[SOLVED] 100% usage GPU

Oct 3, 2019
Hello im worried about my graphics card.
Some time ago i upgrade my pc and I bought a radeon rx5700 xt , when im playing league of legens, the game freezes(have to finish task on task manager to play it again) and the GPU goes to 100% usage and the temperature start rasing up to 60/70 degrees.
When i try so solve the problem by shutting down the game, the graphics cards just stay on 100%usage and 60/70 deegres until i turn off the computer.
What should i do to solve this?
I bought the graphics card with b450 tomahawk and ryzen 3600.
PS: After i did the upgrade one of my rams just died so im playing only with 4 gb.

Solution
What version are you running?

FYI:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13443/windows-which-version-am-i-running

To answer your question I believe the new updates could create more issues.

Windows will try to start updating itself and that process could easily go astray if the version number is far behind.

If, for example, you have lower capacity hard drive/SSD that is getting full ( > 70-80% is my guideline) then updates can be very slow.

And if you have slow or irregular internet service the downloads themselves can be slow or easily corrupted.

Ralston18

Titan
Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance.

Use just one of the tools at a time. Not both together.

You may be able to determine what app, service, or process is consuming the GPU.

Overall, if you are trying to play with only 4 GB of RAM then it does not surprise me that one way or another the GPU is getting somewhat overwhelmed.

One additional thought/comment. When you upgraded your pc did you upgrade the PSU?

What make, model, wattage, age, and condition is the PSU? The PSU may not be able to keep up with the power requirements imposed by the new components. Tally up the wattages being used by system components.

Reactions: pinhas112
Oct 3, 2019
Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance.

Use just one of the tools at a time. Not both together.

You may be able to determine what app, service, or process is consuming the GPU.

Overall, if you are trying to play with only 4 GB of RAM then it does not surprise me that one way or another the GPU is getting somewhat overwhelmed.

One additional thought/comment. When you upgraded your pc did you upgrade the PSU?

What make, model, wattage, age, and condition is the PSU? The PSU may not be able to keep up with the power requirements imposed by the new components. Tally up the wattages being used by system components.
First of all thank you for you´re quick answer.
For some reason my GPU doesnt show up on any methods that you refferd.
I was thinking about that, and im going to buy another slot.
No i dindnt upgrade my PSU, at the moment i have this one Corsair Builder CX500W for 2 years.
Do you think its a PSU problem?
Thank you for you´re attention

Sep 8, 2019
i have a 5700xt and league of legends does not use anywhere near full GPU power since its a older game and the graphics are very basic even though 4gb ram is low for todays standards 8gb is the average but for league once again this isnt a graphic or memory intensive game. if your PSU was an issue it wouldent overheat or go into full power usage since it wouldent be getting the full voltage required . Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the rx5700xt drivers it sounds like a issue with the software more than anything. do you have any costum settings in bios forcing your GPU to stay fully powered etc or over volted?

is your GPU in right slot x16 top slot not bottom etc.,

Oct 3, 2019
i have a 5700xt and league of legends does not use anywhere near full GPU power since its a older game and the graphics are very basic even though 4gb ram is low for todays standards 8gb is the average but for league once again this isnt a graphic or memory intensive game. if your PSU was an issue it wouldent overheat or go into full power usage since it wouldent be getting the full voltage required . Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the rx5700xt drivers it sounds like a issue with the software more than anything. do you have any costum settings in bios forcing your GPU to stay fully powered etc or over volted?

is your GPU in right slot x16 top slot not bottom etc.,
I already reinstall the GPU drivers, and the settings that i have is the default settings.
This problem only show up when im on client searching for a game,so the game just freeze when im trying to search for a game after that i run the game perfectly.
My GPU is on the x16 slot

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Interesting.

You should be able to see GPU in Task Manager. Click the Performance Tab.

There may be GPU 0, GPU 1, etc....

Too early to determine if the PSU is the problem. How old is the current PSU? They can and do degrade over time and at some point become unable to support the imposed load.

Oct 3, 2019
Interesting.

You should be able to see GPU in Task Manager. Click the Performance Tab.

There may be GPU 0, GPU 1, etc....

Too early to determine if the PSU is the problem. How old is the current PSU? They can and do degrade over time and at some point become unable to support the imposed load.
There was a setting wrong on the task manager now i can see the GPU and the programs that are using it.
My PSU is almost 3 years old.
I force the problem again and i saw that is the lol client that is using 100% of my GPU
What you think is causing this problem?

