Question 100% Disk Usage/ Machine Check Exception

Dec 28, 2023
I should start by saying I had these errors before with my Msi 1050ti and Ripjaws 2x8gb RAM. Memtest told me the RAM had too many errors and although nothing was wrong with the GPU I still switched it out just in case.

Now my current set is a Rtx 3060 and 2x16 GB crucial RAM cards (I don't have the exact specs right now). And since installing them I've had far fewer blue screens but one keeps persisting being Machine_Check_Exception, I've done every suggestion.

sfc/ scannow
updating the drivers (they are updated)
Updating windows, anything optional
Dism command etc
Windows memory test
etc

And now the 100% Disk activity is probably solvable on it's own, switch my hdd with a ssd. If that's not the solution then i'd love to here some fixes but I'm changing to an ssd regardless.

Back to the primary issue though, the blue screen Machine_Check_Exception seems very inconsistent and only really appears when I have discord or another game open, usually if the computer doesn't freeze from the 100% activity it will blue screen with the error.

I have spent weeks trying to fix this problem, it started with windows not completing an update and now it kept getting worse.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
A lot going on here.

If you have a HDD in the system, swapping to SSD is going to be a really nice update.

It is possible that the RAM errors caused corruptions within the OS that are still causing issue. IMO, and without knowing more, I would probably pick up the SSD you like and perform a clean install of OS and see if the issue resolves.

Dec 28, 2023
A lot going on here.

If you have a HDD in the system, swapping to SSD is going to be a really nice update.

It is possible that the RAM errors caused corruptions within the OS that are still causing issue. IMO, and without knowing more, I would probably pick up the SSD you like and perform a clean install of OS and see if the issue resolves.
Oh I did forget to mention I did do a partial clean install (keep personal files) not sure if that may change anything.