System File

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with System File.
  1. G

    ACE/STEVE

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?) Here is the info....I can see problems with Netlogon???? Not sure and not sure how to fix if so. Thanks again......hope you can help Ace / Steve here goes Netdiag /fix Computer name server1...
  2. G

    Windows Server 2003 GPMC produces this error:

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?) I have a recent install of Windows 2003 server. I've been playing around with it for the first time and probably broke it. Recently I've been getting logon errors. No user I've added except adminstrator can log on to...
  3. G

    NTDLR is missing

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?) G'day My server running win2000 advanced server sp4 crashed, now giving me an error at boot up of NTLDR is missing. I tried to do the restore/recovery from the setup util. Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks
  4. G

    Native vs Mixed Mode

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?) Greetings. I am hoping that someone could clarify an issue with me. I am trying to determine what makes up the scope of a Windows 2000 mixed/native mode. If all the servers in our WAN are running Windows 2000/2003...
  5. M

    How to Find any value in Registry

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?) hi Please give a reply. I'm new with registry. There is a file AppEvent.EVT in system32\config directory. Only Through Control Panel I can delete its contents.Is it possible to delete its contents through registry? if yes...
  6. H

    windows 2000 corruption, help!

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?) When I click on internet explorer, my computer, explorer, or "start-settings=control panel", the screen goes blank for a monent (with the windows background color)and then simply returns to the desktop as though...
  7. T

    raid 5 question

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?) Hi people, I have a 3 x 36gb u320 raid 5. The question is can i replace one of the 36gb's with a larger drive of the same spec i.e. 72gb u320..... Regards TIM
  8. C

    Beeping noise from external hard drive

    hi my hard drives is beeping power is on but nothing on the is working please help thanks
  9. A

    Cursor Disappears

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?) Hello, I have just recently been having this problem. When I boot up my Windows 98 SE computer I am presented with the "Enter Network Password for Microsoft Networking" screen. At this moment my cursor disappears...
  10. G

    Part.Magic8

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?) What particular newsgroup would I have to subscribe to in order to discuss PartitionMagic8 and ask for specific help? Thanks. Harry.
  11. G

    MSVCRT.DLL error

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?) Hi. I had encounter difficulty on my PC. After i had install print driver to my PC , it prompt me to restart . So i did it . But after it restarted, it prompt me "Error starting program" with the message "The MSVCRT.DLL...
  12. J

    mprexe.exe

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?) I'm having problems with my computer. For instance when I restart it it stops before reaching the desktop stage. When I press Ctrl/Alt/Del to bring up the CloseProgram box I see that mprexe is not responding. I end task...
  13. C

    Canon printer driverwindows 7 32 bits

    plz. give me driver ir2018n for win7 32 bit
  14. G

    For Ben and Glee

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion (More info?) I want to thank you both very much. For you Ben I have dloaded the Boot disk correctly and have gotten one step closer to back in business. To Glee Thx Mucho . I have dropped off puter at a friends house to fiddle...
  15. B

    Internet Explorer font size

    My IE has this strange habit of frequently changing my Text Size to Smaller without me telling it to do so. It does it in both IE5 and IE6 (I'm using 5 at the moment). It's just annoying because every time it does it, I have to change it back to normal. Anyone recognise the problem or got any...
  16. R

    windows reinstall

    Considering reinstalling win98SE. I have all additional software that I installed or can get it again and have no important data to save EXCEPT a whole lottsa music I downloaded and don't want to burn to CD. Will I lose any of my Mp3's after reinstall?
  17. C

    Manually change default os in xp and windows 7 dual-boot

    Hello everybody, I had Windows XP Pro running on my PC and I've installed Windows 7 using dual-boot. I want to create a command line BAT file that will allow me to change the default OS system before I boot. For example If I'm working on XP and wants 7 to start-up automatically then I'll...
  18. amnesiaaisenma

    Diskeeper...

    Problems never end, do they? Well, I installed Diskeeper 12 Professional Trial on my PC...and it won't start. As soon as I start it, the following error appears... "System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException (0x80004005): External component has thrown an exception. at...
  19. Caldrumr

    WiFi Time Monitor

    I have seen a million pieces of software that measure wireless network speed. However, I am looking for an app or widget that will measure total time connected. The reason for this is that a friend has a WiFi stick that has a set limit of time, rather than data usage. So I need software that...
  20. G

    Nero Programing 3

    What exactly is the NeroProgrming 3 ? Where can I download it? maciej@verim.eu
  21. K

    Usb not working windows 7

    I'm running windows 7 and my computer will not accept a USB Flash Drive. how do I correct this?
  22. G

    Pcl xl error for windows 7

    Hello, I have just installed a new printer hp laserjet P2055d and its not printing its giving PCL XL error.
  23. M

    Yahoo Messenger conflict with 3ds max?

