Svchost.Exe

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Svchost.Exe.
  1. Sam Tyagi

    How good is nvidia gt740m actually?

    My roommate always keeps bragging about his nvidia gt740m gpu.He says that he can run games like "call of duty:ghosts",NFS rivals at "ULTRA" Settings.His laptops resolution is 1920*1280,8gb ram and some intel 3rd generation mobile cpu. I am getting fed up from his bragging habits. I simply cant...
  2. J

    Getting BSOD System_service_exception error 0x000003b...

    I´ve bean getting the BSOD lately... blue screen view classified it as System_service_exception error 0x000003b. I´ve tried re installing windows and I get the same error... I´ve also ran memtest and everything turned out fine... I´ve check the hard drive´s health and it´s fine... usually it...
  3. D

    Can a FSP Saga II 400 Watt power a Zotac GTX 660?

    Hi I checked out a review of the Zotac GTX 660 where it consumed only 202 watts maximum. Also I checked out eXtremeVisions PSU calculator and it reccomended a 375 Watt PSU for the following config: i7 4770k GTX 660 Regular ATX Mobo 4 Sticks DDR3 Ram 2 HDD 1 DVD +/- RW 1 PCI card 1 PCI-e x1 Card...
  4. JMcEntegart

    The Results Are In: Tom's Hardware Reader's Choice Awards

    Here are your favorite products of 2013! The Results Are In: Tom's Hardware Reader's Choice Awards : Read more
  5. Z

    Gaming Computer Question

    Hello everyone, I have been recently looking into building a computer. I know how to put it together, but do not know what is best. I plan on playing Battlefield 4 and other heavy games. I have a maximum budget of $850. Please include helpful links and tips. Thank You.
  6. M

    Case etc. for the build

    Hi All, I am looking to build rest of the components for my gaming machine. Games to be played: I have the following components: PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (Purchased For $215.00) Motherboard...
  7. Carson Walker

    GTX 650 Performance Increase?

    So, I have a GTX 650 and an i5-3570K, I get aprox. 50-60 fps on medium at 1080p on BF4. If I were to overclock my CPU and my GPU what performance increase could I expect? If any?
  8. J

    first gaming system.

    Hi there, I am looking to make myself a PC and this is what I am looking at. I am looking to play BF4 (or similar) on good settings and have good performance. any ideas? any good/bad parts I should know about because I am new to this. Thanks in advance. Part Price description Case...
  9. N

    Any Word on Nvidia 6xx Series for BF3

    I need a new GPU with my system I built when SB came out. (Currently using an 8800 GTS) I was going to purchase the 560ti for Battlefield 3 a week before it came out, but now noticing the 600 series will "hopefully" be out before the end of the year I don't want to buy the 560. Any word on if...
  10. G

    Safe Mode

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) Can a computer put itself into safe mode? I think mine did. I have Windows XP, Home Edition. I would like to know, how do you get your computer out of safe mode, how do you remove safe mode? Can someone please give...
  11. H

    Auto disconnect ISDN connection does not work in XP!!

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) Hi all! I am new to two things: Win XP and a new 64K ISDN telephone line. While I used XP and a normal modem (I was amazed to find that the Duxbury 128000BPS USB ISDN TA-thing is not a modem but some network device...
  12. G

    Help with Word 2002

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) I wonder if any one can help with a slight problem I have with Word 2002. It came with my computer about 2 years ago in Works Suite 2003. The problem is that I cannot copy and paste from another program if Word is...
  13. T

    Dynamic volume to primary partition

    I'm currently running Win XP Pro. on dynamic disks with the system partition mirrored. I have a 20GB simple volume on one of the dynamic disks which I had intended to install a copy of Windows 7 Enterprise on, intending to dual-boot as I changed over from XP to 7, but it appears that you can't...
  14. J

    new xp pro setup

    I am a tech ed teacher in a very poor district. A few months ago a retired teacher donated his old PC with a burned out PSU but the MoBo seens to be OK(?). I bought a new PS and I have an new 80Gig HD (he kept the original) The MB is an ECS P4S5MG/651+ with a 2.2g P4 and 512memory. I formated...
  15. G

    Windows movie maker 1

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?) I captured my wedding video to WMM, edited it then burn it to vcd. But when I watch it on tv the pictures where blurry, I could hardly see people's face. I heard that u can slow the video down before burning it to vcd so that...
  16. J

    Control Panel/Add & Remove Problem

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) Hi. We have Windows XP Home Edition, IE 6.0 SP2. If I go into Control Panel and then into Add and Remove, it seems when I populate the list of programs installed the list starts alphabetically by "A" and then...
  17. G

    Dvd driver for windows 7

    Hello, hi, i just installed a cracked version of windows 7 on my hp pavilion dv2000. now the sound doesn`t work. it shows that no audio out devices are installed. i tried to istall other drivers but it didnt work at all. does anyone have a solution for this problem.
  18. ifreestylin

    Why so much Vdrop? FX 6300

    My AMD fx is @ 4.5Ghz with 1.45 Vcore but as soon as i start stress testing is goes all the way done to 1.392 which cause OCCT to fail within 3mins. This is with LLC set to Auto, if i set ti to Enable under load my Vcore goes up to 1.48 which i don't want but its stable there. Any Help? Mobo...
  19. R

    Gigabyte ga-z77x-up5

    SEE MY EDIT/Next Reply AT THE BOTTOM WHERE I RESOLVED THIS AND WAS ABLE TO DO BOTH RAID & NON RAID ON SAME SATA CHIP. GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 and Intel 3770K i7 processor. This is the 3rd computer I've built for Video editing with a Gigabyte motherboard. MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH SATA ports. Drives...
  20. L

    Disable new software installation

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) How do I disable any software installations from network, drives, internet, etc without using limited accounts, or at least require password to install any new softwares.
  21. A

    HELP

    Hi, I need help with my PC. I built it about two weeks ago and it has been running fine, extremely fine. It was been working perfectly and then all of a sudden it isn't. It has all of a sudden began using 100% of the hard drive on the task manager processes even with no applications open. I can...
  22. S

    Which RAM should I buy?