Oct 3, 2019
Reinstall the League of Legends client.

Before doing so, open Reliability History. Look for error codes, warnings, even informational events associated with League of Legends.

Event Viewer may likewise be capturing some problem.
I already reinstall league but i will do it again and do it with reliability history open

Oct 3, 2019
Reinstall the League of Legends client.

Before doing so, open Reliability History. Look for error codes, warnings, even informational events associated with League of Legends.

Event Viewer may likewise be capturing some problem.
Hello again, i opened the reliability history and notice that i have multiple errors, and the fiability scale is on 1(i will let a print screen).
The error that most happened is "LiveKernelEvent".
What should i do next?error error2 error3

Ralston18

Titan
Live Kernel Event

What are the specific error code numbers associated with the Live Kernel Event errors?

141, for example, is often associated with graphics card problems.

Google the various code numbers you are finding - just the top 3 or 4 error codes with respect to the number of occurrences.

Look for patterns and combinations. Some may be a result of you needing to restart the computer after a crash. I.e., "Windows was not properly shutdown".

PSU

The three year old PSU (Make, model, wattage?) is a likely suspect. Any overclocking?

The PSU may simply no longer able to support the load being imposed. And a faltering PSU can create any number of problems and issues. The graphics card may not be receiving the full power it requires - at some threshold value where the GPU sometimes works and sometimes crashes.

Couple possible PSU issues with low RAM (4GB) and it very likely that problems will arise.

Oct 3, 2019
Live Kernel Event

What are the specific error code numbers associated with the Live Kernel Event errors?

141, for example, is often associated with graphics card problems.

Google the various code numbers you are finding - just the top 3 or 4 error codes with respect to the number of occurrences.

Look for patterns and combinations. Some may be a result of you needing to restart the computer after a crash. I.e., "Windows was not properly shutdown".

PSU

The three year old PSU (Make, model, wattage?) is a likely suspect. Any overclocking?

The PSU may simply no longer able to support the load being imposed. And a faltering PSU can create any number of problems and issues. The graphics card may not be receiving the full power it requires - at some threshold value where the GPU sometimes works and sometimes crashes.

Couple possible PSU issues with low RAM (4GB) and it very likely that problems will arise.
I receive 3 different ones, error 141,143 and 1a1.
Now i reinstall windows and i will see if the problem continues.
Im not doing overclocking on any of my components

Oct 3, 2019

Ralston18

Titan

FYI:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13443/windows-which-version-am-i-running

Windows will try to start updating itself and that process could easily go astray if the version number is far behind.

If, for example, you have lower capacity hard drive/SSD that is getting full ( > 70-80% is my guideline) then updates can be very slow.

And if you have slow or irregular internet service the downloads themselves can be slow or easily corrupted.

Solution
Oct 3, 2019

FYI:

Im running 1511 version.
Hm ok ty

The recommended PSU for a 5700XT is a 600w PSU. I'm not saying your drawing anywhere near that from the wall, but a 5700XT at full pelt can draw nearly 300w.

Although the CX500w is still okay, it's a little short IMO. Are you OC'ing the CPU? If so, take the OC off and run everything at stock, and see if you have the same issue.

I'd defo consider getting a decent PSU in your system. A decent Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650w. You have new hardware, and a relatively okay PSU, getting something good in there will give you peace of mind, and make sure your 5700XT isn't suffering from power issues.

Like others have pointed out, your ram conundrum is an issue. Having only 4gbs is hobbling you like crazy. Firstly you are running out of system ram, practically at start up. Being in single channel mode with Ryzen is also killing you. Even if you only had 8gbs of ram ( 2 x 4gb) that would still cause you issues. You really need to get a 2 x8gb matched kit of 3200mhz ram. You will get a 10-15% improvement in performance, and if you use fast ram (3200mhz) over lets say 2400mhz ram, you will get another 10-15% performance boost.

When your 4gb system ram fills up, it your system will start using the swap/page file to store memory info, this really slows your PC down huegly. It can even cause stuttering in game while you play. 8gbs used to be the sweet spot for gaming. The sweet spot is now 16gb. Get a 2 x 8gb matched kit and you will be good to go. It may also help with your GPU problem.

Agree with Ralston. Having Windows, system drivers, GPU drivers, BIOS up to date may stop your issues.

TRENDING THREADS