Typhoon

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Typhoon.
  1. M

    Cannot access Iomega prestige external hard disk after system format

    Hi everyone.. I am using iomega prestige portable hard drive superspeed USB 3.0. and it is encrypted( it will ask for password when we connect it to the laptop) and I am using HP pavilion DV6 6C65 laptop. The hard drive worked fine until yesterday. The laptop had some audio issue and I took it...
  2. H

    Help picking mobo

    I am a noob at mobos and i need some help. I will not be overclocking or using dual graphics cards. Here are my specs: http://www.tigerdirect.com/cgi-bin/ShoppingCart.asp I do not have a psu and if you could i would be nice if you could recommend one and also recommend a different video card...
  3. J

    1.0GHz T-Bird running at 750 (Answered)

    - Question - I recently purchased a 1GHz T-Bird, however I can only get it to run at 750Mhz. Although it boots to a command prompt when I attempt to load Windows (98 or 2000) I get three short beeps and then the screen goes blank. If I hit a key the system beeps once and then it proceeds...
  4. S

    Mothor board

    Hello, I have core 2 duo processor, which motherboard supported for this processor
  5. K

    Powering up but no screen picture

    Hello all you experts. :) I would post this in reply to , but since it's closed I make a new posting. Allow me to quote:
  6. H

    1000, 1100 or 1200?

    Hmm I'm going to byu a new processor to my new sys.. and I'm not going fer a ddr system even though it might be here bfr christmas, still I have doubt about that. I bought an Alpha cooler for socket A, the 6035MUC. And now I've started to wonder if I should buy a 1ghz or 1.1ghz and clock it to...
  7. G

    UPGRADE - eMachines T3638 w/celeron 420

    A few years ago I bought my 4 kids 4 eMachines running Vista, I upgraded the video to the 8900 gso w/512mb memory and installed 2 gigs of DDR2 RAM in each machine... The machines are getting a little old for their game playing I am wondering what I can do to cost effectively upgrade...
  8. mikeyaxe

    Wise decision??

    Need help guys.. I've decided on a gaming build.. So needed ur suggestion.. I5 2500K 550 watts corsair smps 1TB HDD Sapphire 6850 OC Bentfix Shinobi cabinet. (Don't wana change ne of this) With all these, it leaves me very little for my motherboard! So I thought ill jst buy a asus H61 mobo...
  9. G

    The Ultimate Cooling Case?

    I've just seen the basic spec for the Arowana AT-801 File Server Case, it seem very impressive !!! It's substantial width allows the placement of fans in some very useful places and it isn't too expensive considering its redundant PSU facility. Does anyone out there have any experience of this...
  10. N

    Mini-server / HTPC motherboard recommendation

    Hi all, I'm planning to build a small home server / htpc and im looking for a motherboard. Can anyone tell me of a low cost, low power, fanless motherboard without integrated gfx? I will be using a VDPAU enabled PCIe gfx card like the ZOTAC GeForce® 210 Synergy Edition 512MB so i dont need a...
  11. G

    AsRock z68 PRO3 or Asus P8Z68-V?

    Hallo! I am going to build up a system for amatorial photoediting. I have pretty defined all the components, and for the motherboard I was oriented to buy a Asus P8Z68-V. In the shop the seller suggested me to take the AsRock Z68 pro3, since it has the same performances as the Asus for half the...
  12. G

    Ratings on build quality from Brit mag

    Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?) They disliked the Canon 300 and Nikon D70 builds, saying the build quality was poor. They loved the Canon 20D's build quality. Does the plastic outer housing on the cheaper cameras really matter from a durability standpoint, or...
  13. S

    HP2200 on local network - config problems

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) I just bought an HP2200 DN for my home office. I have a few Win XP PCs and use a hardwired Linksys router. I connected the printer to the linksys. I added 64MB of RAM to max it out at 72MB. I installed HP Web Jetadmin (I guess I...
  14. G

    HP IIIP Screech Question

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) My HP IIIP has been working faithfully for ten years. But now it screeches as the paper feeds up through. I have not tried a new cartridge but somehow I do not think that is the problem. Any ideas?
  15. QwertyMusicMan

    Best mobo for my build?

