Westinghouse

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Westinghouse.
  1. Carl Dun

    Which GTX 970 Should I buy?

    I'm currently looking to buy a GTX 970 to play on ultra 1080 and was wondering what is the best brand to buy? Money is definitely a factor so I compiled every gtx 970 available in the philippines that is available to me and made a chart to show them and their prices so you could determine which...
  2. A

    Computer keeps shutting down randomly

    I was playing a game on my pc and the computer suddenly shut down with no warning then immediately rebooted. I figured that this was because my pc got to hot. After it was on for about 25mins it did it again. Now when i turn it on it turns off between 10mins to 2hours of the pc being on. I have...
  3. A

    Why is my graphics card artifacting?

    Yesterday, I started noticing artifacts on my Radeon HD 6450 overclocked to 725 MHz GPU/900 MHz memory. I underclocked it to 400 MHz GPU/800MHz memory (the minimum allowed by AMD Overdrive) and it's still artifacting. I keep the fan at 75%, and I've never seen the temperatures above 55 degrees...
  4. I

    Urgent. Which one is better?

    I'm going to buy a PC tomorrow. I'm going to get and APU for playing games like CSGO, PAYDAY 2, and other fun game maybe BF4 if I can run it. IM NOT GETTING A GPU. using APU Anyways which mother board is better for overclocking the CPU and the iGPU? Asus A88X-Pro Gigabyte F2A88X-UP4 MSI...
  5. TheGameAce

    Motherboards. Is there a difference?

    Wanting to upgrade a 2013 model computer for gaming use, and I was wondering if motherboards really make a difference in speeds, such as a 6GB/s Motherboard with a 6GB/s Solid State Drive. Would any old motherboard that worked with DDR3 RAM and was an AM3+ (which is the type I'm going for) work...
  6. K

    DVD will not recognize disks - no success with normal fixes.

    HI All. I tried asking this question in another part of the forum, but after getting no responses at all, I thought I would try here. The problem is my DVD drive fails to read, write or even recognize any disk that I put into it. Whenever I put any disk in the drive (data, movie, burnt or...
  7. T

    Can I run Far Cry 4?

    Will my pc run Far Cry 4? PC specs: AMD A10-6700 processor AMD APU 8670D graphics card. 8GB of RAM
  8. P

    900 USD Budget gaming PC

    Hello all, I'm looking to build a pc mostly for gaming, school work, programming, and possibly game design. As the title states, I have a 900 dollar budget (before mail-in rebates) and would like to get the most bang for my buck. The OS would not be included but I would like to get a monitor...
  9. R

    I5 4570 Gtx 760/I5 4670 r9 270x

    hello, i want to chose a build spec...so what is better between this : -i5 4570 with msi gtx 760 twin frozr - i5 4670 with sapphire r9 270x vapor x so i confused to chose those both! i want gaming in stock and no OC! and good for future 2/3 years later, i heard amd has mantle for r9 series, are...
  10. A

    Cannot Install Windows 2003 on HP Proliant ML 10 G8 Server

    Please provide me solution how to install win 2003 on HP ML 10 G8 Server, because after coping window files it reboot & should start next process of windows installation but it shows RED GREEN BLUE WHITE Screen continuously.
  11. B

    still have the problem

    i followed these steps. was able to clear one of my 'read only' memory sticks, but another still stuck in that mode.
  12. J

    Best way to remove COMPLETLY remove AMD drivers (going from AMD to Nvidia)

    could someone tell me EXACTLY what to do when removing amd drivers? i am worried whenever i'll remove them i wont get my pc to work etc. cuz i've seen alot of black screen issues etc... could someone put the exact order of the things 'll have to do ?
  13. C

    Messed up msconfig

    Home build Win 7 pro, as rock 970X4, amd fx8150, 16gb memory, raid 1 off rocket raid 620 with two wd red hard drives. running fine but very slow to start. changed msconfig and now I can not boot into windows. tried everything I know how to do. Help please
  14. B

    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 OC WindForce fan replacement

    Hello everyone, I had this card since early 2011 and it's been serving me well, but now I have two bad fans on this card that keep making a rattling noise when under load at a certain speed, and it's driving me crazy. I know the card has 80mm 4 wire fans on it, but I do not know if there are...
  15. C

    First-timer, case cooling help?

