Qosmio

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Qosmio.
  1. 1

    Trying to rebuild/upgrade my system, HELP?

    Hello, I'm kind of a green horn when it comes to computers. I have a gigabyte GA-M55plus-S3G motherboard and AMD2 CPU that is kind of fried( I'm reasonably sure of this since it doesn't post), anyway, I tried to wipe and reload windows XP when it seemed to be acting up and got the blue screen...
  2. G

    Which Cat5e cable to get?

    Hello, Will be running cable from modem directly into my desktop, instead of going the wireless route. My question is, which cat5e do I need to get? My modem is wireless (not sure of the model #, but is NETGEAR brand provided by time warner cable. I plan to purchase a 30 foot long cable as my...
  3. A

    CD rom drive sharing over network

    Hello, How could i share a CD ROM drive over LAN
  4. C

    HELP CPU UPGRADE FOR MY ASUS A8N-SLI PREMIUM

    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF I CAN UPGRADE MY CPU WITH AN INTEL, I HAVE THE ASUS A8N-SLI PREMIUM AND THE AMD Athlon(tm) 64 FX-53 Processor (2412 MHz). I WOULD LIKE TO UPGRADE SOME THING BETTER FOR HD VIDEO EDITING. PLEASE HELP. THANKS. PLEASE NAME 3.
  5. M

    Router or Repeater?

    Situation: -Wifi needed on three floors, signal is often weak or sporadic on second and third floor. -Router located on lowest floor, repositioning not an option Current router: Verizon 327W I have Ethernet ports wired to the second and third floor. should i purchase a better router, or a wifi...
  6. B

    Audio system is usb better?

    I have basic understanding of many things computer wise. I am building a new computer and because I need a new one I have a very old system and haven’t built a computer since 1999. I have most of my parts earmarked at least the parts I am considering at the moment. The biggest thing for me is...
  7. M

    Help me understand relationship between router, switch, and server

    Okay, so I am very familiar with the standard router set up, and I get the whole purpose and function of a switch. So I know the basic, but what I am unclear on is the set up/configuration methods used when there is a switch involved. To better explain myself, at my work we have a wired...
  8. D

    Which ADSL router to replace my rusty Speedtouch 510?

    I am finally getting around to replacing my rusty old wired-only Speedtouch 510 as my line has migrated over to ADSL2+ and the poor ST510 just can't cope with the speed. Thus, I am looking for a router with the following features: ***ADSL 2+ compliant ***4-port wired LAN switch ***Ability to...
  9. M

    Huge FPS drop

    Hello, I've been getting FPS drops with my new Asus Direct CU II 7870 with pretty much any game I play. I can play at about 60 FPS on BF3 then randomly drops to 15-20 FPS for about 10 seconds then goes back up to 60. This actually happened to my old card,the HIS 6850, but then it stopped. Could...
  10. K

    I m unable to open a website from my pc but able to open other websites

    i m using bsnl gprs from last 3 dy i m unable to open my website i hv done some changes DNS system but only website on a particular ip not opening ..
  11. M

    Lost password

    I had set my host computer to remember password a couple of years ago and now I have set up a network. I am trying to share files, printer, etc...etc..., but in order to do so I have to know the password for the host computer. Is there any way to bypass this or to reset my password? Any...
  12. V

    Ati Radeon hd 4850

    I wana Upgrade my Graphic Card to Ati Radeon 4850 i have 350w PSU will 4850 Run fine in that or i buy better PSU for it. Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.0 | Intel Desktop Board Dg31gl | Twinmoss 4GB | Nvidia 8400gs | WD Caviar Green 1 TB |
  13. phipsi32

    Dasiy Chain Switches vs. Cascading Routers

    Howdy folks. I have a wired home network with a structured wiring panel. I currently have a cable modem connected to a Linksys wireless router (WRT610N) connected to a Netgear 8port switch. The switch is supporting all the LAN cables. I have a total of seven (7) ethernet ports but no more...
  14. G

    Hoe to recover usb ntfs to fat32

    i have convert the usb fat32 to ntfs but my 16gb pendrive convert 68.8 so recovery to 16gb please helpme
  15. T

    A8N5x HD install problem

    Hello to all. I have a prob that I hope I can get an answer to here. My wife just got a new computer so I inherited her old one. It has an ASUS A8N5X MoBo. It has a WD80 HD in it. My old pc has a WD250HD. I took the 250 and put it in with the 80. The PC won't recognize either HD with the 250...
  16. T

    Best motherboard?

    what's the best motherboard for an amd dual-core x2 64 4600, and what's the best for a intel duo e6600. I had prefer the lower the price the better (anyone know of any good deals online) but also i don't want the crappiest one out. Quality but not too expensive (thinking bout 100$)
  17. R

    Need to password computer on network

    I have a computer running xp pro. It is connected to a wireless router but is not connected wirelessly it is plugged in. I don't have a wireless card for this box yet. Some computers in this house (3) are connected wireless and this one and one other are plugged into the wireless router. I need...
  18. D

    BEFSR41W- RN

    Hey guys i bought this pos BEFSR41W- RN the other day not knowing its for ricochet is there a way to erase what firmware is on this thing and put BEFSR41W firware back on it. if not is it possiable to turn this into a switch to switch two pcs to get online or is that not possiable thanks guys...
  19. B

    Traffic model to be used for IP packet networks

    Can someone help me with this? I need to find theoretical/ mathematical / easy traffic models used for IP data traffic. I need to know study the traffic form a network and get an result about the bandwidth that is needed. Meaning that if it mus get a bigger bandwidth or it can work with a lower...
  20. D

    Slow internet page loading and irratic download speeds.

