Xbox Live

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Xbox Live.
  1. J

    Catalyst Control Center won't install since Windows 8.1

    I upgraded to windows 8.1 (Pro 64-bit)and noticed that catalyst control center was giving me similar errors to other people online, AMD and their terrible drivers have given me issues three times now, so I decided to try and re-install it. Now, after uninstalling it, Catalyst Install manager...
  2. N

    Got a couple questions regarding my PC build

    Now I know this is noobie but I gotta ask so please don't laugh :). 1). When running SLI with 2 monitors can I just run each off its own cards hdmi? Or do I need to run off the same card? 2). When overclocking the cards in SLI do they show as one card to change the clocks, or do you need to...
  3. T

    Computer freezes when running demanding games, any ideas?

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V...
  4. U

    New to PS2

    Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?) Okay... one question that I'm sure has been posted here before but I don't see in my newsreader (so I apologize): - What are your 5 MUST HAVE games? I'm heading out in about 1 hour to buy the 5 most recommended games from...
  5. mi1ez

    EA think only 0.2% are bothered by DRM!

    Don't know if anyone else has clocked this elsewhere yet, but EA's "official statistics" show that 99.8% of gamers don't care about DRM. That CAN'T be right, even with all the casual gamers playing The Sims... http://www.custompc.co.uk/news/605037/998-of-gamers-dont-care-about-drm-says-ea.html
  6. T

    New build, $1200 +/-

    Approximate Purchase Date: (Within the next week) Budget Range: About 1000-1500 to include shipping to zip 09360. since it's a military APO address, shipping rates are absolutely horrible. :( I'd like to get a SSD windows drive if it fits into the budget, I'm highly flexible on the build. As...
  7. sir potato

    Improvements / changes to PC

    I have done a system build here, are there any improvements or changes I can make. I have been thinking is there a better mouse for that price? Should I go with a 600w or 700w psu? Thanks, Sir potato
  8. G

    Evelyn B. Johnson has logged 57,000 flight hours

    Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?) On The Regis & Kelly show, Regis mentioned that 95 year old Evelyn B. Johnson has logged 57,000 flight hours. That's amazing! Cheers! ________________________________________________________ Bill (using a HP Pavilion AMD...
  9. G

    Revolution chipset: 'Broadway' and 'Hollywood' (IBM and ATI)

    Archived from groups: uk.games.video.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?) ver2. (this will be posted several times, with corrections & additions as I can do them) the following was written by myself, and *not* a c&p. feel free to...
  10. G

    Kohan 2.....or Warlords Battlecry 3....

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?) I am trying to decide which game to get....both sound pretty good. I played the first Kohan (and liked it very much). I also played Warlords Battlecry 2 (and liked that one very much also). So, what are your opinions of the...
  11. G

    Wow-box 411 north of Auberdine-question

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?) I have found a box-thing with handles north of Auberdine. Some kind of communication-system named 411. And have found the three eyes that is neaded to get the thing work. But nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Bernt E
  12. G

    Name that Game?

    Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?) There was a game that I can remember that used to be on MAME . I don't know if it is anymore. It is a very simplistic game where you roll a coin ( I think a quarter) down a series of shelfs and ramps to a slot at the bottom of the screen...
  13. L

    Recovery disk

    Hi, I am trying to reboot my laptop, so I insert the first recovery disk and i should have the option to boot to cd, but i don't. I have an Asus and the system is Window XP. Any idea of what can I do?
  14. M

    midway touchmaster, who repairs?

    Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?) Have a touchmaster, that might have a faulty pcb. If anyone repairs, or can test for me, please contact me . Thanks Mort
  15. G

    compaq armada m300 p3 600

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?) Hi folks, Just got a 2nd hand one .It came with one power adapter, is this multifunctional for the docking bay and the laptop ? It has no users manual with it. Thanks for any help.
  16. F

    Hesitating between two used cars (Elentra or Corolla)... advice needed

    Hello Everybody, I'm new on this forum and I'd like to have your advice... I just move from France to the US (Worcester, MA) for my job and I would like to buy a used car. I've done quite a lot of research and car test drive in dealerships and now I'm hesitating between two of them. The first...
  17. T

    Outlook 2010, printing email

    How can I get the printed copy of email all on one page? Printed copy has only a few lines on first page and lots of blank space, and the remainder of the text is on page 2.
  18. A

    prison solution

    Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?) i had great difficulty to beat the combine in the prison with 3 centrys,so i searched for an easy solution and with no cheating. i placed them near the stair,1 floor up. (plenty of boxes to stack) 2 facing the stair and 1 facing the...
  19. G

    display seconds in sys tray clock

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) How do I make WinXP Pro's System Tray Clock display seconds in addition to hours and minutes at all times... permanently (without having to double click it)?
  20. B

    Please review and comment on this system proposal, $750 budget

    APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: This week BUDGET RANGE: up to $750 +/- SYSTEM USAGE: Email, web surfing, Corel Draw X4 (tracing large bitmaps in vector), Occasional light dditing of HD video (I do not have a program picked out yet), Watching Movies, I DO NOT game and have no need for 3-D graphics...
  21. X

    Can my computer run mw3?

