Soyo

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Soyo.
  1. C

    Windows will not boot upon creation of 8 member RAID 5

    I have an adaptec 51245. I am running Win7 Pro 32-bit. I have 10 Hitachi 2TB drives (OF10452). Two are part of a RAID 1 connected to channel 0. The are two more connected to channel 0, four on channel 1 and two on channel 2. I want to run these 8 drives in a RAID 5. I can create the array...
  2. O

    New $1000 Gaming PC, How does it look?

    Hi Guys, I'm helping a friend build his first desktop. I've built computers before, so no issues there, but I'm not an expert on hardware. Here is the info. Approximate Purchase Date: Right away. Budget Range: As close to $1000+/- as possible. System Usage from Most to Least Important...
  3. super-smashman

    Memory overclock wont budge!

    I've had a lot of success overclocking the CPU in my system but I can't seem to get the RAM to overclock without making performance worse in games. It causes a visible stuttering without an actual drop in framerate in Battlefield 3. This is surprising to me considering I made sure to buy an...
  4. G

    A7N8X problem

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) Hi, I just bought an A7N8X with AMD 2200, Hynix 512 mb and a Diamond radeon 9200 agp8x card. After connecting everything up along with the hard disk I started the computer. The green LED on the motherboard comes on and cpu fan...
  5. S

    $2-300 23-24" Gaming Monitor

    Buying my first computer and I'm looking for a good monitor... without further ado here's the template thingy: Approximate Purchase Date: This week, or the next, hopefully. Budget Range: $200 - $300 AUD Monitor Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, surfing the net, watching videos...
  6. G

    Pentax Optio 430 problem

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?) Hi, After turn on my Optio 430 immediately shuts down again after the lens has come out fully and the camera made a strange noise. The Pentax service organisation thinks it is the zoom mechanism and if that is the case, they are...
  7. L

    Gaming Monitor HELP

    Hi, i want a gaming monitor, Either http://www.lg.com/uk/it-products/monitors/LG-led-monitor-W2486L.jsp or http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-049-AC what other alternatives you guys have? i want 2ms response time, fullhd, min rex 1920x1080 im not really familiar with...
  8. B

    How to do head allighnment in cannon printer

    ijust put the cartridge i my cannon mx 330 and its telling me to do head allighnment.what do i do
  9. C

    HD monitor at £100ish please.A

    As my title says.
  10. T

    Installing Epson DX8400

    Have recently obtained an Epson DX8400 all in one printer and have ha dproblems tring to install it. I've installed and drivers before connnecting the printer and when connecting it get the welcome to found new hardware wizard to install software foe USB2.0MFP. When trying to install the...
  11. B

    Microsoft Breeds Four Unique Mice

    The company reacts to regain some of its lead in the race through the rodent technology maze.
  12. M

    Viewsonic VX2025wm or Belinea 102030w

    Was wondering which one of these monitors you guys would suggest I buy, will mainly be used for gaming but also for watching films and general web-browsing etc. Was at first looking at 22" but I'l probably be sat a bit to close for it to be worth it. Anyways, which would you suggest? PS. Feel...
  13. T

    HDTV on lcd monitor

    I have an lcd monitor that I want to use to watch tv. I know I can buy a video card with a tv tuner with hdtv support or, theoretically, I could get a hdtv tuner and a cable that's vga or dvi on one end and has hd inputs on the other end and then use the remote from the tuner to change channels...
  14. G

    hp1315

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) jel moguce da ne podrzava dos? u windowsima normalno funkcionira, a u dosu ga ne mogu nac. jel postoji neki nacin da se to sredi il ga printer jednostavno ne podrzava?
  15. L

    The TRUTH about dye prints both Canon & Epson

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) The truth of the matter appears to be that the dye ink prints from ALL dye based inkjet printers will fade if they are abused,,, PERIOD. The problem seems to be that they dont get treated properly after printing. I have an on-going...
  16. G

    HP670 question

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Will not print. I have it set to print black only. Replaced the black cartridge. The color cartridge is empty. Does it require a color cartridge to print black only? Any suggestions? Bill
  17. R

    Will i965 work in the US?

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) A friend will be traveling to Europe within the next few days and I am wondering if the i965 will work here in the US. I realize that the power cord will be different, but if I replaced the i965 cord with the i960's....would this work...
  18. A

    Zero Dead Pixel Websites?

    So I'm in the market for an LCD monitor, and I'm pretty concerned about shelling out all this cash for a monitor with dead pixels. I'm almost certainly going to be buying online, so there's no way to try before I buy. I know some websites allegedly have a 'zero dead pixel' return policy...
  19. G

    need a 19" CRT

    Any suggestions for a good 19" CRT monitor, for game playing!
  20. S

    Hyundai Q17 vs Samsung 171p

    I'm trying to decide what would be better, a speedy monitor or a sleek looking monitor? I've read reviews and both monitors sound great. If anyone can help that would be great. =)
  21. R

    need a good printer

    can anybody recommend a good all around printer for under 200 bucks? the last time i bought a printer was about 5 years ago and it was a canon bjc-250!thanks.
  22. G

    Distortion on a Sony HMD-A200

    I'm running a year and a half old Sony HMD-A200 off a crappy 3Dfx Voodoo3 16MB PCI, which is on an Intel AL440LX/Pentium II @300MHz at a resolution of 1024x768, 16bit color. Unfortunately, and this isn't a new occurance, the left side has an irregular border, i.e. it's wavy. The right side seems...
  23. G

    Double Prints

    I have a Hp Laserjet 4P and Win 98 SE. Any print request processes 2 copies. Can someone help with this. thanks <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Bytor71 on 06/13/01 03:13 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
  24. Schlect

    Future heating issue?

