Tiger

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Tiger.
  1. J

    I need to know what graphic card to put in my laptop.

    I have a Toshiba Satellite A65-S1064. I want to be able to play the Sims 3 or at least the Sims 2 on it. I know the graphic card in the laptop currently is not up to par for playing these games. So I need to know what I should get. What is a good graphic card. It doesn't have to be brand new...
  2. S

    O/c nvidia geforce 8500 gt

    hi , just wanted to know if there was a way of getting my card to o/c , just done my cpu from 1.8ghz to 2.8ghz but my graphics are still slow and juttery ,have installed riva and 3dmark vantage but my benchmark is crap is there any way to balance my core ( @690mhz ) shader ( 918mhz )and mem...
  3. G

    Europe SC (nl) give-away

    Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?) Im going to do a give-away of all items that I originally used on the last ladder. This will include Engima Archon, Beast, HoZ(Um), Up'd Homun(Um), CrystalSword(6 Ist), Monarch(4 Ist), Multiple SoJ, Multiple CoA, etc, etc... I have probably...
  4. mickeddie

    on board sound vs. old sound card

    I have a Soundblaster Live that is about 5-6 years old. I will be getting the Asus P5W DH and wanted to know if the on board sound of a new MOBO is better than the SB live. Thanks!!
  5. G

    Help please with Forgotten Battles

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?) I was playing IL 2 Forgotton battles for a number of weeks. I did an upload on a driver (one of these that are posted in an email and you do automatically for those of us who don't know what we are doing) Anyhow when I went...
  6. J

    $500 Home PC Build Help?

    Need to build a machine for my father / Mother for their home, and I have a budget of about $500. This will not be a gaming rig, I just need a good workhorse home PC for daily use and photo editing. I would like to overbuild this so it will suit their needs for a few years to come. Please let...
  7. G

    Some Sims can't be resurrected?

    Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?) Why are some dead Sims missing from the Grim Reaper's list? -- Melanie Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert.
  8. racuro

    System Performance issues

    I have from what i know a fairly decent PC, but from what ive been doing[Primarily Gaming WoW,Cod4/5, Left 4 Dead] I have noticed bad performance in games especially World of warcraft just walking around a city.. 12-16 FPS i have no idea why but any information as to why it might happen is...
  9. G

    "Urban Seige" map as Co-Op ??

    Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?) Knowing this map was not made as co-op but as multi; has anyone edited/modified this map so it can be co-op? If so, who has that file? lmk, J
  10. J

    Advice on a First Builder

    This will be my first endeavor into a custom setup, although I'm generally familiar with it through my brother and the old system I bought off of him. I haven't been able to play new games for the last year or so on my current build (DFI nF4 Ultra-D, AMD 64 3000+, Radeon X850XT (shader model 2.0...
  11. C

    Basic memory question (possible addition to the FAQ?)

    What kind of performance increases will most (i.e. not overclocking hardcore gaming types) users get with CAS2 (v CAS3) and/or dual channel memory (v single channel)? I'm pondering a new machine with at least 2 gigs (possibly 3 or 4) for rendering and video etc., but will sticking in 3 or 4...
  12. J

    Windows error code 128

    Hello,I CANNOT ACCESS MY BANK ACCOUNT GET ERROR CODE 300-128 WHAT IS IT
  13. J

    power supply reccommend

    im currently wanting to add phenom 9600 black edition cpu and another sapphire 3870 for crossfire i have and ultra x-connect 750watt powersupply and wondering if its gonna be good enough im currently looking at either an ocz 700watt or thermaltake just in case either one of those would be okay...
  14. chookman

    Here's to Nehalem

    http://techreport.com/discussions.x/13232 Im officially impressed and if this chip is anything close to what they say it is i must have one.
  15. G

    Any Word

    Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?) Has there been any word on the progress of ICE???
  16. G

    SATA backplane question

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.supermicro (More info?) On an X6DAE-G2 motherboard in an SC823T-550LP chassis... system was delivered with two disks. We added two more, but they don't show up in the BIOS. I noticed that the backplane has 6 SATA connectors, but the motherboard...
  17. M

    Can someone answer this question about Atari Space Lords?

    Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?) Hi group, I just purchased an Atari Space Lords PCB that I believe is JAMMA. My question is this, I do not have a SL system, just a dedicated Mortal Kombat II. Can I just plug the SL into this to test to see that it works...
  18. JasonAkkerman

    RDP (Terminal Services Client) configuration

    My work laptop was recently upgraded from Win 7 32bit to Win 7 64bit to support 8GB of ram. Something has changed with my terminal services client. Previously when I connected to my Windows 8 machine at home it draw the screen very quickly with what looked to be some digital compression (like...
  19. G

    moo

    Archived from groups: alt.games.neopets (More info?) MOO anything exciting happening on Neopets for anyone here?
  20. C

    realm down?

    Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?) is it just me or is us-west down?
  21. G

    VPA: planetconnections with gravwells?

    Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?) Hello, I just wonder how to tell VPA to use 84LY as the planethopping distance and not 81LY. Does anybody know? Best regards, Ingo aka planetmaker
  22. N

    Windows xp sp2 activation key

    Hello, i have a microsoft windows xp professional service pack 2 cd but no key , and i face a great problemm , help me how know the key
  23. G

    9800 gx2 and 3 way sli

    is the 9800 gx2 compatible with 3 way sli?
  24. G

    Tusi-m

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) My brothers' computer has always had an issue with the bios on this motherboard. Occasionally on boot up it will jump directly into the bios and go to the "cpu level two cache" setting. This would be understandable (but...
  25. E

    Is this upgrade really worth it?

    I currently have an X1950Crossfire 512 GDDR4 paired with it's sister card the X1950XTX and am considering purchasing a single HD 2900XT 1GB GDDR4 to replace the two (I can get a really good deal). Would I see any benefit in frame rates? Is it worth it considering it goes for about $600 in...
  26. Moonskin

    Welcome Back Hyper-Threading!

    Here's the link And here's in another link I wonder ... now that it's clear that Intel will not have an answer to Barcelona in 2007 was gonna happen … If Penryn will se the light only in Q1 2008 there’s not much sense to launch a new architecture in Q3 2008 is there? … So maybe we will stuck...
  27. S

    Windows xp not allowing administrative

    Hello, Windows XP not allowing me to open any program files, only just My Docs. No internet, cannot open system restore and such. Message that displays is "you may not have permissions to access". No matter what I try the same message keeps popping up even when I try to add a new user...please...
  28. D

    how to change download folder location

    ...so how do I change my default download folder to a different default drive location? It's on C drive now but I want to move it to E drive because I dont want to write on the SSD which is the C...
  29. drummerdude

    sound card for laptop

    i've been looking for a sound card for my laptop and i dont know what my best option would be: option 1: find a usb sound card option 2: do expresscard sound cards exist? option 3: if they dont, just get a pcmcia card and get an adapter for it like this link does anyone know what my best choice...
  30. A

    FX-60 ROCKS

    i just installed the new processor today and im in the process of running prime95 to test stability. i used to not even be able to browse the net while running prime now its running in the background and its like its not even there. i would definitely recommend it to anyone whos looking to upgrade.
  31. masop

    Best PC for Graphics Design, 3D Rendering and A/V Creation?

    A friend of mine recently secured a graphics design based job and wants a very powerful machine. The scope of use is not games, but as stated above, Graphics Design, 3D Rendering, A/V Creation and things of that nature. The budget is $5000 which includes a dual 24" flat panel setup. I need you...
  32. P

    Building in a month or so and need some input

    Sorry for another "check my build" thread. I'm going to be building my first rig in a month or so and here's what I've nailed it down to with a couple of months of research: Antec P180B Asus P5B Deluxe Seasonic S12 550W E6400 Corsair 2x512MB DDR2 800 memory (the C4 type) eVGA 7900 GS WD Raptor...
  33. G

    GRAND THEFT AUTO

    Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?) Hi, I need a copy of grand theft auto san andreas.......our local store pulled it off the shelf because of adult content.....does anyone know where I can purchase a copy? Playstation version Thank you Charles Michigan at...
  34. A

    Found good deal but will it work.

    At a local computer store i can get Raidmax PSU at a good price after rebate but will it be able to handle x1900xt video card. I am also looking at Roswell PSU. It is for a conroe build i will do soon. Aegaeonos-
  35. L

    Is Gigabyte H87-HD3 Motherboard (tall chipset heatsinks) compatible with EVGA GeForce GTX 650Ti Boost SC (very long card)?

    Hi, I am building a PC and looking for an inexpensive 1150 motherboard that is compatible with the long EVGA GeForce GTX 650Ti Boost SC graphics card. I am thinking about the Gigabyte H87-HD3 board but looking at the pictures it looks like that the chipset heatsink (next to PCIE 3 slot) is...
  36. D

    The device, DeviceCdRom0, has a bad block.

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I understand alot about some things, but feel totally stupid on others. I keep getting this error when I attempt to use my HP burner. Since I get this msg. when I start it, does this mean that I have to replace the...
  37. G

    Need help getting a Motherboard plus Ram for this build

    ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM 19.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135204 Western Digital WD Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive - OEM 59.99...