Round-Up

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Round-Up.
  1. grimelewis

    Windows 7+RC+userinit logon app failure

    I'm working on this one customer's PC, it's an emachine, with release candidate on it. I knew there was some viruses on it, so I tried booting into safe mode, and when I logged in I got an error message saying Userinit logon app failure, that and the desktop didn't show up, that's when I thought...
  2. S

    Why power button on dell v305 isnt working

    Hello, THE POWER CORD SHOWS A GREEN LIGHT BUT THE PRINTER POWER BUTTON ITSELF DOERS NOT WORK OR LIGHT UP AT ALL...NOTHING HAPPENS
  3. P

    Need advice choosing a case

    I am looking for a pc case and i was wondering which are better, the ones i was looking were: ASUS TA range and coolermasters elite 334. My budget for the case is quite low (less than £40) so i want to squeze the most of it, maybe someone can suggest better alternatives than the ones i was...
  4. W

    What's Private Lable Processors? i7 for $199

    being sold at microcenter... No fan and heatsink ? http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0302727 The price is substantially lower than other merchants
  5. M

    Internal Graphics Card vs. Dedicated Graphics Card

    Hello. We are in the market to buy a new computer. We aren't gamers. But at the same time we want the best HD quality television and movies we can get that is clear and not jumpy when fast action appears in the movie. My budget is as cheap as I can. We really just want a great HD quality...
  6. T

    Data loss on shut-down

    Hello, I hope someone can help me! Currently, when I shut down, I lose any changes and upon boot, it says the system did not shutdown properly and that there was data loss. I'm using a vertex LE 100gb solid state drive and running windows 7 trial.
  7. C

    Has my laptop crashed?

    Hello, Today when I got on my laptop everything was fine. Logging in was normal until I noticed that my icon's on my desktop on my screen were not showing up. I tried to click the right button of my mouse but it was not working. A few seconds afterwards a message showed up saying that internet...
  8. W

    Gigabyte rebate asks for original model/serial # label?

    How do i get the original model and seral number sticker off the box if it is glued so tightly onto the box? I want this $20 rebate and I know companies try to jip you out of your rebate for every little thing. Thanks
  9. area61

    hd4850 is on sale in malaysia

    http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/235024 check the second post its RM 820>>>>>>USD 24X.00 its under $250. :bounce: :bounce:
  10. G

    Storing camera in the trunk of the car

    Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?) The operating temperature of the D70s ranges from 32*-104*F. If I am out shooting and I wanted to stash my rig, two lenses and the D70s, in my trunk, how long can I comfortably leave the stuff in there if it is roughly 80*-85*F outside...
  11. A

    Gaming Headphones

    Hi, So I want to spend a bit more to get some headphones for gaming. I have done some research and I am stuck choosing between Logitec's g930 virtual 7.1 headset for £105 and the Sennheiser HD 598 which are £199. Basically I want earphones which will give me the best gaming experience. I am...
  12. D

    Switching displays between Quadro & GTX - long term risks?

    Hi, I have a system with a Quadro 2000 & GTX 670. Being in the top PCIe slot, the Quadro is the primary display device. The system is connected to a dual-monitor setup (2 monitors in total, shared by the two cards). It runs one W7 installation with the GeForce 306.23 driver. The Quadro 2000 is...
  13. O

    Movie Review: Dungeons and Dragons 2: The Elemental Might ..

    Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?) First, a little speech from the soapbox: I've been on the internet since 1988, before there was the "world wide web" and have been a part of online D&D discussions through the original usenet and listserv systems. Back when there was...
  14. E

    confused about 1gb vga cards

    hi everyone, lately i've been confused about vga cards that have 1gb gddr3 specificly speaking of R600 hd2900xt ..why isnt this card mentioned here at all? i mean, i read that it's "almost good as 8800 gtx", how is it possible? how can a card that has 1gb of memory and a bus of 512bit be less...
  15. D

    intel not compactible? :roll:

    at work, nothing to do, so foundling with the computer i wanted to try intel thermal analysis tool installs ok, but when i try to run it, it tells me: wrong type of CPU? how about that ****? the computer is a dell: this is the data from everest: intel pentium 4 2266Mhz (northwood) motherboard...
  16. W

    $750-$850 build. Would like opinions before moving forward

    Hey everyone, I plan on building an entry level gaming rig next month, and wanted some opinions on what I've come up with. I have a little beginner build at the moment, have an inspiron 531 and threw in what I could which wasn't much, and now I'm ready to move on and get something a little more...
  17. P

    Video Card Upgrade ?

    Im looking at newegg and can get a 7800 gt for 130 but i see that next month they are releasing the 8600 series cards and dont know if i should go with the 7800 or hold back till the 8600 cards are released. here is the link for the 7800 gt...
  18. G

    Smoush Emoush! And, A Taste of Time

    Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?) Guilds, no less than individual characters, gain strength through grinding. For individuals, grinding is done against trash mobs, dark blue done solo, or yellow/white in groups, done in quantity over long periods, preferably at camps where...
  19. K

    Help for low profile HDTV card, How is VBox Cats Eye?

