[SOLVED] 100 mbps lan speed and 1gbps lan speed

bintangwidiyo

Commendable
Aug 14, 2020
So i got 2 computer, one of it had lan speed at 1gbps and the other one is 100mbps. My ISP connection give me 50mbps connection speed. So when the 2 pc play apex legends the 1gbps speed is fine and smooth, but the 100mbps speed get lagging sometimes. One thing that i hate is my router only give me 1 ethernet port with 1gbps speed And the other port only had 100mbps. Is the lagging issues because of the 100mbps lan speed or not? And if that thing is the problem, can ethernet switch solve my problem?

Sorry im still newbie, i hope somone can help me
Thanks

kanewolf

Titan
So i got 2 computer, one of it had lan speed at 1gbps and the other one is 100mbps. My ISP connection give me 50mbps connection speed. So when the 2 pc play apex legends the 1gbps speed is fine and smooth, but the 100mbps speed get lagging sometimes. One thing that i hate is my router only give me 1 ethernet port with 1gbps speed And the other port only had 100mbps. Is the lagging issues because of the 100mbps lan speed or not? And if that thing is the problem, can ethernet switch solve my problem?

Sorry im still newbie, i hope somone can help me
Thanks
If your router provides multiple ethernet ports, then they are all the same. There is one chip that provides that ethernet switch. So if you have a port that is running at 100Mbit, the more likely thing is the cable.

It should make no difference because the 100mbps is still faster than the 50mbps internet connection.

What router do you have. If it actually only has 2 ports it is a very strange device. A switch will let you connect both machines to the gigabit port. it would be odd that it has ports like that but we see strange equipment now and then on this forum.

bintangwidiyo

Commendable
Aug 14, 2020
It has 4 port ethernet, i was trying use port number 1 with same cable and i got 1gbps, it was limited by my isp and they didnt give me superadmin to edit my qos. I was changing my cable to the new one and it doesnt change anything.
If your router provides multiple ethernet ports, then they are all the same. There is one chip that provides that ethernet switch. So if you have a port that is running at 100Mbit, the more likely thing is the cable.

It has 4 port ethernet, i was trying use port number 1 with same cable and i got 1gbps, it was limited by my isp and they didnt give me superadmin to edit my qos. I was changing my cable to the new one and it doesnt change anything.

It should make no difference because the 100mbps is still faster than the 50mbps internet connection.

What router do you have. If it actually only has 2 ports it is a very strange device. A switch will let you connect both machines to the gigabit port. it would be odd that it has ports like that but we see strange equipment now and then on this forum.

Well then if that didnt change anything i will let it be. Im using huawei hg8245h.

Thanks for your answer

kanewolf

Titan
Are ports 3 and 4 non-functional?
I am skeptical that an ISP would configure it that way, but I will have to take your word. If there is only a single port that works at gigabit speed, then you can buy an inexpensive 5 port gigabit switch and connect all your wired devices to that.