Yahoo Messenger

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Yahoo Messenger.
  1. G

    expand files

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) how does one expand a single file from the WinXp CD-ROM? When I loaded WinXp, I did not choose to load the games, but I wish to expand Solitaire. Key strokes, please? Thanks.
  2. S

    Hotmail

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?) I installed SP2 but have found that my mail notifications alert me to my Outlook Express email account and not Hotmail as before. Is it possible to change the alerts to my Hotmail email account?
  3. B

    Wireless printing using cell phone as a personal hotspot

    I currently have a home wireless network set using a router provided by the phOne company. I am considering canceling my wireless Internet through the phone company and use a cell phone data plan for all my wireless by using cell phone as a personal hotspot. Is there a method to use my wireless...
  4. G

    Installing new printer

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) The actual error message I get is - C:\windows\system32 \AUTOEXEC.NT. The systim file is not suitable for running MS.DOS and miscrosoft windows applications. Can anyone help me with this so I can install my printer
  5. G

    How to boot pc from cd drive on network

    Hello, I have 1.7G Hz P3 40GB HDD and spare 20GB HDD But No CD/DVD drive it's available on my friends PC on my network But I don't know how to boot my PC from CD/DVD drive available on network.
  6. T

    P4 2.8 w/HT vs. Xeon 2.8

    I've been given the option to upgrade my work PC with one of two standardized packages. Both Dell. I'm having a hard time nailing down what would likely perform best for me. One is a GX270/P4 2.8Prescott (800fsb) "standard" hard drive (unsure of RPM or ATA, hopefully at least 7200/100, 512 dual...
  7. G

    Problem with Windows XP Folders options

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) Made a BIG mistake recently - trialed a program called Evidence Eliminator which was supposed to get rid of lots of hidden files saved by Windows. It did free up lot of extra hard drive space but it also altered many of things...
  8. 2

    A7A266 CPU Upgrade

    Hi all just curious if any of you have this mother board and have upgraded the CPU? I currently have a 1GHZ AMD proccessor and thinking of upgrading to an XP chip I know i need to upgrade bios. But was wondering if any has one done this and what problems you encountered if any. According to the...
  9. G

    Medion Digital camera md7466

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?) when trying to upload photos to the pc - error message the file or directory is missing or corrupt. I nolonger have the setup disk, please help
  10. G

    use system restore or xp cd?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) Was in add components of home edition cd. Things were checked marked. IE6, Outlook Express and in accessories wordpad and paint got removed. Don't see them in start-programs or in add/remove programs. What method do I use...
  11. G

    Restoring Windows Explorer tree structure!

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?) I think this should be tough..! I want to customize explorer, such that the explorer tree structure returns to the tree structure corresponding to the last path I had navigated to with it! For eg., If I had last...
  12. G

    recycle bin

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) how do i retrieve deleted files already delted in recycle bin?
  13. K

    go for cheap case now, lian li later?

    Should I just go for an el cheapo case right now if I just want to get my system a house and go for a nice aluminum, light weight, heat disappating, albeit expensive, case later, something along the lines of a lian li pc601? And what would be that good cheap case that doesn't necessarily look...
  14. T

    Old Scanner/Software - New OS (XP)

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?) I have a problem that someone on here might have come up against that might be able to shine some light on which direction I need to take. Current: Windows 98SE Visioneer 6100b Flatbed Scanner (5 years old) ScanSoft Pro v7.0 (4...
  15. R

    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1 73GHz

    Hello, my pro.Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz /not work
  16. G

    Audio driver for windows 7

    Hello, how to download audio driver for windows 7
  17. G

    sis315_315e on WinXP Home

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Hi All, Trying to fix a minor problem I ran Mainboard drivers setup program from NVIDIA CD and since then I have worse problem. My SIS 315-315E display driver stubbornly refuses to start after reboot, and the default VGA...
  18. G

    XP sleep mode

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) My computer will no longer wake up from sleep mode at the touch of the mouse or keyboard. I now have to reboot. I have reset the bios for power management to original settings and optimised the settings in the bios but no...
  19. G

    Startup

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?) hey, my computer is loading a lot of programs when it starts up, but not under my user name rather running under the system user name. I know about using msconfig in Run, but how else can i remove system start...
  20. G

    shutdown / remote shutdown

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?) i need to know the simplest way to set my win2kpro machine to shutdown instead of hibernate after a certain amount of time...say 30 min of inactivity. if thats not possible, how do i set my machine(XPpro) to...
  21. T

    Need help to hook up speaker

    Hello, when installing new printer the plug for the audio on speaker came out. the only spots i see on back of pc are 3 outlets in colors pink, green and blue. is it one of these?
  22. G

    Printing from DOS programs from an XP workstation

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I am having trouble printing from my DOS based app to a network printer. I am running Windows XP Pro on my workstation. Any suggestions? -- DCP
  23. G

    Planar px2611w for sale?