    Can my computer run COD: MW3 at low settings? 3GB RAM 128MB Dedicated VRAM 4.00 Ghz Proceesor
  22. G

    Watts Compaq Power Supply?

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?) A friend inherited a Compaq Presario 4409CL with dead power supply. It looks like a standard ATX power supply. Inside the case we found that the board is marked with Delta Electronics DPS-250KP-2B Neither of us is a "power supply...
  23. O

    You don't say...

    Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?) Alastor. You say : Muslim God Shop.:) ------ Orpheus, never ashamed.
  24. G

    Corsair Vengeance K95 question

    Has anybody heard whether or not the Corsair Vengeance K95 keyboard will ever be offered with Cherry MX Brown key switches?
  25. G

    [BUG] menucolors patch segfaults

    Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?) Hi rgrn. During my development of the FarmBot (see <4214a468$0$24928$9b4e6d93@newsread2.arcor-online.net>) I stumbled over a bug in the menucolors patch that segfaults nethack. This has been recreated several times like this...
  26. G

    Mouse died

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) My Logitech corded usb mouse died after upgrading to XP SP2. I've tried plugging and unplugging. Also tried Add new hardware, but nothing detected. Any ideas will be helpful. Thanks
  27. G

    Stupid HL2 tricks

    Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?) I'm sure most of you have messed around with the super gravity gun, grabbing "copies" of friendly NPCs' bodies and throwing them around. If you're like me, you were bummed that you couldn't do this with Alyx's body. Or Mossman, Eli...
  28. H

    How to download drivers intel realtek rtl8168b 5732 xp

    Dear sir / Madam I want to ask you about how to download drivers sound Intel (realtek rtl8168b 5732 xp)
  29. G

    C3C Forbidden Palace

    Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?) I haven't played Civ3 for a while but recently started again with Conquests. I'm having a blast with the Rise of Rome scenario, but the Forbidden Palace doesn't seem to be working properly - there's still corruption and wasted shields in the FP...
  30. G

    Loss of settings per user

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) I have a small call center with many people that sit at different stations. I am replacing all my old WinME computers with XP Pro. I have an NT domain and everyone has a login to the domain. In ME, I could set all the user...
  31. G

    Commander is chief

    Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?) Commander is chief Lethal 'Halo's' hero returns in adventure jampacked with alien-blasting action By Justin Hoeger -- Special To The Bee The Master Chief is back. The cyborg super-soldier spent most of "Halo: Combat Evolved" running...
  32. G

    An Infocom Game Database

    Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?) I once wrote a Windows program that scans a directory for Infocom game files, then displays a menu from which you can select different versions of the games it finds. The program contains a large database of patches that allows it to take...
  33. G

    Vectra VLi8 Wake-on-lan and linux

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?) Hi, I picked up 5 VLi8 boxes cheap, and am using them for a small development environment. I don't keep them all turned all the time, but would like to be able to start them with wake-on-lan when I decide to do some development. The...
  34. A

    Thinking of upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7.

    Hi all, Since Windows 7 is on sale until July 11th I was thinking that I should ask if it is worth getting. Right now I have Windows Vista SP2 on a Toshiba A200-AH6 laptop. I have a 2.0 Ghz Core Duo, 4 GB RAM, and a 160 GB HDD. The thing that I am thinking about is that with Windows Vista...
  35. G

    [Crawl] Piety award for non-kill - Bug?

    Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?) Just started a random character: a Spriggan Venom Mage. Now on Dlvl 8 and doing very well (didn't expect to get this far!). Orc warrior was heavily poisoned. I got the message: The orc warrior is almost dead. Vehumet accepts your...
  36. G

    [DoomRL] Poll results and decisions

    Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development,rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?) Ok, time to close the Poll. I must admit that I cheated a little -- some decisions were made already ;-). Here are the results and my comments/decisions on them (keeping with the roguelike Poll-style...
  37. G

    GIF files won't show previews in file explorer

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) I'm having a hard time with GIF and JPEG files ever since I updated from Office 2000 Office 2003. When using File Explorer, other graphic file types (PSD for instance) will show up as small preview pictures if you choose View...
  38. D

    moving files

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) hi, i've put some files into a read-only folder, and now i cant move them back. it says; 'an error occured applying attributes to the file: ..... access is denied. then i get the options ignore, ignoreall, retry and...
  39. P1nnacle

    Why is there no "Water Cooling" Badge

    Maybe it's just me, but why don't we have some sort of water cooling badge? It seems like there are enough questions about the subject, it seems like having the badge would be a good way to identify who knows about water cooling.
  40. P

    Statistics for January

    Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?) http://www.tamba2.org.uk/stats/agm/200501.html