Question 1050 TI restarting PC fixes problems but...

boss9014

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
Greetings.

I currently run a 1050 TI, and every time I turn on my computer for the first time a day, or any time after a couple of hours of being off, when I first load in games such as Fortnite, I notice an extremely reasonable amount of input/mouse lag/delay. When I restart my computer not to short afterward and I load into the game, it is really responsive and so for a couple of hours (2-3) before the input lag becomes noticeable and I have to restart my PC again. Is this normal? Is there something wrong with my 1050 TI? I've had it for two years... I have Ryzen 5 1600 CPU 3.7 OC as well.

Thanks in advance,
boss9014

ragnar-gd

Reputable
> when I first load in games such as Fortnite, I notice an extremely reasonable amount of input/mouse lag/delay.
Why should that amount be reasonable?
Not to frighten you, but a newly booted PC should only have lag, if:
  1. You still use a HDD instead of an SSD as your boot drive ...
  2. ... AND a Mining-trojan has hijacked your system
Lag later on may be a sign of overheating of some component (CPU, GPU, chipset, whatever....). But not directly after booting.
What does Task-Manager say? What are your temps?

boss9014

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
Why should that amount be reasonable?
Not to frighten you, but a newly booted PC should only have lag, if:
  1. You still use a HDD instead of an SSD as your boot drive ...
  2. ... AND a Mining-trojan has hijacked your system
Lag later on may be a sign of overheating of some component (CPU, GPU, chipset, whatever....). But not directly after booting.
What does Task-Manager say? What are your temps?

I meant noticeable, not reasonable (sorry) I use a Samsung 850 EVO SSD as my bootable drive, and it works perfectly, my windows boots up in seconds, etc... There is no possible way a mining trojan has hacked my system (at least I hope) I haven't clicked ANY unsafe links ever and my whole PC is only 2 weeks old. I've only downloaded my games and such. I am not sure if my GPU has been overheating, but when in the game it can reach temperatures of around 60-70. I'm pretty confident that 60-70 shouldn't be too hot, right?

ragnar-gd

Reputable
Ok, forget about the Trojan for once. Your GPU-temps are fine. You SSD is just great. What about CPU-load, are there any strange things showing up in taskmanager when the lag appears? CPU-temps? Chipset-temps?

Download Roguekiller and run the scan

Stuttering mess indicates something is heavily running in background, run task manager and go to "Details" tab and click on CPU to point arrow down as to set highest CPU usage first (Ignore system idle process, the name explains it itself)

Also if that happens oyu can check your Drives usage, usually it should be pinned at 100% to happen.

For instance I also boot 20s in windows but I cannot use the internet for another 10s till my lan driver initializes.

Maybe the Windows Defender is running an quick scan at startup?

TRENDING THREADS