Question ‘Out of Range’ only on boot

Moonyboy99

Commendable
May 3, 2019
Hello,

I have a slightly strange issue, I have an RTX 3060, and a BenQ Zowie XL2430 via Display Port

First time it all booted up fine, I switched the Res to 1920 and refresh to 144hz, as I used to have on old PC.

Now, every-time I turn the PC on I get the ‘out of range error’, turn the PC off and on again fixes it, as does putting it sleep and then waking it again (using Ctrl + alt + del, then tabbing blindly).

I’ve tried so many solutions, including booting it in safe mode, changing res. I have latest Nvidia drivers, installed the BenQ inf file.

I’m at a complete loss now what to do. The monitor doesn’t support HDMI 2.1, and the GFX doesn’t have DSub so can’t try a different connector.

any ideas would be hugely appreciated!

Lutfij

Titan
I’ve tried so many solutions,
What have you tried apart from the 3 listed above? It's so we're not repeating what hasn't worked for you.

Have you tried uninstalling your GPU drivers using DDU, then reinstalling said driver with the latest version sourced from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for your motherboard? What OS are you working with? If on Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS.

Moonyboy99

Commendable
May 3, 2019
Hello,

I haven’t used DDU, I did uninstall the default driver and used the Nvidia Experience tool to get the latest

I have an ASUS B560 motherboard, I have not changed anything on the motherboard, so I assume whatever the default is. I’ve always steered clear of that, as it seems dangerous to the rookie.

I am on Windows 10, but have a power cut right now so can’t check the version, it’s a new computer than came with a new install In Jan.

other things I’ve tried mainly revolve around fiddling with resolutions, in different places.

Moonyboy99

Commendable
May 3, 2019
Decided to try different connection methods, hdmi and a new DVI cable, same issue.

I have noticed I can put the computer into sleep mode, and wake it up and it’s fine again.

really starting to get annoying now