Round-Up

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Round-Up.
  1. S

    Windows 8 black screen with mouse pointer after login

    Hi there, I have been struggling to get into win 8 as when I login the screen goes blank and I just have a mouse pointer, I am able to ctrl+alt+del to get to task manager but is crashes as soon as I use it. I have tryed to do the refresh from the install cd to no avail. I...
  2. G

    Proof marketers are not catering to enthusiasts

    Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?) But instead to the average consumer when it comes to cameras of all types. This is a blurb from dpreview about the new Fuji "prosumer." http://www.dpreview.com/news/0507/05072803fuji_s9000z.asp "Fuji has today announced what it...
  3. S

    my web cam is not working properly

    i have web cam but it is not working.before it was working when i brought ,now it have stop working i dont know why. please help me out of this
  4. D

    restore to factory default

    i went from windows 8 to 8.1 i wish to return to factory default but when i try i get hard disk configuration is not set to factory default can i get a disk to remedy this
  5. G

    Computer Prob

    Let me start by saying that I have many people sharing this same computer. When I power it up it will not even go to the post screen. It just says override in a blue box in the center of screen. When I try to reset it starts to beep. Anyone wanna help me out?
  6. R

    I got a graphics card and now my computer will not start up

    I recently purchased a r9 270x and installed it myself in computer. At first it worked fine and I was able to install drivers and all that I needed to for the card. But once I restarted the computer, it would boot up but after it said that windows is loading, it would just go black. Sometimes...
  7. T

    OEM vs Retail XP

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?) I have just noticed that my new local build Desktop's version of XP is a lot different than the GW OEM version of XP on my 450 Laptop. The GW OEM version has a lot of stuff in the root directory that I have grown to accept as...
  8. S

    Webcam is not working...

    Hello, I recently updated my OS to Windows 8 on my hp g6 1315-tu notebook.The webcam doesn't work anymore.The drivers don't seem to b e available on the hp site and nor is the webcam listed in the device manager(there are no imaging devices at all). How do I fix this?
  9. C

    Need comments for medium Gaming PC build

    Hello this build is for Gaming, I would like to keep the price around where it is, Please feel free to make suggestions http://pcpartpicker.com/p/26bvF
  10. viveknayyar007

    How To Use A SRT File In VLC Player

    While watching a video or a movie on VLC Player, sometimes you face a problem in understanding as to what is being said. One of the biggest reason for this problem can be language barrier. Well, the only solution to this problem is Subtitles. It is common that while watching a video or a movie...
  11. Y

    Finding a Video game to the melody of this song...

    Self Destruct by Pegboard Nerds is the song that i found, at around 25seconds the melody starts before being remixed. This melody is found in what i remember a rather legendary game from my childhood ( everything was better then ...) but anyway. Can anyone help me find this stinking game...
  12. T

    HD 7870 GHz edition

    I'm planning to get the HD 7870 GHz edition in my budget build and I was wondering if it's a card that will run next-gen games well and smoothly. Games like battlefield 4. Thanks.
  13. F

    temporarily power a SATA HD off a different pc?

    I have a "clicking" hard drive. obviously, I want to copy the contents to a different drive, before it is completely dead. Problem: it is a storage only drive (no operating system on it), and the MB only has 2 SATA connectors. - one to the boot drive, one to the "storage" HD. I have no idea if I...
  14. L

    my official gaming rig??

    so far this is what i've come up with for my gaming rig. amd vishera fx 6300 Asus m5a99x evo r2.0 Seasonic 520w M12II-520 80PLUS Bronze (Modular) Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Palit gtx770 jetstream 24 inch monitor...
  15. B

    SSD wear - How to disable logging to $LogFile?

    Hey guys so scrambled up some money for a SSD, a TLC samsung evo one... since it's all I could afford. Concerned about its lifespan I used SSDReady to see how much writes my system makes and I noticed that about half of the data goes to "$LogFile", a file that belongs to the NTFS filesystem. The...
  16. J

    Recommended Overclock for i5 4670k with Noctua NH-D14?

    Hey everyone, So i've never overclocked before and plan on getting the i5 4670k and using the Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler. What would be the highest, but still safe, overclock speed I could run it at? Links: CPU...
  17. J

    Budget pc build, is this a good choice?

