SCSI

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with SCSI.
  1. S

    Bastard of a Virus

    Hello , I have a virus on my computer that has disabled all security tools i had and have tried installing. Including: AVG 2015 , Malware bytes , Bit defender , any reputable anti rootkit software. I receive the message: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000279) unins000.exe...
  2. Han Xing

    Should I overclock ?

    Hi guys, my core i7 4790k is running at 4.00ghz my idle temp is 30-34c my gaming temp is at 52c max ( everything is maxed out in game ) is the temp too low ? should I overclock a bit ? srry for my Bad English
  3. D

    KHX1600C10D3B1/8G compatible with HX316C10FB/8 for Dual Channel?

    Both part numbers are for Kingston memory. I have KHX1600C10D3B1/8G (Kingston HyperX Blu) in my computer now, it defaults to 1333, but has timings and has been tested/rated at 1600. I am getting HX316C10FB/8 (Kingston HyperX Fury Black) with my i5-4690k and MSI z97-gaming 5 motherboard. Both are...
  4. J

    Final spec for pc

    The spec - if you are wondering why I sliced the budget since the last its to get a headset, keyboard and games. GPU: gigabyte gtx 970 CPU: i7 4790k Motherboard: Asus maximus ranger vii Ram: 8gb HyperX beast ram dual channel PSU: cooler master gm750 Kingston ssd 128 1tb western digital...
  5. A

    Upgrade RAM question

    I have a Gateway 6800-01e. When I look up the max RAM it says I can use PC3-8500 so my question is could I put PC3-12800 in and it just run at the lower speed?
  6. M

    PC Freeze when running stock clocks

    Hi I am new to the forums and I recently build a new gaming PC with this components: AMD FX-8320 Asus M5A97 r2.0 8gb of kingston 4x2 gb 1333 1 tb WD blue AMD R9 290 Gigabyte 650w 80 bronze thermaltake Armor classic full tower with 220mm fan on the side pannel + 2x 120mm for Intake and exhaust...
  7. T

    help me please!

    my new hp pavillion 8gb laptop is so slow and i need help removing anything to speed it up please, can u tell me in simple terms what i can and cant remove and how to do it, thanks.
  8. K

    Minecraft Ram Problem

    I don't know if anyone can help but im on a computer with Intel i3-3220 3.30 Ghz 6GB ram 5.89 usable and when i try and set 2g dedicated ram to minecraft it gives the the java error btw its build in i think intel HD4000 graphics That might be wrong idk
  9. Jacob McIntosh

    At what point can users downvote a reply?

    I've seen a lot of replies that deserve to be downvoted, but I haven't been able to. I understand the reasons behind it, so that trolls don't just downvote everything, but is there a certain point, like the number of Best Answers, that you can start to downvote replies, or do you have to be a...
  10. Tibeardius

    q6600 vs fx 6100

    A friend of mine just gave me a computer that had been damaged while shipping. I figured out it was the motherboard that broke so now I can salvage a good chunk of the pc including the fx-6100 inside. I currently have a q6600. Would it be worth it to buy an AM3+ motherboard and use that or stick...
  11. exfileme

    Amazon Dash Keeps Shoppers From Leaving the House

    Here's a new scanner Amazon is testing. Amazon Dash Keeps Shoppers From Leaving the House : Read more
  12. G

    Computer boots and restarts infinitely

    Hello Forum I have just been building a new PC and after installing all of the parts and connecting all of the cables, when I start the computer the lights and fans turn on however, but nothing shows up on the screen and then after about 10 seconds the computer restarts and the same thing...
  13. W

    Blue screen after CPU upgrade

    I upgraded my CPU from the FX4100 to the FX8350 and everything runs fine until I go into one of my games like BF4 or Crysis 3, that's when the blue screen comes on but it does do it sometimes just surfing the web. My PC has the Asus M5A97 EVO Pro MB, EVGA GTX550ti, Corsair 650w PS, 16GB Corsair...
  14. F

