Tiger

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Tiger.
  1. T

    First time building a full rig. Need help/opinions.

    So this will be my first time building a computer from scratch. I've purchased and installed parts such as mobos, hds, ram, etc but not a full build. I've put together a list of parts that I've taken from other threads with a budget of around $800. I just want some opinions/advice on what I have...
  2. C

    Cannot get desktop to connect to network

    I can no longer get my desktop to connect to the network. Everything else connects fine; laptop, cell phones, game consoles, etc. The issue started after I did a manual reboot of the computer to try and fix an issue I was having with a game that kept crashing. Before the reboot, it was business...
  3. G

    Gottlieb Prototype Playfield - Devil's Dare

    Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?) Please let me know who wants replacement playfield, I might be able to do what theme you want, even individual requests. My initial goal for these at $200-$300 US. This is the first prototype, I will try to target $200 US, but still waiting...
  4. R

    Upgrade or change components?

    I came here 4 years ago for advise and built the following with everyones help and advise. It has been great but I am running slower and have the itch to open up the case! I do a little graphics, picture, movies, database work, no gaming at this time andand definitly fast networking card for...
  5. A

    archery charm rule question

    Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?) Hello everybody! i need some help about petty game rules i hope somebody with authority about the game here could answer my questions (or tell me who can do it) and understand my poor english (i'm from italy) i'm trying to play exalted...
  6. M

    POLL TIME

    which game is the best of the three please?
  7. E

    AMD Phenom x6 1055t Temps

    What is a good idle and load temperature range for the AMD Phenom II X6 1055t ? From what I can tell AMD says 62 C is the max..... I was running around 40 C idld and going over 50 when fully loaded using the AMD Overdrive Stabillity test. This was on the stock cooler with no overclocking. My...
  8. ahumphers91

    Wireless PCI Card

    I have Rosewill RNX-N300 wireless pci card. I had it working on my windows XP and a different computer. I set it up on my new build with windows 7 and it locks my computer. I have tried every driver I can imagine, why is it locking my computer?? Thanks.
  9. G

    What type of ram card will work with 545s

    Hello, i own a 545s with 6gb of ram. i want to upgrade to 8. 2 are 2gb and 2 are 1gb. i want to replace the 1gb cards with two 2gb cards. what specs do i need to know before ordering? the current ram is ddr2 so, i know i need the other two to be ddr2 as well.
  10. G

    Using memory sticks

    i have a asus m3a78emh board. can i replace the memory sticks with the x2 type of sticks? currently using 2 , 1 gigs sticks. also, how much ran will this board handle? thanks for any replies
  11. E

    No Signal to Monitor / now it won't turn on

    Corsair XMS3 4GB PC10666 DDR3 1333MHz 4096MB - http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6613461 Seagate 1TB LP Serial ATA HD 5900/32MB/SATA-3G - http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4682320 Lite ON 24X DVDRW SATA OEM -...
  12. A

    Rig rig rig

    So my friend told me that he wants to build a pc that is able to do gaming,editing and live streaming. Are these specs good enough for those tasks? CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($196.34 @ Amazon Canada) CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler...
  13. G

    Slow Hard Drive

    I,ve just upgraded my motherboad and CPU to A7V and AMD 1 GZ. I did a performance test on it today and only got a 125.5 rating. Problem was in two places, one the vedio card which I have to replace let and knew it would be slow. The second was the Hard Drive, it was very slow and I through it...
  14. J

    DX4831-01E video card upgrade for napolean total war!

    looking for a video card for this computer not much of a computer guy so i cant look for it on top of my head i just google things up but found things that ppl bought and alot disliked, i know i need a new PSU but which one? and which video card fits my computer? what info do i need to find one...
  15. V

    Faults with windows 7 networking

    After installing windows 7 Ultimate on to two computers and having all types of trouble to get a network working correctly. I am networking 2 desktops and a laptop with XP and also have a media centre in the lounge room all conected by Ethernet cable. Under windows XP and the same configeration...
  16. N

    Feedback on this laptop.

    Hello, I have a friend who just bought a laptop so that he could run World of Warcraft and EVE on it. He did so cause he travels a lot of the time. My question to you is what would you change in this system that may be a bottle neck in running either of the games? Here is the system...
  17. dazzler54321

    Geforce gtx 260 or quadro FX1800??

    Hi all, SO im building a new Workstation using 3Ds Max as my main program of choice. In addition OpenGL is also important. Im wondering if the extra money on the Quadro is worth it or not? A
  18. R

    Can i change my dell optipex 620 processor

    how can i change my processor or add
  19. B

    RoN2 versus RoN

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?) How different is number Two (Rise of Nations) compared to number One? Worth the purchase, or basically the same game? Thanks guys. Bill
  20. G

    About Reputation

    Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.gurps (More info?) Hello, I have a problem with the Reputation advntage/disadvantage. According to the third edition (revised) Basic Set, a character could buy a +1 bonus to reaction rolls made by EVERY NPC, ALL the time, for just 5 points. Reaction rolls...
  21. sanjayk111

    PSU PROB?

    My pc keeps hanging at random points .. tried to resolve it at da mobo thread..was redirected here... please help...
  22. G

    Minestorm version differences

    Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?) While still (since the last thread about this) trying desperately to improve my scoring in Minestorm, I unraveled the version differences I found in some of the versions. Well anyway, for those Mine Storm players interested you can find...
  23. G

    PSU power affect performance?