    Anyone know where I can purchase one?
  24. P

    USB Printserver for Canon S300?

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) I have a Canon S300 (USB) printer that I want to access from multiple systems on an ethernet network. The systems are wire-connected via a Linksys BEFW11S4 switch (which also has 802.11b, but I want a wired printserver, not a wireless...
  25. G

    epson c82 meltdown

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Having just changed the black cartridge, I only get very streaky black prints, and even less colour. I presume this is due to 'clogging', I have read about it before, but solutions seemed to be inconclusive. How strong should the ammonia...
  26. C

    Can I install a different .iso win7 than what my notebook came with?

    Ok, so here is the deal, I downloaded win7 .iso home prem with sp1, but the x16-96072 under my license is different from the sp1 version iso i downloaded. so far the product key has worked but will my key stay active? its the same os, I just wanted to do a clean install and saw one with sp1, so...
  27. G

    reboot command for remote machine

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?) If I have missed this answer, sorry. I use RDC to install software on workstations in our network. Does anyone know how to reboot the remote machine. I tried to add the shutdown button in statup but its not...
  28. G

    Numbering pages

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) I made a change, and now I would like to 'undo' it. I am using OE6 and I would like to have the pages numbered when I print from the internet. I made the change from 'file', 'page set up', and somehow I turned off the...
  29. L

    new cartridge EPSON wont recognize

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) Musta done this a dozen times and no problem but just poped in a black cartridge and epson C60 wont recognize it no matter what. Using USB connnection and win xp. Epson no help so far, nor their help yerself site...
  30. G

    Windows XP-98 lan

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?) I'm trying to set up a home lan between two computers, one is running on windows 98 and the other is running on XP. I can get the XP computer to get files off of the 98 computer but when i turn on the 98 computer i...
  31. G

    hard drive data rate for capturing video

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?) I need help. I am using Pinnacle Studio Version 7 for video editing. when i first got my computer it worked fine. now about a year later it says my data transfer rate for my hard drive is too slow to capture...
  32. G

    SiS 7018 programming

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Does anyone know how to program the SIS 7018 sound card in c/assembler/Win-XP?
  33. G

    runtime error

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) hope someone can help me keep getting a can't find c:\windows\bxxs5.dll runtime error when I log on and my widows just keep shutting down for no reason. please help
  34. J

    How Can I Keep My Monitor turned On?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I have an LCD monitor which clicks loudly at 2 to 3 minute intervals for the first two hours after it is turned on. Because it uses only 30 watts the obvious solution would be to avoid this warm-up period by leaving the...
  35. C

    Alternate sites for Office XP SP1 & 2?

    Are there alternate sites to download the Office XP Service Pack/s as executables? I'd like to include it/them on my system reformat disc.
  36. T

    Really that fast?

    Hi you ppl out there, I have a question. Lately I´ve been changing between three operating-systems, Win98_second edition, Windows 2000 and Windows XP. All in english versions. I recently installed all of them, one at a time, and then benchmarked them with 3dmark 2001 Se. The result was that...
  37. M

    xp pro and 2nd hdd doesn't show

    upgraded W98 to XP pro, then installed 2nd hard drive. It shows up in bios and device manager but does not show in "my computer" or "explorer". When you type in drive letter in explorer it says that the drive is password protected? Any help so that I can utilize this drive would be great...
  38. X

    Volume Control in Win XP

    I am using a dual boot system with Win 98 & Win XP. In WIn XP , the MUTE option in volume control is always inactive. I can of course change the volume but can not mute it by checking the Mute box. I am hearing sounds very fine. What thing is causing the MUTE Check Box to be inacive. There is no...
  39. G

    Registry setting for one primary drive to other system primary drive for default

    Hello, registry setting for one primary drive to other system primary drive for default drivers
  40. G

    Will XP RDP client connect to a Win2k Terminal Server via ..

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?) I'm having trouble connecting to a win2k terminal Server over a VPN connection and wonder if it's compatibility issues. I can connect straight through using a public address but not using a private address space. What...