Question 1 stick 1.2v 1 stick 1.35

First of all mixing memory is always a mixed bag of results. They may not work together at all, or they may work together but default to the slowest speed of the slowest memory stick. They may work for a while but cause bsod along the way. You can try them it wont hurt the pc per se, but results are always different. It is always best to buy a matched set and use them together.

Reactions: DMAN999

ayoubiee

Honorable
Jan 10, 2018
First of all mixing memory is always a mixed bag of results. They may not work together at all, or they may work together but default to the slowest speed of the slowest memory stick. They may work for a while but cause bsod along the way. You can try them it wont hurt the pc per se, but results are always different. It is always best to buy a matched set and use them together.
Oh oke Yeah I am planning to buy the same one but not now. But it wont hurt if I try to use them both?

ayoubiee

Honorable
Jan 10, 2018
If it works it works, if not then no harm done. DDR 4 1.2v ram are able to run at 1.35v so that'll be the voltage to run both at as the 1.35v stick probably wont be stable if set to 1.2v.
oke tnx again, but do I have to put the 1.2 stick to 1.35 by my self or will my moba do this.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Play around with them first at default settings hoping the motherboard auto adjusts. If you're able to boot with the two sticks then test them with memtest making sure there'll be no errors. Boot memtest from a usb stick and do atleast 5 passes. Youtube has tutorial vids if you want to check it out.

If auto settings fail then yeah, will have to manually input settings. Starting with dram voltage then possibly needing to muck around with ram speed and timings.

ayoubiee

Honorable
Jan 10, 2018
Play around with them first at default settings hoping the motherboard auto adjusts. If you're able to boot with the two sticks then test them with memtest making sure there'll be no errors. Boot memtest from a usb stick and do atleast 5 passes. Youtube has tutorial vids if you want to check it out.

If auto settings fail then yeah, will have to manually input settings. Starting with dram voltage then possibly needing to muck around with ram speed and timings.
oke tnx I will try and I will comeback with the results

Reactions: boju