    My isp is cox.First i had low power levels,-15 downstream,48 upstream.They finally got my power levels respectable.Now my internet pages load slow,sometimes saying"page cannot load".My download speeds are all over the place.Sometimes i get 9MB download sometimes i get 2MB.I know about using...
  21. BruceMyers48

    WHat The!!!!!!

    Using road runner I can't connect even though It says connected at 100mbps. When I go to the command prompt in XP and type in ipconfig/release it cuts my connection to 10 mbps.I have turned off the fire wall"SP2" and tried making a new connection.I have it detecting the setting automatic.It just...
  22. L

    For Sell Brand New Pioneer cdj 200 player ....$150usd

    Hi, I am Linkon Das from bangladesh. i want to buy Brand New Pioneer cdj 200 player ....$150usd. How can i will buy this player..Please help me.
  23. bey0nd

    Gpu ram

    i am shopping for a graphic card(s) i want to know how much ram i will need in my gpu (2 or 4 gigs) if i am running games like battlefield on 3 1080p moniters
  24. G

    What's The Concensus On The NetVeda And Jetico Personal Fi..

    Archived from groups: comp.security.firewalls (More info?) I'm getting bored with ZA and am curious as to what the group thinks of these two products. If there's better freeware out there then by all means chime in. Cheers!
  25. A

    BF3 CPU Spikes

    Hey, I'm getting weird cpu spikes that seem rather constant throughout the game (every 2-3 seconds), which causes the game to microstutter. I tried formatting the hdd, installing a fresh copy of windows 7 and only chrome, bf3 and an anti-virus (disabled during the game). Also defragmented the...
  26. M

    Linksys WRT54G

    Archived from groups: comp.dcom.vpn (More info?) Is anybody actually using "VPN-pass-through" (L2TP or PPTP) through a Linksys WRT54G (on the client end)? If so, how? Linksys' firmware or third-party? I know Linksys *claims* to support VPN pass-through, but I haven't been able to make it...
  27. G

    SLI problem

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) Howdy, I purchased an A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard and dual ASUS N6600GTs and am running on WinXPPro (SP2 since last night). I have set the EZ selector card, installed both gfx cards, plugged in the SLI connector and the EZ...
  28. G

    Intel Chipset Graphics

    My son and I are building a PC this summer. In deciding on a mobo/cpu/chipset arrangement, I'm confused by the purpose of the graphics capabilities of some Intel chipsets (those with the "G" after their number such as the 945G). Since mobos don't have a video out port anymore, but must use a...
  29. K

    MN-100 help me please.

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?) I have the Microsoft Wired 10/100 MN-100 Ethernet router and i was trying to update the firmware on it. I manually downloaded the update and begin the update wizard but when it gets to the part where it searches for...
  30. D

    Linksys Router BEFSX41 & WRT54G Outdated?

    I am running windows 7 both on my laptop and desktop. I was wondering if it would be necessary to upgrade my routers? Do they still have the same security since I have the latest firmware? Thank you!
  31. D

    MN-710 locks up my Win 98SE computer

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?) I just set up the mn-710 on my Compaq 450mHz win98se machine and was able to intermittently hook up with my D- link router, but it seems that the 710 keeps continually updating the connection until my computer freezes...
  32. S

    Remote Desktop

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?) I have a microsoft broadband wireless router and I wnat to use remote desktop from work but I cannot connect to my home comupter, even from another comupter at home on the same workgoup. Can anyone help? email me...
  33. M

    198$ 8800gt 512mb

    http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=26781&promoid=1088 regular price is good but add on the mail in rebate and OMG. happy buying
  34. J

    I'm looking at AT&T CallAvantage, any pro or con's with th..

    Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?) Hi, I'm looking at getting AT&T CallAvantage, business package. Would like to hear any experiences, pro's and con's with them. Thank you, jt
  35. S

    Can i hook dvi cable for the monitor to hdmi tv

    can i hook dvi cable for the monitor to hdmi tv
  36. C

    MN 700 - Resets needed often

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?) Hey~ Anyone out there seen similar issues where they have to "reset" the MN700 often to get internet activity back? Basically, IP address is assigned but no machine on the LAN or Wireless can access internet content...
  37. G

    Ethernet / ethereal ?

    Archived from groups: comp.dcom.lans.ethernet (More info?) I was using a hotel network and was curious about what was out there so I brought up ethereal. I started a capture and could not see any traffic. I was just curious about why? Is there something different about the way they have...
  38. G

    One station shares, other doesnt

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?) I have 2 computers running xp pro. I can only share resources from one computer, when trying to share from the other it says I do not have permision though I HAVE DESGINATED SHARED FOLDERS on it. What can I do?
  39. K

    MN-510 wireless usb adapter logon?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?) What is the passwd for the MN510 configuration utility? I have a prompt to log on to http://192.168.1.1 but no pword. 'admin' does not work! Any help is appreciated, thanks! Kurt
  40. G

    active desktop

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) Further to my previous question regarding why my active desktop disappears and the screen goes black when closing down windows within explorer.A posted reply suggested spyware or malware.Can I emphasise that this problem...