    So. Here's the first thing I need help with. I have 15USD left before my budget on my first built caps out, and I need some case fans for my Apevia X-Sniper 2. It comes stock with one blue LED fan on the front, and that's it, so I need something for the back. I was going to go with the Xigmatek...
  16. F

    Monitor loses signal after 5 minutes of intense gaming

    Hello,i am new to this community and to graphics cards.The problem is that my monitor loses signal after a few minutes on high performance gaming although the pc still runs and i can still hear sounds lagging for 30-60 seconds.I updated all system drivers,but didn`t help.I also checked...
  17. J

    Could I have damaged my memory??

    I overclocked my Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb to 2133mhz at 1.652 volts. I ran prime95 using 90% memory on a custom blend for 12 hours. It all seemed stable, no errors no problems. I realized after that speed isnt at all neccessary for gaming, and turned it down to 1600mhz at 1.5 v. All seems stable...
  18. T

    what additional cables do i need for these speakers?

    i want to buy these speakers http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trust-17966-Tytan-2-1-Speaker/dp/B0061J3GPU but i do not know what additional cables i need to connect them in to my laptop or ipod. Can anyone clarify this for me. Are all the cables necessary already there? Do i need to buy a 3.5 mm to 3.5...
  19. L

    Www sound card for windows 7

    Hello, My Laptop Has no sound I upgraded my windows xp to windows 7 and know my sound divice doesn't work what can I do ?
  20. G

    WTB: Solar City Plastic

    Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?) Hi folks, I'm in need of a plastic for my Gottlieb EM Solar City. It's the bottom right-side slingshot plastic. If I'm not mistaken, it is labelled "A 14837 R". Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, DG
  21. R

    HDDRECOVERY occupies 12gb of my hard disk space

    what is this HDDRECOVERY used in my toshiba satelite c850 laptop it occupies 12gb of space how to format it?????
  22. G

    Top dB nonlinearity?

    Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?) Hi folks: Anyone here familiar with the AD1853 D/A converter chip? Does it have a linearity problem in the top decibel (in other words, significantly higher distortion from -1.0dBFS to 0dBFS)? What about the AD1896 asynchronous sample rate...
  23. Morton

    Weird PC game comparison: 50$ USA/Europe vs 5-15$ Russia

    This post might add more fuel to the discussion of piracy, but I feel that some people might find this an interesting read. I was recently on a work trip to Russia and had an opportunity to go shopping. While I was walking around, I encountered at least three different game stores. The newest...
  24. abhishekshukla1989

    5850 crossfire dilemma

    I bought a MSI 5850 OC card a few months back and thought that i would buy another in a few months for crossfire.But after the gtx 460 came it does not make sense for going the CF way since SLI scaling is just unbeatable.But If go for gtx 460 i would have to sell 5850 at about 70% of the...
  25. D

    Reusing heatsink from old motherboard on new motherboard?

    Possible without damaging the old board/heatsink? I have a Scythe Katana 2 Heatsink and I want to get a new board but reuse my CPU and heatsink. Possible, without damaging the old board, or damaging the futureboard? And if I want to change my CPU AFTER I've put the old one on the new mobo...
  26. drip50291

    X48 vs. 790i

    which ones better overall?and then consider: q6600 ddr2/800 hd4850 SSD and Velocirapter
  27. A

    What is this about games being single threaded???

    Everybody talks about games being silglethreaded and not being able to use more than 1 or 2 cores. I have a Athlon X2 processor and if game would use only one core I would expect high usage on one core and low on second. But they are similary utilized when gaming. What's more even on my...
  28. bobverheul

    HELP, MY PASSWORD!