    Hi all, I am building a HTPC. The case only support low profile extension card. I have PCI / PCIE 1x / PCIE 16x available. The motherboard has integrated graphics, so I am planning to get a HDTV tuner. 1) Do you have suggestion for a low profile HDTV tuner? 2) Also, does WinTV-HVR-950 make...
  20. A

    HELP! System not working

    We put all the parts together for the computer I bought and it isn't working. It powers on, the fans turn, et. but there's no beep of any kind, no video displayed to the monitor, nothing. It just powers on to move the fans and that's it.
  21. B

    8800 Prices

    Anyone know what prices the new cards are going to hit the streets at? I bought a 7600 in anticipation of the new cards so I will probably buy one very early on. Any ideas? Thanks
  22. T

    i was thinking on getting the cooler master hyper 212 eve! help!

    like the title says I'm gonna be getting the cooler master hyper 212 evo. on my motherboard i have 3, 4 pin connectors... do you think this fan will be compatible? (i also have enough room in my case to house it)
  23. C

    Next Upgrade. Is it worth it?

    Current System- CPU-AMD Athlon 64 +3700 2.4ghz 1mb cache-socket 754 Ram- Ultra 1gig ddr400 PC3200 Graphics- Nvidia Geforce 6600 GT 128mb ddr3-500mhz core 1140mhz memory PSU- Ulta v-series 500 watt- not SLI certified Case- Ultra windowed, mid T, UV, steel. Mobo-peice of shit- machspeed micro ATX...
  24. G

    BSOD troubleshooting help

    I got a BSOD today with the parameters 0x000000fe (0x0000000000000008, 0x0000000000000006, 0x0000000000000006, 0xfffffa8008fa7160). This is the first blue screen that I've seen, but I get the feeling it's not the first one my computer has had. I've come back to it at times after leaving it for...
  25. G

    HP Pavilion System Locked Pre-installation (SLP)

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?) Hello, I've fried the motherboard and cpu on my HP Pavilion 710 I'm getting a new m'board and cpu but I've discovered that HP machines use the System Locked Pre-Installation 'feature' whereby in the HP Factory the copy of Windows XP...
  26. M

    [SOLVED] Change administrator name and pass word of my macbook pro

    how can change my administrator name and password of my macbook
  27. J

    Montoring Bandwidth of Computers Connected to Linksys Router

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) Does anyone know of any software that would allow me to monitor the bandwidth of IPs of a couple of computers behind my linksys wireless router? Any ideas/suggestions.... Thanks! John
  28. G

    [SOLVED] Usb ports not working

    trying to install 3in1 printer on new computer. installs all the way to end then says it can't find usb
  29. T

    Re-installing 98

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) I've an old PC that needs the system re-installing. Don't have the original cds, but have a version of 98. Do I need a Startup disk, if I want to wipe the old system off, and re-install a new system. Or is there some sort of command...
  30. G

    unrecognized pci device on optiplex gx400

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) Hi, I have just reinstalled windows 2000 workstation on an optiplex gx400. I don't have any of the disks that came with the machine. I had to download a driver for the onboard sound from the dell web site but apart from that everything...
  31. J

    WTB Socket 775 Motherboard

    I'm trying to repair my sister's computer that had the motherboard die. Since I still have a good CPU, power supply and RAM I'm looking for something that fits the following requirements. Socket 775 4x DDR2 slots I've been given a $50 budget to try to find something. If anyone has something...
  32. noorerino

    GTX 560 Ti with 500w psu

    Hi, I have a 500w cooler master psu which has two 12v rails at 18amps each. Will it still power my pc if i throw in a gtx 560 ti 384 cuda cores ? Specs : 8gb 800mhz ddr2 kingston ram intel c2q Q8200 2.33ghz ( 95w ) basic LGA775 asus motherboard 2 120mm...
  33. JMcEntegart

    Xbox One Teardown as Console Arrives in New Zealand

    Let's take a peek inside the Xbox One! Xbox One Teardown as Console Arrives in New Zealand : Read more
  34. T

    PC turns off then when i turn on

    Didn't know where to put this question, but if someone can tell me where the right place would be that would be great! This has happen twice Ill turn my computer on at night, it'll be running fine but nothing shows up on the screen, then it'll just turn off. Then i turn it on again and...
  35. B

    r9 290 is good for 1080p games

    is good r9 290 no x is good for 1080p or r280x oc for 1080p
  36. M

    CPU gaming build

    Hey guys, I am wondering if this build would be any good to run games such as battlefield 4 or guild wars 2 and maybe even skyrim? :D Intel Core i3-3220 processor Asus GTX 650TI graphics card 3x 4gb RAM sticks ASRock B75 PRO3-M motherboard 150Gb HDD and 100Gb SSD Ay suggestion would be great :D
  37. cdpage

    Looking for advice on an Upgrade

    I am considering Upgrading my machine from what i have now(look below) to something with HT probably a 2.6ish I was going to sell all the parts that would have to go to a friend. BTW this would be likely sometime in september. This means changing my: MoBo - (please suggest a board if...
  38. I

    GIGABYTE BIOS HELP!

    hi guyzz.... i have a system with GA-VM900m (rev.2) motherboard with a Pentium 4 505J 2.66Ghz..... well....one day i was trying to update the Video Bios by extracting it from the Main Bios of the mobo and replacing it with another one ( I actually have no idea why i did that!!!...) :D...
  39. M

    8 gigs of 1600 vs 6 gigs of 1333 should i upgrade?

    hi my system is a gtx 670 reference card with no overclock. i have a core i5 2500k overclocked to 4.5ghz under water and 750 watt psu and windows 7 64 bit. as title says would the upgrade be worth it.
  40. G

    HP PSC 1210

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?) I recently purchased a new HP PSC 1210 all-in-one printer/scanner/copier and installed it on a Windows XP Pro PC. I installed the software as outlined. All works fine except when I open HP Director, there is only an option for help or...