Soyo

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Soyo.
  1. M

    computer stuttering

    I've had an ongoing problem pretty much since i put the machine together. During normal usage (emailing, downloading etc) the computer will stutter. For 2 seconds or so the computer will act like its in a loop. Whatever sound might have been playing will act like its in a split second loop...
  2. I

    Need help on audio connectors!

    I'm in the middle of my first build and don't know how to connect the audio ports. I have an antec sonata 2 case and asus a8n-e mobo. The case comes with a "Intel standard 10-pin connector (with 7 indvidual wires with connectors)" and the mobo has a 4-pin CD, AUX. Am i connecting it to the...
  3. P

    P4P800 ram won't work, I think?

    I just downloaded the manual (.pdf) for the ASUS P4P800 (non-Deluxe) and found something that I didn't like. There Is a page with a table of ram that is compatible with the mobo and in what "modes" they are compatible in. 1)Single Channel 2)2 ram sticks in Dual Channel 3)4 ram sticks in Daul...
  4. H

    HI

    I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS THE MODAL NOMBER ?(VGN-CR35G) SERIEAL TAG NO -C1020HYT
  5. N

    Old MSI K9VGM-V Board not recognizing RAM

    I recently tried to upgrade the RAM in my computer from 2GB to 4GB. I purchased PNY 2GB PC2-6400 RAM x2 for the 2 slots available in my PC. I'm running a Windows Vista 32 bit OS. I know about the recognition of less than the 4GB on the OS and that it will only show or handle 3GB ish of ram...
  6. P

    Graphic card

    Hello, can i add more graphic card in my mini laptop
  7. N

    need advice on a motherboard

    i have an abit bp-6 dual socket 370 motherboard i have given up on, its been a PIMA the whole time i've had it, its constantly freezing up, BSOD's and you name it. I had two celeron 500's in it with an AGP 1x/2x 8 mb i740 video card and 256 mb pc-133 memory. other cards that were installed in...
  8. G

    The latest i-Thing

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?) http://www.electric-chicken.co.uk/itoilet.html Reasonably funny and somewhat relevant. -- Rgds, George Macdonald
  9. P

    Best Mobo

    Can anyone guide me on which motherboard to get ? which is the fastest (when not overclocked) board out there for P4 3.2 w HT. which is the best board with maximum stability when overclocked - ie good overclocking - not worried about the user friendliness of overclocking. Price around ~$200...
  10. S

    Drivers

    Hello, I have a hp photosmart 1115 and I can not find a driver for it for windowes 7
  11. H

    building new pc

    Hi, i want to build a new pc which means i need case, psu mobo etc and would like your help. i have a budget of 650-to 700 for a new pc i have screen n all that. its gonna b used for gaming so a good graphics card wud be nice. I also live in england so english prices. thanks in advance athlon...
  12. A

    What's wrong with Keith?

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?) Seriously folks. Is he always like this or what? He's going to be alright isn't he? I hope so. Get well soon Keith! AJ
  13. N

    USB Pen Drive Looses Drive Letter Until Reboot

    I recently purchased a 128MB USB Pen Drive, got a great deal through Ebay. No matter if I use this device on my laptop or on my desktop the first time I plug it in the computers identify the unit and assign it a drive letter. However after removing the pen drive and then connecting it back to...
  14. godbrother

    17" - Dual Core - PackardBell - 320GB Sata - 3GB RAM - Webcam - Vista

    Hi, I purchased this laptop from a friend who got it for his birthday 2 months ago, I really thought I'd see some what use from it but I failed. It just sits there doing nothing. The laptop is almost brand new, no scratchs... Nothing. Specs are as follows: CPU: AMD Athlon X2 1.9Ghz Dual-Core...
  15. builderbobftw

    Possible/Proable troll: ahmed_10

    Right. THis guy named "Ahmed_10" registers a brand new account, posts that he wants ot buy stuff in 15+ threads. I smell a troll. Just a heads up.
  16. A

    2nd class ram

    I have read an article that the bad RAM chips in production are sold as low class or grade C memory. How would i know if the memory that i bought is one of those? thanks!
  17. S

    upgrading mobo under win xp

    Hi everyone, in a couple months when nForce2 comes out, I'm going to want to upgrade my motherboard/ram. I've done this with some success under 98 by deleting a particular registry entry, perhaps something to do with local machine. In this day and age, I'm hoping I can do this type of upgrade...
  18. R

    [SOLVED] How to partition a mac

    Hello, :hello: how can i partition a mac pro book and have both mac osx and windows seven successfully installed on it.
  19. R

    How to use a unallocated hard drive.

    Hi all, I installed windows 7 on my new built pc, windows 7 is now stored on a 60 GB SSD. I have a HDD plugged in, I've found it in disk management, but how do i give it an allocation, like make it my /e drive and download games right onto it. Thanks
  20. T

    FF: Pole Position Cab in Fl........

    Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?) I have an upright Pole POsition cab if anybody is interested, no wiring harness or boards, no gas pedal, does have some odds and ends. Come and get it, I could possibly bring it to the...
  21. J

    Essential Computer

    Anyone deal with Essential Computer? Please let me know about your experiencies. They have good prices. Also looking for other vendor recommendations. Thanks.
  22. Spitfire_x86

    Weird problem, please help

    After running Windows for sometime, drag-drop doesn't work (in Windows explorer), can't scroll pages with keyboard in Internet Explorer, in MS Excel sometimes locked drag happens if I right click, no context menu if I right click office assistant (in all MS Office apps). This problem goes away...
  23. M

    BENCHMARKS

    Ok, Need some help Tweaking!!!! I just upgraded my system from:: A7V-133 978Mhz to A7V333 AMD 1900+ ATI Radeon 8500 Creative Audigy 512 DDR Ram 2.5CL Maxtor 80gig 133 And my problem is 3DMARK 2001 SE only Benched at 8610 My old System Benched at 6348 To me this doesn't make much sense, Any...
  24. S

    SSD with or without raid 0 HDD?

    well I'm thinking about getting an SDD and having 2-3 HDD in raid 0 for performance. Redundancy is something i don't worry about as I save most important work to a few external hdd, and I have an internal backup drive just in case. I work mainly with Adobe products like Photoshop, after effects...
  25. A

    Query "damaged" video card - see if you agree

    Hey guys. I recently purchased a gigabyte 8knxp motherboard. It was running fine for about 2 months with my old gf4ti4200 leadtech vivo. All of a sudden I got a bluescreen error on startup (as soon as windows xp logo apeared) and a stop error of 0x00000024 ntfs.sys. Thinking it was the...
  26. M

    which is faster?

    I have two sticks of 256mb Crucial pc2100 and 1 stick of 512mb pc2700 Corsair. will it be faster to have it in dual channel even though its only pc2100? I recently bought a shuttle SN45G with a FN45 nforce2 ultra 400. thanx for advice. AMD AXP 2200+ MSI KT3 Ultra Corsair DDR333 512MB Radeon...
  27. J

    Which MB? So many to choose from

    Ok, time to build a new computer. But, which motherboard to get? The CPU is going to be a P4 2.26 w/ 533 FSB. Motherboard Choices: Gigabyte GA-8IEXP w/ 512 Mb PC1066 Asus P4T533-C w/ 512 Mb PC1066 ABit IT7 Asus P4B-533E Gigabyte GA-8IEXP Intel D845EBT Well, what do you people think?
  28. B

    Case like a Mac G4

    The one thing that I really like about my fiancee's Mac G4 is the case. The motherboard is mounted on the side that swings down, while staying hinged to the box. So when you open the case the mobo is right in front of you and horizontal. Does anyone know of a PC case that functions that way...
  29. T

    P4 Motherboard Sug. Needed

    I recently showed a friend of mine an Athlon System that I had put together and he decided that he would like one too. The only problem is, he has a couple hudred thou in Intel stock, and wants a P4. So here's the call to arms for all you P4 fans, <b>if one of your best friends asked you to...
  30. B

    Upgrading, need some info before buying

    Heya folks, I'm upgrading my system, but I have a couple of questions so I can make an informed choice about components. I've pretty much decided to go with the P4/2.26GHz Northwood 512K 533FSB processor. I seriously considered AMD's Athlon, but I'm into system stability, and I've seen some...
  31. M

    DDR333 mem problems

    I sent the following email to both Asus and Kingmax 2 separate times last week and neither has responded: "Here are my system specs: Asus P4S333 motherboard Pentium 4 1.9GHz CPU Compro GeForce3 video card 1 Generic 256mb DDR 266 memory SB LIVE Windows XP Pro Asus iPanel The problem: I...
  32. P

    add 2GB (for 4GB) RAM? have 32-bit winXPhome, GA-MA69G-S3H board

    Hi all. I have 2GB of physical memory in my computer running Windows XP Home (32-bit). I'm quite frequently exceeding the 2GB (at least in the Page File info in Task Manager). Would it be a good idea to get another two 1GB modules (in a dual-channel kit) so I have 4GB? I'm aware of the <4GB...
  33. J

    A7V266 Processor question

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) Hi I just found out that my motherboard may support up to a 2400 Athlon XP. I'm a bit confused about exactly which chip will work though. According to the Asus website, I can put in an Athlon XP 2400+(model 8) (thoroughbred)...
  34. G

    Athlon Core

    Just a quick question...I know that you need the L1 bridges connected for successful OCing on an AMD Athlon. I was just wondering if AMD makes a chip that already has them connected.
  35. P

    Abit AT7 Boot and Audio problems

    Here we go. 1. I had LAN problems when I bought the baord two weeks ago. Turns out a production of 1000 boards had this problem, so I went back and got a new board. 2. LAN working fine, but I had NO audio what so ever. Active and passive speakers nor a headset provided me with sound. I have...
  36. J

    KT133E--- What is it???

    Seems there are some new boards out at very nice prices that support all sorts of goodies based in the kt133E chipset. Haven't heard of the (E) series- what is it and what does it do? My Jesus is whiter than your Jesus.
  37. G

    Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe - sata drive question

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) Purchased this board last week. Very happy with it but it is unclear to me if I can use just one sata drive with it alongside IDE drives ? I don't want to make use of the sata Raid facility yet until I have sufficient money to...
  38. D

    P4C800 Deluxe beta bios

    I need information on how to install the beta bios on this mb. I am trying to install the p4c800-1008.004 beta bios for the p4c800 deluxe. This is what I have tried, I am running WXPpro, so I created a bootable disk from windows. Copied afudos and the bios file to A and rebooted. At A prompt...
  39. G

    daewoo HELP

    Help me please i've searched the net all nite looking for the specs on a daewoo mobo it's a model CB581X-VI many thanks ken
  40. T

    Dell Inspiron 531S won't reconzie 2nd internal 500 gb WD hard drive

    Hello, I purchased a WD 500GB internal hard drive. I followed the instructions but the computer won't reconize it. When i go to setup at the powerup screen (F2) it is not listed there either.