    He guys, i recently set a password on my bios, but guess what, i forgot it. my motherboard is a MSI Z77A-G43 with Click Bios II. Please help, i can't get in my bios, please tell me how to reset my password. PC Specs: CM Storm Scout 2 Dual CCFL Caselight Red Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet...
  29. I

    So how's Spore so far?

    I am eager to try out the game. But I usually wait for a while for the bugs to get fixed. How is the game release like? Is it stable? Fun so far?
  30. J

    Rimage Everest Disc Tray Not Opening?

    Hi, I may have a problem! I bought a used Rimage Everest 1 printer, and dont nothing about it accept it prints disc lables. I have not recieved the Ink Ribbons yet so I cant test it out yet. My problem in reading the Manual is it's say all you have to do to open the disc tray is press the power...
  31. B

    Is this a good buy and upgrade?

    So right now I have a 4800+ x2, 4gb DDR2 800, and an ASUS mobo. Well I'm having some issues with my PC....like it's dead. So if I can't get it up and running soon I'm upgrading. So I just stopped by FRYS to check out how local prices are vs newegg. They are having a special on this mobo...
  32. U

    What is the different between 1080i and 1080p

    what is the different between 1080i and 1080p for a LCD TV ?
  33. L

    tape answering machine - still sold?

    I have had it with these poor quality hard-to-use digital answering machines. Is anyone still selling those answering machines that use casette tapes? (Like the one Harrison Ford had translated in the movie "Frantic") If not, where would one go to find a SIMPLE answering machine - one that...
  34. M

    GPU for 1360x768- under $200

    I have a Vizio LCD with a 1360x768 resolution. For under $200, what GPU should I go for. My current setup is... CPU- Phenom x2 555 PSU- Thermaltake 750w 80 bronze Mobo- Asus AM3 with 125w support Ram- 4gb DDR3 dual 1600 SSD- 120gb OCZ Vertex 3 GPU- Radeon GT9500 If you need any more info...
  35. R

    Widescreen FOV Calculator

    Not sure where this fit in on the forums but... A new feature has been added to the Projects section of the EmSai website, the Widescreen FOV Calculator. This is a neat calculator for those that need to tweak the FOV (Field Of View) for games and programs. It can be found on the Widescreen FOV...
  36. G

    Newbie Guide

    Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.adom (More info?) Just completed my first ascension in Nethack, so I think I will take a break and try some other roguelikes... ADOM looks pretty cool...Static overworld....quests.... However, my short experience with the game so far is that the...
  37. S

    FS: Poweredge R210 Server-Xeon CPU - $250 OBO

    Up for sale here is a Dell Poweredge R210 U1 Server. ***Xeon x3430 - Quad-core, socket 1156 ***WD 320 SATA3 HDD (x2) (RAID 0) ***4GB DDR3 ECC RAM More info on this system here; http://www.amanah.com/wp-content/the...Spec_Sheet.pdf Comes with original boxes and accessories except for software...
  38. G

    Noob needs help

    Hi as i dont know much about computer's i want to know if its possible to build a computer for like 1000-1200 $ that can do elders scroll oblivion in full graphic and resolution 1280x1024 ? anyone has an idea of how much i should pay to get an computer that can saticfie my needs?
  39. E

    WTB: Core i5 2500k stock cooler

    Hi, So, does anybody have a Core i5 2500k stock cooler they'd sell cheap? I can't spend much, since good aftermarket coolers aren't too expensive. But if you have one and want to sell, get in touch with a price. It would be especially nice if I found one near Buffalo NY that I could pick up...
  40. G

    firewire stopped working after sp 2 upgrade

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I upgraded xp to sp 2 and everything works fine, except my firewire port has stopped being recognized and won't work. Anyone have any ideas on how to backlevel that driver only to sp1?