Yahoo Messenger

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Yahoo Messenger.
  1. spud

    Tiss a shame.

    :pfff: Word, Playa.
  2. T

    cordless phone question

    I was wondering if anyone knows of a cordless home phone model which lets you customize ringtones for individual callers, i.e girlfriend, work, etc. I know Vtech has a few models but the call quality is not that good according to consumer reviews. Anyone have any experience w/the Vtech or other...
  3. J

    the zone

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) i can't get any card games to load...help
  4. Z

    DMZ and Ping issue when changing ip address for a server

    I have got a media server 2003 installed in DMZ zone (Cisco PIX 525) , with an ip address 192.168.101.204/24, it was able to ping other servers (sql server , help server, etc ) which are in DMZ zone as well. Basically all servers are in DMZ area Recently this media server is not able to ping...
  5. grebgonebad

    How to SLI

    Hi everyone! I am going to be purchasing 2 x EVGA FTW GTX 670's on Friday, to replace my current 1 x Gigabyte Windforce 670. Obviously, I am planning on SLI'ing these 2 cards. :) My questions are: 1. How do you actually set up SLI? I know that you need an SLI bridge that you connect to the...
  6. k4ever

    7870 2GB or 7850 1GB for skyrim ultra at 1680x1050 on an i3-2120?

    Title is self explanatory. Theres no doubt I will get an i5-2500 if I decide to play skyrim on 1080p, but I was wondering how the i3-2120 will be able to handle the ultra settings on 1680x1050. I will just be playing vanilla skyrim with no texture mods at all. My desktop is an OEM hp one so I...
  7. G

    more downloads??

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?) Everytime I try to download, I can only download 2 files from the internet at the same time. Is there a way to increase that number? How do I set Windows XP with IE6 to allow more than 2 simultaneous downloads...
  8. M

    Can't install Windows 7 64 bit

    I have a Windows 7 64 bit DVD and I'm trying to use it to install Windows 7 on my computer. Intel D945GNT motherboard, Pentium D 940 processor, both support 64 bit. When I get to "Press any key to boot from DVD", I press a key, and the computer simply reboots without entering any sort of setup...
  9. G

    Mercury PVM7 graphics driver for windows 7

    I need the driver for Mercury PVM7 graphics driver for windows 7. Please help!
  10. R

    floppy drive

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) Just purchased a new computer with Windows XP installed; it did not come with a floppy drive so I bought a good new external read/write drive. I have older floppy disks that I created using Windows 98 and/or 2000. When...
  11. B

    PC Issues / Problems

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) This is going to be long winded, so sorry for the lengthy read. I am having some issues with my PC, first off I changed my drive from FAT32 to NTSF. After the change, which I hadn't noticed for a while, my system...
  12. N

    Twain-Driver Win 7 Primascan2400 U

    Hello, anybody has such gadget, pleease!?
  13. O

    Privacy report icon

    What does it mean when a privacy report icon appears at the bottom of a particular web site and not on other websites?
  14. J

    Cant see my network

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?) I have the microsort wireless networking kit installed on two computers. I have recently bought a used laptop with a Linksys wireless card. The two desktops can "see" th3 other two machines but the laptop can only see...
  15. W

    this is just WEIRD. Strange router behaviour within.

    Ok, probably best I explain what is actually involved here. Router: Zyxel 660H-61 2 PC's (PC#1 and PC#2 for easy reference, PC#1 is the primary pc, but PC#2 was used for testing purposes and generaly closeness to the phoneline) Both PC's are XP SP2, both are wired to the router. Broadband...
  16. B

    Intelcore2software.com

    Hello,i have a system intelcore2;i have some problem with my cpu'problem is that,whan i windows my system whan windows complete.so i restart my comp than dosn,t start what,s problem in my system plz tell me.thanks from bakhtyar khan
  17. Hirochezz

    Questions about my Router and Modem setup.

    Hello everybody. I have a few questions/problems I seem to have with my Modem and Router setup. Let me describe my setup- Modem is plugged into the wall (via port installed by isp) and then my router is plugged in via Ethernet through the back of my modem. My desktop that I do everything on is...
  18. R

    HELP withSystem Restore

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) When I tried to do a system restore I got the following message" rstrui.exe - entry point not found" with the description "The procedure entry point RemoteAssistancePrepareSystemRestore could not be located in the dynamic...
  19. A

    What video card(s) is the sucessor to the x850 series?