    Hello all, I originally intended to go the AMD route, but they delayed bulldozer AGAIN so I decided to just stick with an i5 2500k for this build. I could get a great AM3+ mobo for $100... is the same true of Intel-based mobos? Anyways, here's my build. I don't really want to go over $150 for a...
  16. P

    Ssd raid 0

    i have 1 crucial m4 64gb ssd i was just wondering if i bought another one would i beable to put them in raid 0 would also be good because i would have 128gb then :)
  17. 3

    Want to buy a newer graphics card for an old PC

    Hi hope this is the right sub cat. I want to buy a new graphics card for my wife's PC. Details: Mainboard: MSI K9A_Platinum CPU: AMD Athlon FX62 Ram: 2GB Dual Corsair GPU: ATI Radeon X1950 Pro PSU: 550W I would prefer a NVIDIA GPU due to bad experiences in the last years (driver issues, bugs...
  18. Barkze

    Mid-High end gaming PC

    Before I begin I would like to thank you for helping me and I would also like to apologize for any mistakes I have made in this post. Approximate Purchase Date: 12/20/2012 Budget Range: < $2000 System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming Are you buying a monitor: Yes Parts Not...
  19. wildpluckings

    Z68 vs P67 for i7 2600K/16GB workstation build

    I am upgrading my computer to i7 2600K/16GB memory/SSD drive and would like to know whether I should consider a Z68 or P67 board. From my research the P67 offers better value for money but this varies depending on the work you are doing. I will be using my computer for video...
  20. A

    Will any current motherboards support Ivy Bridge?

    Hey, I'm planning a new build and I find all of these motherboard choices simply overwhelming. At the very least, I need the motherboard to support SLI/Xfire. The SSD caching of the Z68 might be nice, but it isn't a necessity. The real feature that I would like, though, would be a motherboard...
  21. P

    How to bypass power switch on motherboard of gateway mx6447 laptop

    Hello,my switch button on my mx6447's motherboard is loose and needs a new one. Apparently Gateway compresses them in. I don't want to buy a new motherboard so I was wondering if I could solder two wires from motherboard switch and run them to the outside of laptop and use them to turn on...
  22. S

    Troubleshooting Help

    I have a Gateway GT5630E. The motherboard is an Intel Stoughton G965 with the (groan) standard Intel graphics onboard. The video was terrible enough that I decided to upgrade to a PNY Verto with an nVidia GeForce GT220. Life was good for a while but I was finding that on casual games, the...
  23. R

    Question about running a Sata III on my mobo

    Hello, I've got a IC780M-A and I was thinking of getting a SSD that is Sata III for it. While my mobo is Sata compatible, I know its pretty outdated. I just want to make sure that the mobo will be able to handle this SSD (while I realize maybe not a max speed) until I upgrade at the end of the...
  24. W

    Triple channel 6G kit

    Hoping to solve a random shutdown problem by going from 5+ slots to a single triple channel kit. here are some searches on directron and newegg -100$ USD range http://www.dark-circuit.com/directron/sorteditems/tripleddr3kitsa.php...
  25. R

    No sound in win7 any ver

    Hello,my asus motherboard via chipset P4 dulcore he asept any driver in win7 but soubd driver not asepted why
  26. P

    Ram increase

    Hello, I have a Dell which is only allowing 512mb ram max Can I change motherboard and increase ram?
  27. E

    Need a mobo

    Hello, what do you think the best mobo is for the i7 2600k? Best,,,,I mean not most expensive,,,not more than $200
  28. A

    Which is gone motherboard or cpu.

