Question “Input Not Supported” SB220Q

Jul 2, 2022
For context, CPU is a Ryzen 5 5500, GPU is a MSI Mech Radeon 5500xt, motherboard is an Asrock B550M Pro4. After installing my new cpu and booting my pc up, I got a “input not supported” message on my SB220Q monitor. I thought it was a matter of removing and plugging back in my HDMI cable into the GPU but that didn’t fix it. Then I thought I had bumped my GPU when installing my new cpu so I re-seated it but that didn’t fix it either. My PC won’t go past the “input not supported” screen so I can’t access bios or windows safe mode to change my resolution. It was working before I installed my new cpu as I had flashed my BIOS so my mobo could support my cpu and turned my pc on after so it could warm up and I could remove the cpu fan easier. Any tips?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome tot he forums, newcomer!

You speak of flashing your BIOS, what BIOS version are you on at this moment of time and what was your prior CPU if your current Ryzen 5 5500 is an upgrade? Have you tried resetting the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery from the motherboard? Make and model of your PSU as well as it's age?

Jul 2, 2022
Welcome tot he forums, newcomer!

You speak of flashing your BIOS, what BIOS version are you on at this moment of time and what was your prior CPU if your current Ryzen 5 5500 is an upgrade? Have you tried resetting the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery from the motherboard? Make and model of your PSU as well as it's age?
BIOS version currently is 2.30, prior cpu was a ryzen 3 3100. I haven’t tried resetting bios yet and my PSU is an EVGA 600w 80+ bronze which i’ve had since nov.-dec. 2020

Jul 2, 2022
If I reset my cmos, will i still be able to go into bios with my 5500 installed, since it isnt supported out of the box, or will I have to re-install my 3100?

Jul 2, 2022
FINALLY FIXED
I had to replace my ACER monitor with a random tv i had that allowed me to go in and fix my issue, it seems like this is an issue with ACER monitors but my actual system itself is fine. Hope this helps anyone who has a similar problem to me