    I just ordered my computer parts for my gaming and editing PC, but it never occurred to me that it might overheat on my carpet floor which I'm planning to set it on. Would it be beneficial to create a hollow platform for my computer to sit on so that it doesn't get hotter than it needs to? I...
  25. K

    CUSTOM PC

    Hi this is my first time posting here and i want to just see if there is anybody interested in buying a 4 month old custom pc. I'm selling because i want to upgrade to pci-e and have no money to do so. i am looking for $1000+ if possible here are the specs: case: Thermaltake Tsunami (black)...
  26. N

    Anyone know what is QM65 chipset?!??

    Hello, I'm planing to buy a new laptop , I sow a couple of lenovo that have QM65 chipset http://www.lenovo.com/shop/emea/content/pdf/notebooks/thinkpad/edge-series/e520/en/EDGEE520_EN.pdf But I cant seem to find any information about this chipset... Can anyone help me?
  27. I

    $600 General Build for a friend.

    Well, I have a friend who asked me to build him a new computer (His is an ancient AMD Athlon 64) and I recently built my own with an AMD a10 5800k so I said i would. He can't spend any more that $600 and needs a monitor. He also highly prefers to have an AMD processor. He has used them almost...
  28. O

    Having trouble updating bios on p5n-e sli

    My setup (just going to list things I think will be important, let me know if I'm missing something): Motherboard: p5n-3 Sli CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5ghz RAM: Corsair CM2x2084 (2), Corsair cm2x1024-6400 Video card: EVGA Geforce 8800gt 512mb pci-e (2) OS: Vista 64bit Sorry if I say...
  29. P

    Will this Gaming Desktop Work? ( Also question about PSU and CPU )

    Graphic card : GeForce GTX 690 (Overclocked) Processor : Intel® Core™ i7-3960X Processor Extreme Edition (Overclocked) Case : COOLER MASTER HAF X Blue Edition Motherboard : Asus P9X79 Deluxe Sound Card : Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD Speakers : Genius 2.1 Gaming Sound System...
  30. D

    Need a great pc for $2800

    Approximate Purchase Date: 2 weeks Budget Range: Before Rebates, After Shipping $2800 System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Video Editing, Web, School Are you buying a monitor: Yes Do you need to buy OS: Yes Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com Location: Oklahoma Parts...
  31. S

    PCI-E 8x to 16x Adapter

    Hi guys - I was planning to build a NAS with AsRock Z77E-ITX and RocketRaid 2720SGL and didn't realise that mobo only has one 16x PCI-E slot while the RocketRaid is an 8x slot (shorter). I'm thinking if there's an adapter to bridge this, or if there's a SATA3 port multiplier that I can use? I...
  32. J

    SATA vs SATAII Query

    Hi, I have 2 WD Caviar SE 16MB cache drives in my machine, which I intend to use in a RAID 0 array purely for games and data. I need to get a new drive for the OS, and the mobo uses SATAII. Does anyone know whether I would be able to use a 74GB Raptor (a SATA 150Gb/s drive) with this board...
  33. M

    First time PC build- (DRAM LED on ASUS mobo) Memory or mobo problem

    I recently assembled a PC for the first time (with supervision) without success. All precautions were taken, and all possible troubleshooting steps were performed. I used the following components. Corsair Carbide 500r SeaSonic Platinum 860w Intel Core i7 3770k Cooler Master Hyper 612 Mushkin...
  34. W

    500w PSU?

    My little brother is really into gaming and would love to be able to play with me and my friends. I have decided to build him a PC but I am not sure weather a Corsair CX-500 V2 Power Supply will be enough. The other components are: 1x Seagate Barracuda 500GB 1x Gigabyte Radeon HD7750 Overclock...
  35. M

    I clicked shut down on my computer then went to bed when i woke up its was still

    i clicked shut down on my computer then went to bed when i woke up its was still shutting down
  36. P

    HELP NEEDED - 1st build

    Hello, I have been thinking about building my own desktop tower for quite a while. Recently i have binned an old tower. The case, graphics card etc are useless but i am going to be able to use some memory otherwise start from scratch. I am not interested in building it to top top top spec but...
  37. Crashman

    HELP NEEDED! Gigabyte GA-8ITXR reviews?

    I need reviews on the GA-8ITXR to find out if it is overclockable. The reason? It has ONE MORE PCI slot than the TH7-II, and I need all the PCI slots I can get. Is the GA-8ITXR even stable for overclocking? What's the max bus speed and max voltage? How about the RDCG's, are they better or...
  38. steezyyo

    Nzxt 810 watercooled

    nzxt full tower case with asrock 990fx extreme motherboard, amd phenom x4 965 black editoiin cpu, 16gb of cosair vengeance ram,2 geforce gtx 550ti 2gb overclocked grapics cards in sli, ocz modular zt series 750w power supply,green and uv cold cathode lighting, Larkooler water cooling system with...
  39. D

    Is my Hardware at decent/average temps?

    my system specs are as follows: -Processor: i7-2600k sandy bridge -Motherboard: sabertooth z77 asus -Graphics: nvidia gtx 670 ftw -Memory: corsair vengeance 16gb -Case: cooler master HAF full atx tower case -Optical Drive: asus drw dvd burner drive Powersupply: Corsair series HX 750W 80...
  40. V

    A 100 - 120 Watt semi-laptop build with Mini - ITX

    I want to make a semi portable "semi-laptop", so i thought a mini-itx mobo notebook would do. I need a quad core cpu, so i thought i could go with a quad core AMD APU (Unlocked i.e. K series) and under-clock it. Since its under-clocked, an air cooling system is good enough too, using 40mm -...