0xc0150004 error when opening some applications

Flipdznz

Prominent
Jun 3, 2017
As the title would suggest, I have been getting this error whenever I open up certain applications. This first happened a while back with the 32bit version of Adobe Photoshop CS6, I started using the 64bit one as I am using a 64bit system and it worked fine. A few days back I installed a new game and it was having the same issue. I looked online for how to fix it and nothing would work. Now I have tried to open the 64bit version of Photoshop and that is having this same issue as well.

This is what it looks like when I try to open photoshop -
69e8f4babb6ef198ae96632211292cc4.png

This is the same error with the game I've been trying to play -
08d31e7b8809f0760c8c73afbc01d98a.png

I'd appreciate any help you guys can give me, I've been trying to fix this problem for about two days already.

Solution
python error seems to tie into google drive? - this might help: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/apps/i4_htSv1hCE

As for updates, your dism not working comes as no surprise i guess.
download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB (we will try to update windows with this)

once you have USB, put it in PC and go to File explorer
navigate to USB and run setup. this will offer to update current PC.

If this doesn't work, you might be best doing a clean install once you copied everything off PC you want to keep. If you updated from win 7, the installer may want to wipe entire hdd before it will let windows 10 install so make sure to copy everything off (don't worry about...

Colif

Win 11 Master
try a clean boot and see if its another application stopping it - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows
if it works, need to add the start up programs slowly to find cause

Try running system file checker and DISM
open command prompt (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

SFC fixes system files, DISM cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Flipdznz

Prominent
Jun 3, 2017
I tried running both commands in the elevated command prompt and I got an error for both. When running the SFC command I got the response "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." I then ran the DISM command and when it got to 100% it said "Error: 1726. The remote procedure call failed." I'll try the clean boot soon.

EDIT: The dism log from this error can be found here. It was too large for pastebin.

EDIT 2: I have now done a clean boot also and the problem still persists.

Colif

Win 11 Master
right click start
choose run...
type winver and press enter

If you are on build number 1703, try this though it may not work as its been inconsistent on latest version of win 10
Download a copy of the win 10 iso from Here - create ISO by telling it you want to make DVD - and then mount that ISO in file explorer (see Here) and then copy paste the below command into command prompt (admin)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess
Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located. Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter

if it finishes, redo SFC /scannow and restart PC

if you on a version prior to 1703, you can't do the above approach as the ISO needs to be same version
instead, go to this page,, press the 1st button which will download the upgrade assistant. Run it and it will upgrade you to current version, and might fix this as its essentially a new install of windows

If DISM source doesn't work, try this - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

Flipdznz

Prominent
Jun 3, 2017
I'm not sure if this is relevant at all but there is also another error that has been popping up randomly since I've been unable to get photoshop to oepn. I don't seem to know why it pops up I just see it every now and then. The error says "Error Loading Python DLL: C:\Users\Conor\AppData\Local\Temp\_MEI69202\python27.dll (error code 14003)" This error doesn't seem to effect what I'm doing at the time at all I just thought it may be related to my problem.

Colif

Win 11 Master
python error seems to tie into google drive? - this might help: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/apps/i4_htSv1hCE

As for updates, your dism not working comes as no surprise i guess.
download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB (we will try to update windows with this)

once you have USB, put it in PC and go to File explorer
navigate to USB and run setup. this will offer to update current PC.

If this doesn't work, you might be best doing a clean install once you copied everything off PC you want to keep. If you updated from win 7, the installer may want to wipe entire hdd before it will let windows 10 install so make sure to copy everything off (don't worry about applications as these need to be reinstalled anyway). You can copy steam folders to another drive and reuse them after if you want.

change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the installer and restart PC and start installer again, it will accept next on that screen this time (some PC just need a restart here)

Solution

dead_memories5

Prominent
Nov 7, 2017

Here's how to fix "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ow8Y7UmH1k