Question 100% Disk usage only when loading applications/games. It feels like I have tried everything!

Mar 1, 2021
Hi all!

My Specs:
Windows 10 - 10.0.18363 Build 18363
Ryzen 5 3600
RX580 8GB
B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI-CF
1TB PCS SSD

I purchased my first gaming PC about 6 months ago and for the last couple of months I have had repeated issues with 100% disk usage and slow performance ONLY when loading applications and games. I managed to fix it by doing a full PC reset but the same issue has come back again and nothing seems to fix it. To clarify the PC is fine when idle.

Some games load totally fine but certain applications will hit 100% disk, load up incredibly slowly and even once I am in game textures will still be loading for a minute or two. However once the game has finally loaded the performance is good and consistent, its just that initial loading that takes ages and makes the PC very slow.

g7HLSI.jpg
WocAnO.png

Sometimes 'system' is the culprit for the high usage (even though it has a low mb/s) but it is usually the game or application that shows up at the top.

Attempted:
  • Disabled superfetch
  • Checking for malware
  • Checked disk for faults
  • Reset virtual memory and deleted temp folders
  • Disabled windows search
  • High performance power plan
Any help that can be offered will be much appreciated, I have done a lot of legwork before posting to avoid wasting anyone's time but i'm stuck now.

Thanks in advance