    Rather than spend £400 on the next xbox this year, i thought i'd build myself a new pc, primarily for games like Battle Field and Call of Duty, Here's what i've got; PSU:430W Corsair Builder Series CMPSU-430CXV2UK, 80%+ BRONZE Eff', Uncertified, Quiet Fan, ATX v2.3, PSU HDD;500GB Seagate...
  18. S

    DirectX 10 and 11 games lag miserably, any help would be amazing

    A while ago, my games just started lagging, even the company logo, to around 2 fps. I finally figured had my AHA! moment when I launched SR3 in DX9 instead of 10&11 and it ran without a hitch. But now I have a couple of new games (Assassin's Creed 4 and Battlefield 3) that don't run in DX9 (or...
  19. A

    some of the files are hidden urgent...

    in our server,778 gb is used and 72 gb is free.but the thing is that some of files are hidden.in the D drive some of big files not shown.but the space is utilized by this folder
  20. J

    No Display on monitor

    hello there, I got a problem like this my motherboard powers on but no any start up beep or no any view from the monitor too, then i plugged another Separate VGA card on pci express slot and still same problem is present. monitor, Processor , VGA card and rams are working fine. Hope i may read...
  21. A

    PC Restarting mainly when starting up games?

    Hi in the past 3 months my pc has started restarting. No blue screen just restarts,It only happens when ive been playing a game for about an hour or sometimes it restarts just as i start up the game. specs are as follows. AMD Bulldozer FX-4100 Motherboard- M5A97 LE 2.0 14GB DDR3 1333 500GB Sata...
  22. S

    Need help with compatibility :D

    Hey guys, I have always been an xbox gamer and recently have wanted to get into pc gaming. I'm looking into building a rig and know somewhat about hardware but could use some help before blowing money, I just need to know if what I have picked is compatible and what else I should buy that would...
  23. I

    Core i3 2120 vs 3240. Does it even matter which I choose?

    Hi, Building a low-medium computer and I have to choose from: 2120 on a ASRock H61M-PS4. or 3240 on a ASRock P75 Pro3. In any case, the GFX will be a AMD HD-7850. When talking about gaming, will it matter what CPU/MB I choose? Or is the difference theoretical... Thanks. -- ITemplate
  24. S

    GA-Z87X-UD5H CPU, Graphics, Memory Overclock

    Hello, it's been a while since I've built a computer from scratch. My most recent build was designed to be a hackintosh. I have both Windows 7 and Mavericks installed on a dual boot. I was wondering if someone could give me some starting information on overclocking the CPU, memory and graphics...
  25. A

    HP LaserJet Professional P1600 Printer is sqeaking when printing

    I have a three month old HP LaserJet provessional P1600 Printer and it has worked great - now all of a sudden it squeaks everytime I print something - Help!
  26. G

    Why e machines D4362 bootup

    Hello, why don't it bootup
  27. N

    Duel Monitor GForce4?

    Hello all.. This is my first post and I know it will be kind of a knob question but here we go. I am thinking of getting a Gforce 4Ti 4600 card. I know it comes with 2 monitor outputs. 1 DVI and 1 VGA My questions are as follows. 1) Can I run duel monitors of this card with a DVI -> VGA...
  28. T

    Im torn between 1440p and 1080p at 140hz

    which of these 2 options would produce the better quality but also maintaining a steady yet high FPS in higher end games. right now im using a 1080p 60hz monitor and just about everything i throw at it in ultra with a steady 60 fps. Specs as followed: CPU: AMD FX-8350 black edition GPU: R9...
  29. A

    How to install window 7 over ssd with window 8

    Hello, as title said, I currently have Window 8 Pro installed on a brand new SSD. I did not like it much due to the lack of driver availability. I would love to go back to Window 7 Pro. I cannot do the run CD in Window method (Installation is cancel due to error 0x0) Tried to use Secure...
  30. DarkSable

    Best LAN monitor?

    Hey there Tom's! So, I have a beast of a rig, that I'm not going to be upgrading for a while. (Likely when DDR 4 dual channel is implemented.) However, it's a mid-tower rig. That's fine when in my dorm, but I tend to take it home / to LAN parties a lot. My next rig will for sure be mATX or ITX...