[SOLVED] 100 % CPU Usage While Gaming

Nov 24, 2020
Hello everyone, So i got a problem in my system that whenever i game on the system, the CPU usage spikes to 100% constant and that too not with a gradual increase. The CPU spikes to 100% as i start the game, Like even on the Intro video before Menu in some games. Now I've played COD Black Ops on the same System early too. I've changed the GPU from a local Chinese GT 710 2GDDR3 to New Gigabyte GT710 2GDDR5. now it's just spikes to 100% CPU usage and stutters like hell, Even in lowest 800 X 600 settings, and this is the scenario for every freaking game not just COD black ops, even Minecraft!

My Configuration

Intel Pentium(TM) E5700 3.00Ghz
Gigabyte GT 710 2GDDR5
4 GB 1033hz Ddr3

and its just with games, When i Checked via CPUID HWMONITOR, It shows CPU at 100% as soon as i start the game. Please Help me guys i am unable to play at least some games on my system.

Thanks in advanced!

EDIT : The CPU touches 100% on every game incl. Minecraft and Mario forever.

Last edited:
Solution
The E5700 is a 10 year old dual core/dual thread processor and at only 3 GHz...; 100% CPU usage in any game is pretty much a certainty.

Your GT710 was entry level even 8-9 years ago...

Sorry, but, I suspect ost 7-8 year old games you play (or attempt to with only a dual core) will need to be 768P at best, low details/quality and expect low frame rates..

Newer graphically challenging games, your system might not meet minimum requirements, and, most certainly will not meet 'recommended requirements'...

On the positive side, Christmas is coming!
The E5700 is a 10 year old dual core/dual thread processor and at only 3 GHz...; 100% CPU usage in any game is pretty much a certainty.

Sorry, but, I suspect ost 7-8 year old games you play (or attempt to with only a dual core) will need to be 768P at best, low details/quality and expect low frame rates..

Newer graphically challenging games, your system might not meet minimum requirements, and, most certainly will not meet 'recommended requirements'...

Reactions: spacejunk
Solution
Nov 24, 2020

Greeting Sir,
It's look like you aren't clear of the issue. It is stuttering on every game, even minecraft and mario forever brother.