    OC'ing i5-4670k - help is needed

    I bought an i5-4670k with a Asus Z87 motherboard. Anyways, can anyone tell me how to overclock it to 4 ghz? It starts with 3.40 ghz, so it can easily get up to 4 ghz with my aircooler, a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - that's what i've read on this site.
  15. J

    Very strange CPU Temperatures

    Hello, I just finished putting in a new 4770k cpu with an msi Z87 G45 motherboard and a Corsair H100i. I am very confused by the temp readings i'm getting from some of my core temperature readings using open hardware monitor. http://imgur.com/xJIghJx If you look at temperature #4 and #6 they...
  16. R

    How to unmark Drive as Primary, computer still not off.

    Hi, i have accidentally set a couple drives as primary partitions, then thought about the message it gave me, looked it up and realised this could become an issue. is cmd the only way to unmark the drive as a primary partition? because disk management doesn't seem to want to give me that option...
  17. S

    Gaming PC General Questions.

    Hey guys! So I finally saved enough (about $1200) for a gaming pc. However, I would like to find out a little bit more about the more technical aspects and terms of what i am buying exactly. So this is my first time building my own computer, thus, I have a lot of questions. I know that these...
  18. M

    Low cost cad/cam light gaming system help

    I'm looking for advice / help for purchasing or building a cad/cam desktop that's capable of mild gaming for low cost. Approximate Purchase Date: as soon as possible Budget Range: Low cost right now, I'd say 600-700 if possible System Usage from Most to Least Important: solidworks /...
  19. B

    3TB Drive Problem - I've Tried Everything, help!

    Ok - I have a 3TB drive I'm trying to configure in Windows 7 64 bit. I'm on a P6X58D Premium Board using Intel's ICH10R ports. I have it configured to a RAID array (using 2x 1TB WD black drives in RAID). I have the 3TB drive plugged into the ICH10R Sata Ports. It shows 746GB in the BIOS (Raid...
  20. G

    Is this a good gaming pc?

    So my budget is 3000 dollars, here are the components i know i ll be using for now: - Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Ti - Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Ti - Intel Core i7 4770K - Asus Maximus VI Extreme - Corsair H100i - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2X8GB) What PSU, SSD and HDD should i use?
  21. I

    Cpu temp reaching 90C at idle!

    Hey guys, as the title says, my pc reaches unto 90C at idle. This started to happen when i was playing a game and realised my fps was awful, at the time i thought that it may have been my graphics card messing up, but then my pc lost all power and refused to turn on. It would start for two...
  22. H

    Need to underclock my GPU to play BF4?

    Ok, so i can´t play Bf4 at all... I play it for about maximum of 30 minutes and then the typical Directx function "Getdeviceremoved" bla bla bla bullshit is popping up on my screen. I feel like i have tried everything now except underclocking my GPU, some people say that it might work. I do not...
  23. C

    For gaming ?

    Is this mobo ok for gaming ? - http://il.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4089#ov I have had it for a while with a i5 2500k installed. I have just got some money to beef up my pc going to spend most on the gpu and more ram and a mobo if need be so is this mobo ok or should I get a...
  24. Z

    Buying new PC - need help with parts

    I am buying a new PC and I've already selected the components, but I'm not all that familiar with computer hardware. I'd like some help here - did I choose well? I'm going to use the computer mostly for gaming, and other less intense functions (web browsing, schoolwork..). So here are the...
  25. C

    critical structure corruption Windows 8.1

    Hello Everyone, I got a laptop earlier this year that had windows 8 on it. Well I got a virus on it earlier this year on it. So I went ahead formatted to make sure I get rid of the virus on it. And put windows 8.1 on it. Well I keep getting this error code critical_structure_corruption...
  26. T

    Wireless Cutting Out with new computer

    Hello I recently got a new computer a desktop I used to use a laptop. In our house we have a Wired/wireless router and we have never had problems before i could connect to it wirelessly on my laptop and also directly plug it in with a ethernet cord and my Mom and I phones would be able to...
  27. C