    I'm looking to find an inexpensive card that does'nt need too much power to run (250w psu) that has the performance of an x850 or better for roughly between 50-100 bucks. I realize that I might need to upgrade my psu, I bought a refurbed Gateway last week for a good price but the stock psu is...
  20. S

    Bypass administrator restrictions in windows xp

    Hello, im tryinfg to install my lg motion on a networked windows xp desktop and asdministrator restricted from installing new hardware . how can i get around this so i can root my phone
  21. P

    Pen drive not detecting it showing malfunction

    Hello, pen drive not detecting it showing malfunction
  22. m25

    Windows Vista and AMD to Send a Person to Space

    See what a friend pointed me out: http://press.xtvworld.com/article16270.html AMD is really trying everything not to lose their share :lol:
  23. K

    How to program a desktop sharing application in windows xp

    Hello, Can any one help me how to develop a code for screen sharing technique between windows XP machines using C#. Note: We have to take control of other machine at the same time our system also in control with us.
  24. C

    Fs. Case, Mobo and Cpu. Brand new. Cheap

    Alright here for sell i got a brand new rosewill case. Has lots of fans and it red. Brand new no drings on it with a corsair psu 750w. Brand new. Looking for 130 obo on that. I also have a asus 1155 z68 mobo. It is also brand new. Has been handle with a static bracelet at all time. Looking for...
  25. A

    Opening pdf files

    One of our computers will not open a pdf properly. This happens with the explorer or firefox browser. Also I have tried foxit reader and sumutra reader. When I click to open the file it flashes accross the status bar forever. The only way to stop it is with Control,Alt, Delete.
  26. A

    Does microsoft office 2003 run on windows 7

    Hello, does Microsoft office 2003 run on windows 7 premium
  27. J

    Microsoft Fax

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) I am trying to fax a page from excel. I have done this many times before. Now the fax wizard hangs up...if I open the fax console, it gives the message "refreshing" and never comes back. Eventually it may come back...
  28. G

    Zone alarm giving false alert?

    Archived from groups: comp.security.firewalls (More info?) I just installed sims 2 bodyshop for a new game coming out in september. Every time i run the program zone alarm asks for permision to let the program access the internet. I have asked others who have downloaded the program but they...
  29. exfileme

    Microsoft Confirms Live Messenger Retirement

    Windows Live Messenger will be retired in the first quarter of 2013 (sniff). Microsoft Confirms Live Messenger Retirement : Read more
  30. J

    BACK UP on a Peer to Peer network

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Can any one help ? Is there any backup system (int or ext) that will work on a windows XP Pro desktop pc and automatically (one touch) back up a the files in a peer to peer network. Especially the local emails. Thanks
  31. T

    a simple peer to peer program?

    Im looking for a simple peer to peer program so me and my mate can send files to each other. We have tried msn messenger but msn doesnt seem to like the files were trying to transfer (there around 10mb video files). We have also tried dc++, he can download from me but i cant download from him...
  32. J

    Hp photosmart 7760 printer troubleshooting

    Hello, After I finally got new ink catridges.and had,had a virus so I had some work done on pc. Now when I go to print,the print light comes on and a sheet will load to the position where it starts to print.Then I wait to hear the printing sound and nothing. Then finally after a few minutes the...
  33. G

    Internet Explorer icons blocking the real data icons inside the cd/dvd

    how to remove the weird blocking icons on the real data icons of the cd/dvd? here's the proof: http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7898/iconswierd.png answer a.s.a.p please, thanks! :)
  34. H

    Cannot connect to ISP network???

    My sister-in-law got a virus on her laptop (win95). So I reformatted the hard drive and loaded win98se. I re-loaded the modem PCMCIA modem card driver. I added a dial-up connection with my current ISP. It will dial the number, verify name and password and seem to connect just fine. When I...
  35. G

    Remote Desktop Connection Speed

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?) I am using the VNC program to connect my portable (Professional XP) with my office computer (home XP) via the internet. After a lot of tweeking I can access my computer without any problem. My problems begin after I...
  36. G

    WindowsXP SP2 Security Center System Tray Icon missing?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) I just noticed that my WindowsXP SP2 Security Center System Tray Icon missing. How do get it back there? -- Sincerely, Jack Nation
  37. Y

    Upgrade winME to winXP problems

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite 1805-S203. It has a console with play, stop, etc. buttons in the front pannel, which work fine with the media player with winME. When I upgraded to win XP professional, however, they didnt...
  38. C

    Microsoft Works Troubles...

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) Whenever I try to open Microsoft Works Word Processor, it tells me that files were changed or moved and and it needs to be re installed... The problem is... I dont know how it was installed in the first place and Im...
  39. G

    speeding up downloading and uploading

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) Hello...I am new and I have a question. Is there any place in WindowsXP, that you can tweak to make your downloads and uploads go faster ? I love this forum and have had a great time looking around. I am off to look some...