    Hello! Quick question... My 300w PSU seems to have died, computer would not POST at all, light came on but thats it. CPU fan came on, HDD made some noise, but nothing on the screen and no beeps. Installed a 250w PSU I had in a spare computer, and now the computer works fine (on it...
  24. S

    Gaming PC for 1500$ USD -New builder

    Here are the parts, I don't need a Keyboard,mouse,monitor,sound card, or OS Trying to make a good gaming PC for 1500$ SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive GIGABYTE GV-N285UD-1GH GeForce GTX 285 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0...
  25. G

    Changing Icons.

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?) I downloaded some icons and used the tutorial on Microsoft.com to change most of them, but I cant change the Internet Explorer ones. How do I do that? Also, When I went into look at the themes through Start>Explore etc. I...
  26. B

    HAF tower will restart if USB port in bumbed.

    I have this tower: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119225&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA Where the front panel USB port is on the computer if i have a device plugged into it some times if i bump it will restart my computer like it...
  27. G

    My dream build

    My budget is $500 - $700. Have had good success with Gigabyte MoBo's & 650 Watt PS's. I want to build a Intel i7 system for XP Pro, Gigabyte MoBo, 4 GB RAM, 650 Watt PS, 2 CD/DVD Burners, 500GB HDD, Standard Black Case. Need a great Graphics card for my flight simulator too. Any...
  28. M

    Is my system Bottle-necked?

    Hi, recently i have been experiencing problems, Video Lag, whilst playing games. I was wondering if it's due to my PSU not powerful enough for my system. Here are my specs: System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 3/12/2013, 14:53:41 Machine name: DANIEL-PC Operating...
  29. Ray Charles

    PLEASE HELP!!!I Is my 4870 DEAD for good?

    A metal (gigabyte esata bracket) touched my 4870 with in close proximity to the back of the card (from inside the case) near the DVI port WHILE IT WAS RUNNING! (the bracket somehow slipped out it was freakish) The screen went black it has never worked since (NO POST) is it dead for good or...
  30. G

    The REAL Pac-Man colors?? / Pac Bezel wanted

    Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?) I have a Pac-Man upright I'm trying to restore and the artwork needs some serious touch-up/respray. I am looking to see if anyone knows the REAL color codes. I found some Sherwin-Williams Codes online, but not only are they...
  31. I

    GRAPHICS CARD....

    Hi..am new to this account.. solve my problem..i have 3500Rs...which graphics should i buy....wanted to play high games which graphics card requires..u people please suggest me..which graphics card should i buy...... config: core 2 duo 2.33 ghz(e6550) dg33fb mother board 3GB DDR-2 ram waiting...
  32. K

    A wise platform for a 5*** series gpu setup

    i have essentually decided to get a i5-750 with a 5870 and 4 gigs of 1333 ram and a 5870 gpu which adds up to around 800$ are there any other configurations that would be wise at this time for around 800$? p.s. all i need is ram, mobo, gpu, and cpu. i also have a 1000w modular psu.
  33. T

    Can bad ram damage a pc/mobo?

    Had an old computer that i thought the mobo was bad on (powered up, but no display whatsoever on the monitor, had tested all other components). ordered a new mobo, put the ram in it from first mobo and fired it up -- same problem -- no display. took the stick of ram to a working pc and plugged...
  34. G

    COM Port

    I have a USB keyboard. I am trying to open the COM port through Matlab. So i want to know which COM Port would this keyboard be under?
  35. hearmenow

    RADEON 5770 PROBLEM ;(

    Hey guys, i recently purchased my hd 5770 and have just replaced it with my nvidia 8800gt as it just died on me... when i try to enterwindows desktop the screen just goes blank, i can load up bios etc but cant reach to the desktop. I believe this is due to conflicting with my old nvidia...
  36. J

    First Time Budget Gaming Build Compatibility Check

    To start off, this computer is suppose to be meant for gaming. I'll admit, hardware isn't my forte, but I've been searching around for parts and this is what I have come up with so far: (By the way, I am not planning to overclock unless evidently necessary) CPU: Intel Core i5-3550 Ivy Bridge...
  37. A

    Which motherboard should I get?

    This one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813138041 Or this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127010 My system: AMD X2 3800+ Dual Core 7900GS 1.5Gb Kingston ValueRAM DDR667 WD 160Gb HD Raidmax SMILODON FSP 450W? PSU It will be used for gaming and...
  38. S

    1GB 533 OR 512MB 800?

    Hello, I'm building a budget system. AMD X2 3600+ Asus M2N pv-vm/BioStar T550/MSI K9 Neo-f XFX 7600GS or the GT What kind of RAM should I use? Its confusing to read so many articles and not understand half of them, my brain just freezes. I don't know if i have to use the 533 or 677 or 800 and...
  39. J

    Questions about Phenom II and CoH

    Hi. I use the Phenom x3 8400 for my CPU. Recently I started playing Company of Heroes and found out that it lagged horribly as the game progressed. I can only see that the problem lies with the CPU because the game does not lag at all at the start (therefore, not much processing). Moreover, when...
  40. A

    Antrec 300 Size

    Hey i was just wondering if i could fit 2 psu's into an antec 300 (a separate one for my gpu). also will a gtx 295 or similar size card fit into the 300?