    Hi, Which RAM should I buy for the system above? (16 GB) GSKILL 16GB (2x8GB) RipjawsX DDR3 1866MHz CL10 1,5V Dual Kit Ram http://www.vatanbilgisayar.com/Ram/gskill-f3-14900cl10d-16gbxl-16gb-(2x8gb)-ripjawsx-ddr3-1866mhz-cl10-1,5v-dual-kit-ram/productdetails.aspx?I_ID=62861 GSKILL 16GB...
  23. boldintrepid

    Good build under $500?

    I need a PC under or around $500 that can play HD video with no lag or stutter on two displays. I do not intend to play games on it. At first, I was looking through prebuilds like the HP p7-1380t or this CyberPower but I realized they were overpriced. I went ahead and put together a bunch of...
  24. P

    I bought my Imac desktop in thailand complete with Windows 7 premium OEM disc .

    I bought my Imac desktop in Thailand complete with Windows 7 premium OEM disc . Now I have movedback to England and want to load it on my computer here...can I? It says on the package Activation must occur in Southeast Asia
  25. G

    Timeout ?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) Hi, I have a printer that i'm printing to via wilress using the belkin print server, the thing is that once the paper is out I get a message that appears stating the paper is out, if this message is ignored ( which is...
  26. P

    Trying to install xp on new HD, comp doesn't see SATA HD

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) I'm trying to install a new HD that I just got from Dell. When the new Win XP CD goes through its paces, it all of a sudden says that it kind find the HD. It is one of these new HD, blue small cable SATA I guess. Is it that...
  27. M

    AMD 7770 Power Supply

    Currently I have a Dell Inspiron 545 with Core 2 Quad Q9400 (2.66 GHz) and Intel Integrated Graphics. I want to upgrade so I can play games and run Adobe Creative Suite CS6, mainly Premiere Pro and Photoshop. For games, mostly FPS games (CoD, Battlefield 3, Borderlands 2, Crysis, etc) I do not...
  28. G

    Taskbar Icons

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?) My taskbar icons won't let me put them in the correct order. Had this problem many years ago (early win 95 days). Can't remember the fix for it, but I'm sure it's different for XP Pro. All latest updates have been...
  29. G

    Please Help: Installer keeps running!

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?) Hello, This is the 3rd group I've posted two in three weeks. I didn't get an answer in either of the other groups. I'm using XP Home and Office 2000. Since installing an add-in for Outlook, everytime I start...
  30. G

    standby/hibernate doesn't wake up

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) Hi. i got a problem with standby or hibernate. when i try to click the mouse or press any key it doesnt wake up after i put my computer to standy or hibernate. can you shed some light on this? -- Dada Ashiishananda 51...
  31. B

    Dvd rom is not displayed in the my computer

    Please help me tell me about related software
  32. N

    Got a graphics card, installed it but get no display after reboot

    Hey everyone, I have a HP Pavilion a6257c (Intel Core 2 Duo E4500) and I just got the Sims 3. Trying to run it for the first time, I got this message saying it wouldn't play. Did my research and found out I had no graphics card, only the basic chip included (Intel 82945G Chipset, or the...
  33. G

    Windows 7 close programs so they do not turn on automatically

    where is the system configure utility in windows 7 so you can control which programs start up?
  34. E

    Windows not reconizing Opical Drives?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device." I've tried unsinstalling them and when I startup...
  35. G

    Recent startup delays.loanding time very slow

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) Hello, I have noticed recently for some reason that my computer is taking a long while fully load up. It loads to the windows desktop quick;y, but after it gets to the desktop, it sits about 10-15 seconds in a...
  36. G

    Hard Drive help

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Hi all, I have windows xp home edition installed on my PC,With 4 user accounts on it. I have installed a second hard drive on it. Two of the uer accounts are administraters (these two have passwprds on them), the other...
  37. G

    How do I enable "Remember my Username and Password"

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?) Somehow, the administrators at my company took away the option to remember usernames and passwords. This is preventing me from quickly logging into sites, as well as MSN messenger. Does anyone know how to...
  38. G

    Windvd Creator version1.0

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?) This software is installed on my PC and I am trying to burn a DVD-RW. When a click "start" in the Burning Wizard/Output satge I am always greeted with the following error messages: Burning Process Aborted Rendering Fail Can...
  39. D

    PcAnywhere - please help?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?) I have been trying unsuccessfully to remotely access another pc via the internet and i cant work out how to set up the configuration. My network consists of an dsl internet connection which comes into a d-link dsl-302g...
  40. L

    Help

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I cannot access any of the MS web pages. There are a few other websites, e.g. bank site, which I can't reach either. Current software: Internet Explorer 6 (Latest update), Windows XP w/SP2, Nortons SystemWorks, Spybot...