    Windows Failimg After New Gaming Build

    Hey guys, yesterday I finally received the last few parts for my gaming PC build. Unfortunately, windows will now not start up at all. My motherboard, CPU, and RAM all get read properly, and I have connection to my monitor through my video card. BIOS will start up but when windows tried to...
  28. K

    Is my HD failing? Please help

    I currently have 3 hard drives in my main PC 2x 80gb WD JB 1x 120gb WD JB And in my server I have another 120 gb jb drive. I recently took apart my system because of some bad caps on my motherboard and noticed how truly loud the hard drives were when I put them into my server (it has less...
  29. F

    converting raids to regular hd setup

    Hi How do I convert two drives setup as raid 1 (mirrored) to a regular master/slave setup. ps. I want to retain the data/os in one of the drives (master) Thanks for the help, Adam
  30. G

    SD media: write-protect

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?) I have been using SD media for a digital camera for years and just recently I uploaded some photos after which my camera says my SD media card is write-locked! When I searched the camera menu, I could not find any way of...
  31. S

    dvd burning size?

    Howdy, I just purchased my first DVD Burner. It’s the Optorite DD0203. My question is when I burn DVD+RW 4.7GB DVDS. I can only burn up to 4500MB or 4.39GB. Is this normal? If so why not list the correct burning size and what is the lost 300mb used for? My burning Program is Nero 6.0.0.11. (I...
  32. J

    Partition Trouble!

    Help! I accidentally deleted the NTFS partition to my 60 GB hard drive! I made sure not to do anything after I accidentally deleted the partition (through the XP installation program). I've downloaded a few programs that claim to be able to repair it, but they turn around and try to charge an...
  33. J

    IDE cable - Am I using them the wrong way round?

    Hi, I have a WD SE 80Gb master Lite-On DVD drive slave MSI CDRW master Old Seagate 6.4Gb slave On boot up, it takes a long time to detect the drives - sometimes the POST stops because it did not detect a boot drive or something. I use 2 ATA 100 cables but for the primary channel, the one...
  34. J

    Gaming PC- Suggestion or advice building it.

    Hey, i'm new to the forum but so far i'm really liking it. I'm from Venezuela and i'm trying to build a new computer for gaming, and since i'm new at this i could use some help. Approximate Purchase Date: This or next month. Budget Range: (e.g.: 900-1200) Preferred Website(s) for Parts...
  35. O

    Building my first comp eeek . .0.o

    okay here it goes lol im building my first pc and i want to be able to play games on it, last remnant etc i been been reading a lot and i cant really make my mind up what to get. i was thinking maybe an MSI K9A Platinum motherboard for the ati crossfire and an AMD AM2 6000+.... i just don't...
  36. M

    Power calibration error

    I have been getting a power calibration error with my burner for some time and when it died totally I took it into the best buy where I have my warranty. Of course the "local's" knew nothing so they sent it away, two and a half weeks later I pick it up, they installed a whole new Philips cdd4851...
  37. F

    ISA SCSI Adaptor Cards

    What are the drawbacks of an ISA SCSI adaptor card, compared to the newer ones. I have a 7200 rpm, 4.5 GB SCSI drive coming to me. I also want to get a SCSI burner.
  38. A

    Mid end budget gaming cpu

    What could be a good mid end gaming processor? Here are my requirements: 1. $100 or less 2. Intel core 2 duo only 3. Stock fsb not exceeding 1333mhz 4. Lga 775 5. Low power consumption 6. Stock speed of 2.8 ghz or higher Budget here is really an issue. I have no plans on overclocking. I cannot...
  39. A

    hmmmm

    I'm trying to do a clean OS install. I partitioned and reformatted. I don't think the boot disk (tried win98se and winme) has the drivers for my generic 52x CD-ROM. I can't access my CD-ROM to install the OS. The OS cd is also not bootable. The info I can gather off the hardware itself is...
  40. G

    Problems with XP SP2 and IE

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) Hi, I hope someone can help me. I have been running XP Pro on my Toshiba Laptop for about 14 months now and no probs (XP is OEM). Just recentley I switched over to broadband in the hope of saving some time & money...