    Hallo, My computer is not starting. My motherboard is crosshair 4 formula and processor is amd 1090t. Last night it was running well. But this morning when i hit the power switch, motherboards probit light of cpu dont turns off. And in somewere i read if i remove ram then i will hear continues...
  29. M

    Corsair Vengeance not running correct frequency

    Ok so basically i've just finished my first major system build (i5 2500K, GigaByte P67 UD4, Radeon 6970, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz) and its been a bit of a headache so far but its all starting to get sorted. At the moment I only have the stock Intel cooling unit on my CPU, I had an H70 but...
  30. 5I7H10RD

    IP35 Pro won't post.

    Help guys! To cut a long story short, I basically bought a B-grade IP35 Pro from OCUK, set everything up, and, it won't post. What it does, is this: Starts (All fans whirring, LED's on). Stops, shows 9.0 on BIOS display. Then proceeds to show 9.9 (complete shutdown sequence). Restarts...
  31. F

    Think I killed my Sabretooth :,,,(

    So I recently bought an Asus Sabretooth, i5 2500, 8 gigs Vengeance and was loving life. Then I got greedy and had a new Corsair 690 Advanced case, 750 Corsair PSU and another 460 GTX to try out SLI as well as a Cooler Master 212 Plus -my first time messing with a non-clippy cooler. Now my PC...
  32. G

    Suggested storage/transport schemes for painted metals

    Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?) Hi folks, I have a wonderful hand-painted, metal, set of European knights and Saracens from the Renniassance <sp?> battle for Malta. Any good suggestions for safe storage/transport of said figures? I am thinking a sheet...
  33. jiash

    ASUS OR INTEL which one is goo?

    I wanna build a budget PC,i chose corei3 540,but i have some confusion about Motherboard i don't know which one is reliable motherboard,i don't want to over clock or something els,i need a good quality motherboard which i m going to use for a long time. i chose some H55 MB 1.Intel DH55PJ...
  34. Y

    Hypertransport sync flood error occurred, anyone has seen this?

    Hi all, I Bought a MSI 870-G45 with AMD Phenom II X4 810 OEM combo a week ago. my memory module is Mushkin Enhanced Silverline Stiletto 8GB 2X4GB PC3-10666 DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24 Dual channel. I am building my gaming rig, put everything together and installed windows 7. it constantly freeze after...
  35. M

    Can Adobe CS5 on Intel DG31PR

    I have Intel DG 31 PR Motherboard.2GB Ram with cor 2 due proccesor....I mean i have a complete Pc.I wanna run Adobe cs5 on That,But Adobe Premier pro give the information that Your system doesn't match.....What can be problem..?
  36. G

    Doom 2 mouse funtion

    Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?) I tried installing my old Doom 2 PC game on a newer XP computer with the newer connections on the back. The mouse will not be recognized. Is there some patch to fix this bug?
  37. olivierhacking

    RAM manufacturer important?

    Hi everyone, Currently I have 6GB DDR3 RAM (1333Mhz) running in my system. I want to add another 2GB of RAM to fill in all 4 RAM slots. My 6GB is runniong in dual channel, and with my i7 860 overclocked to 3608 Mhz, it runs at 1312 Mhz. My question is: as long as I buy a 2GB RAM 'stick' at...
  38. R

    Help me I'm New - PC3200 1GB = 400MHz FSB=???

    Hello, I am replacing a bad motherboard with this one: FOXCONN 865M06-GV-6LS INTEL P4 511 CPU COMBO KIT (Pentium 4 511 2.8Ghz 533Fsb Sl7e2). This Motherboard has two memory slots. My existing memory is a 1GB Crucial 184 Pin (PC3200) DDR DIMM. I want to re-use the memory module on the new...
  39. JackNaylorPE

    P8P67 Pro showed up on Newegg Finally !

    Speaking of the B3 version of course.....Grats newegg on finishing all those replacements ! And yes ..... that nice little combo with the 2500k is back too for $395 http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.622007
  40. T

    ASUS P5G41C-M LX compatibility with ram

    ASUS P5G41C-M LX is compatibility with Corsair CMV4GX3M1A1333C9 4GB (1x4GB) DDR3 thx for your help