    Hello...I have a problem with Yahoo messenger lately. A message saying " yahoo messenger is not responding" appears from nowhere. I observed this didn't happen before I have installed 3ds max . I think the problem is that Yahoo messenger installs Microsoft's Visual C++ Runtime 2005...
  24. K

    The best Decompiler

    Hi Does any know what is the best exe and dll Decopiler?
  25. V

    BSOD help.

    Hey guys, My computer got a BSOD and it's unusable. I turn it on and log in but after 3 minutes of logging in it crashes and I get a BSOD. I am able to run it in safe mode. I never created a recovery disk so i'm.SOL. I got a Gateway DX4300-22. Any more info needed and I'll be happy to post...
  26. M

    "This program cannot display the webpage" frozen

    Hi, I was using my PC (just using Firefox and Videopad Video Editor) and suddenly my screen turned into what looked like a 'full screen' Internet Explorer screen (i.e. what it looks like when you press F11), and I can't close it, can't Alt-Tab to any other applications, can't CTRL-F4 to close...
  27. tluxon

    Is deeply discounted OEM software legit?

    I keep seeing the same ads over and over for OEM software at deep discounts. Is that kind of software legit or is there a pretty big risk that it won't validate/register with the provided product key? Thanks! Tim
  28. H

    Q6700 - Excel 2007- Low usage of CPU

    Hello, I have a a Q6700, 8 GB kingstone RAM DDR2 and I need to make calcolous in excel for my final university projects...I have millions of cells! I use Windows Vista 64 bit The problem is that excel use maximum the 25%/26% of the CPU and I don't understand why.... Is there a way to say to...
  29. B

    DDR versus RD - RAM making a difference?

    Hello to everyone! I'm just wondering if any of you that edit video and/or are into dvd authoring have felt that DDR is too slow to accomplish your tasks? You probably wouldn't want to go back to DDR if you had RD RAM (I'm assuming?), but how many times have you said that RD RAM has never really...
  30. G

    video editing on a notebook

    I have a passable but upgradable desktop video editing system (Athlon XP 1800+, AK35GTR, 512MB Non-ECC RAM, 3x Maxtor D740X 40GB, Radeon 7000, generic Firewire card from eBay...), exporting to CD, DV, and S-VHS. Since I'm just getting started, I decided not to spend too much money on components...
  31. D

    Custom Build power problem

    Hey guys! I just got done building my first personal custom build (Not the first one i've done though) However, there is a problem. When I finished plugging everything up and all I went to plug in the power and boot it up. All the fans started spinning, LED's came on then boom. It all went...
  32. E

    Ubuntu Qs: laptop/32vs64

    I want to dual boot my laptop with ubuntu and vista. Why does ubuntu recommend 32bit? Compatibility? I am mostly just using ubuntu for school (openoffice/gimp/browser), but am worried that I read that there are no controls for battery saving, and since I use my laptop in class I cant always...
  33. M

    What can I buy at radio shack to serve as a power switch?

    I have a desktop computer without a case. The parts are strewn across my desk. My motherboard is a gigabyte MA78LMT-S2. There isn't a power button on this motherboard like I've seen on most motherboards. I need to rig up some kind of switch in order to power the computer on. I'm looking for...
  34. D

    Not responding! on Windows 7 Fallout 3!

    Hello, I been trying to play Fallout 3 on Windows 7 and after a few seconds of playing it stops responding! contacting the game client say they can't see any problem or any way to fix the issue! can someone pleasetell me what I need to do!
  35. G

    Overclockers Take AMD A10-5800K APU to 7.87 GHz

    Gigabyte's overclocking team was able to overclock AMD’s A10-5800K APU to a record 7.87 GHz, up from a stock 3.8 GHz. Overclockers Take AMD A10-5800K APU to 7.87 GHz : Read more
  36. C

    Hide/encrypt user account

    Hi, I have a new windows 7 laptop. I do not want my user account to have a password, however, I do not want anyone other than myself to see what I am doing. I have looked at hiding user accounts, however, in windows 7, there does not seem to be a way to access them. Is there some way to do what...
  37. Z

    Apple Granted 29 Patents, Awarded Rights to First iPad Design

    Other patents granted relates to photo management on iOS devices and crack-resistant glass. Apple Granted 29 Patents, Awarded Rights to First iPad Design : Read more
  38. G

    AMD Cutting Prices of its Radeon HD GPUs

    There is word that AMD has just launched a round of price cuts for several CPUs that could be spicing up the graphics arena quite a bit. AMD Cutting Prices of its Radeon HD GPUs : Read more
  39. G

    Zotac Unveils ZBOX with GeForce GT 520M Graphics

    Zotac combines Intel Atom processing power with Nvidia GT 520M graphics for an energy-efficient Mini-PC. Zotac Unveils ZBOX with GeForce GT 520M Graphics : Read more
  40. G

    Ubuntu May Be Coming to a TV Near You

    Could you imagine running Ubuntu as a smart TV platform in your living room? Ubuntu May Be Coming to a TV Near You : Read more