows 7...
  2. C

    Pimp my Rig!

    Approximate Purchase Date: ASAP (within the week) Budget Range: $600-700 After Rebates (and another $500-800 in a month and a half) System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming+LAN parties, photoshop homework, music, surfing the internet, watching movies Parts Not Required: keyboard...
  3. T

    UT2004 Game + Dedicated Server on the same machine

    Hey, I know UT2004 does not support multiple threads but I was wondering if it would be possible to somehow run a dedicated server and the game itself on the same box. That way I could make the most of both CPU cores. Anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks.
  4. X

    Is this CPU + MB good for price

    i have an out of date MB and CPU and have a fair amt. of money to upgrade, i use my PC primarly for gaming so i obviously need good quality, the motherboard and cpu i have selected are these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131614...
  5. shultze

    Cooler Master 700 PSU- which way does the fan go?

    Hello Wise Ones! I'm in the middle of building my first machine, and I'm modding an old Compaq ATX(ish) case (I want a desktop case, and new ones are too small to fit everything and get good airflow). So, I'm cutting the case to create a mount for my Cooler Master Silent Pro M700- which way...
  6. Dibakar1236

    Is something bottlenecked?

    I am going to buy tight budget computer following configuration: amd phenom x2 555be xfx radeon 5750 hd msi 740 gm p25 am3 corsire 2gb ddr3(1333mhz) seagate 250gb sata2 450/500 watt power supply asus 19" wide can i play recent games in high graphics (with AA and AF) with native resolution...
  7. P

    Keyboard keys function wrong. EG. Shift/2 = " [not=@]

    Please can help, some of my keyboard keys are not correct. Do you know what is problem. when I press Shift/2 (") is typed, it should be (@) when I press Shift/3 (£) is typed, it should be (#) 3 more keys are wrong too. Peter1
  8. wekilledkenny

    A10-4600 + Radeon 7670M discrete and GPU-z

    Hello, everyone Dual graphics question I have a laptop with AMD A10-4600 CPU (7660G on-die GPU), as well as a AMD Radeon 7670 with 1 GB of GDDR3. Looking at GPU-z, I have 2 options for looking at the card(s). 1 - "7660G + 7600M", codename "Devastator" 32nm tech, 246 mm^2 die size, 1300 M...
  9. H

    Is This A Good Gaming Rig Build?

    Ok well this is what I had came up with for my new gaming rig. I didn't have too much time for in-depth research but I think it is pretty good. Qty. Product Description Savings Total Price 1 AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor Item #:N82E16819103674...
  10. M

    No USB

    Hello, Just formatted and reloaded Win XP and my thumb drive will not appear in "My Computer"(any port or hub. Unable to locate with "find new hardware" Any idea's? Mickey
  11. M

    Bluescreen on startup with.. too many things plugged in?

    So I built my girlfriend a computer out of some spare parts I have lying around. An old Asus P5N-D motherboard, an Intel Q8600, a 470gtx, and a couple 2 gig sticks of ram. It ran fine for what seemed like a long time, then the OS started getting unstable. Ran a checkdisk and it solved a massive...
  12. D

    Xbox 360 controller (wired) killing my audio

    Hello all, I have recently started trying to use a Xbox 360 control on my PC (Windows XP) but it kills the sound, whether from an audio jack for my speakers or from usb for my headset. I checked my defult device by going control pannel --> sound and audio --> sounds and it is still saying my...
  13. N

    Corsair smps

    where can i get corsair vx450w in madurai
  14. bobi99mkd

    Answer this

    hey, i want to know can i play assassins creed 3 on high/normal settings if i have: motherboard g41m p26 cpu dualcore e5700 2gb ram dd3 gpu hd 7770 thanks
  15. M

    Gaming computer 1300$

    APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Soon, 2-3 weeks SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, and so it could be on for a night PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Not sure, I live in Iceland so I use the site Computer.is and its my most preffered one. PARTS PREFERENCES: Good parts, not a MSI...
  16. K

    $800 Gaming Build

    Well this is my first computer i'm going to build from scratch :D So here it is HDD http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136218 Optical Drive http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106265 OS http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116488...
  17. D

    How to remouve a picture from window xp desk

    I saved a picture from an e-mail and it appeared in the center of my XP desktop and whatever wallpaper I use the picture is in the center with no way to remove it. Any idea how???
  18. dasickninja

    "Core 2 Duo -- The Embarrassing Secrets"?

    Well, Scientia might be around here lurking, but the article he posted on his blog is kind of interesting to say the least. I think its a good read and a good way to exercise our powers of deduction and reasoning. with that said, please reply thoughtfully to the thread and leave the bashing out...
  19. O

    Which Motherboard and CPU should I get?

    Hey, hopefully this is the right place to post this. I ruined my old cpu, so far not being able to fix it, I'm now thinking of getting a newer CPU and Motherboard. First off though, if possibile I'd like to try to get my old one to work again. Here's the link to the thread I had at AMD forums-...
  20. alphaa10

    AMD K6 vs. P3

    How to compare processor power between the AMD K6 @300mhz and Intel Pentium 3 @866mhz? Bpth the K6-2 and P3 have a 256k L2 cache. Any rough guesses, that perhaps the P3 is about twice as fast as the K6? Are there any comparisons of processor power between the two CPUs at this site. (I have...
  21. A

    GTX 660Ti or GTX 670 @ 1200p?

    APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: This week USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, playing latest games at highest settings except for AA at max 4x CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: MSI GTX 275 Twin Frozr , Cooler Master 1000W OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: i7 930 @ 2.93GHZ, 6GB RAM, Gigabyte X58...
  22. N

    Next step in Troubleshooting

    Hi. Maybe you might remember my problem from before, its been a couple weeks since I posted (2 weeks to RMA my processor). I ordered these parts from Newegg: AMD Athlon 64 3700+ ASUS A8N5X 2x512mb Corsair XMS ATI x1900XT Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music Windows XP Home, SP2 500W Fortran Source...
  23. 9-inch

    AMD SET TO OFFER ENERGY EFFICIENT PROCESSORS

    So says XbitLabs: http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display/20060322212457.html Really impressive. :D
  24. sandmannight

    Opteron System-Compatiable?

    Well I was thinking about getting this system Motherboard:http: //www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813136152 Cpu:http: //www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16819103588 Graphics:http: //www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16814130281 RAM:http...
  25. johnnyinternet

    just so you know...

    who's doing the damage. well it's me. today at work, staples, i sold a total of 6 nVidia 5700 agp's. i know it was wrong to tell the folks they would do the trick and all but deep down inside i kinda enjoyed it. oh yah and they are all $199. i am a waste of skin its true.
  26. G

    ???HELP???

    I have built a new computer a couple of months ago using Athlon XP 2000+ and Soyo Dragon Lite mobo. After working flawlessly for two months, the computer went caput. Everytime I turn it on, it goes back and forth reading the drives on it and that's it (no video, no sound, no beeps!) I reset...
  27. S

    ddr differences

    Is there any REAL differences between ddr quality? Broker Standard Precision Thanks. Man's greatest Mistery is Himself.
  28. P

    Pre-Order Check and Recommendations

    Okay, I've been going back and forth and back and forth and thought it was time to get some other opinions. I'm building a new system for some gaming and lots of photoshop editing and processing. This is what I have come up with and could use any suggestions concerning recommended psu wattage...
  29. P

    In 1 gb ram how many gb hdd i can install

    hi i have 1 gb ram & 40 gb hdd so how many hdd i can more increase in my system reply me thanks Prakash
  30. Z

    Plasma vs LCD

    I'm looking at getting a new monitor for gaming and I'm not sure if its better to go with a plasma monitor or a LCD. A lot of people seem to use LCDs for computer gaming so I was just curious if there was a significant advantage. I have found a 42 inch plasma monitor for 500...
  31. H

    Gateway 7325 Overheating problem

    I have a Gateway 7325GZ laptop that is chronically overheating and shutting down. I purchased a cooling pad but that doesn't even really help the problem either. I'm pretty sure that both fans are working, but I've been told the heatsink sometimes isn't seated properly and that could be the...
  32. E

    How many times I can refill?

    I have Mimaki JV33-260 printer how many time can I refill my cartridges?
  33. V

    NEC Display Solution 70GX2

    Hi all, I'm in the market for a new monitor. I came across this on on Newegg and it seems really nice, almost too nice. I was wondering if anyone's had any experiance with this monitor? I'd be using it for mostly games and video, plus everyday 'puter stuff. Any advice would be greatly...
  34. G

    print very light despite full toner cartridge

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) My HP LaserJet 1100 is 4 years old but has printed only occasionally and low volume. The toner cartridge is new. Problem: print is very light, almost invisible. I have opened the printer and cleaned the fuser. It looked clean anyway and...
  35. O

    Big red line - WTF???

    OK so I don't know much about LCDs and I'd need some help. I've got a Sharp LLT19D1 monitor and today a red vertical line stretching from the top to the bottom of the screen has appeared. What should I do? Does that mean that my monitor has to be replaced? thx By learning the teachings of...
  36. A

    CD drive will read startup disk but nothing else.

    My girlfriend's laptop--Alienware, Vista 32--is about two years old. Recently the CD drive simply quit reading CDs or DVDs. Once the disk is inserted the drive spins up and continues to spin off and on for about 30 seconds before stopping. Attempting to read the drive afterward (e.g., via...
  37. benikens

    6970 1080p underscan

    For some reason in certain games like company of heroes my graphics card is underscanning. It was doing this in windows when i first set it up then i changed the setting in catalyst control centre to push it back to the full size of the monitor, but it's still happening in games. I have the...
  38. D

    E6600 + Striker Extreme Overclock

    Hello all I was thinking of upgrading my computer awhile back, but someone mentioned to try and fill it up with more RAM and overclock the CPU to get a boost to save me some cash right now. Ive got a E6600 (1.2 Core Voltage) and a ASUS Striker Extreme (1901 BIOS Ver) Corsair 2GB CM2X-1024...
  39. G

    Connecting my laptop to a digital receiver

    I am trying to play music from my laptop thru a aiwa av-d30 receiver,am getting no sound is their a trick??
  40. J

    System error 66

    Hello, I have a window batch file to print to text instead print through LPT port. The devcon disable the LPT port and force DOS to print into a TXT file. This BAT works nicely in another computer; but when I tried to use it in my computer the system error 66 appears. Please what should I do...