[SOLVED] 1050ti with generic 600w psu

Nov 6, 2018
Good day, My office computer is an amd a8 cpu. We recently bought an Inno 3D 1050ti Dual fans for photoshop, the computer only has a 600w generic psu and the card has a 6-pin connector. Can I use the gpu without the 6-pin connector? or is it ok to buy a molex to 6-pin adapter? I wont upgrade the psu since requesting a psu from our supply in charge could take a very long time. Thank you.

Solution
the computer only has a 600w generic psu
What is the brand and EXACT model of the PSU? If you an get a clear photo of the power specifications label, even better.

and the card has a 6-pin connector. Can I use the gpu without the 6-pin connector?
No.

or is it ok to buy a molex to 6-pin adapter?
Definitely not. Those things are fire hazards.

I wont upgrade the psu since requesting a psu from our supply in charge could take a very long time. Thank you.
If the PSU is a poor quality one, you need to change it just from a safety perspective.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
the computer only has a 600w generic psu
What is the brand and EXACT model of the PSU? If you an get a clear photo of the power specifications label, even better.

and the card has a 6-pin connector. Can I use the gpu without the 6-pin connector?
No.

or is it ok to buy a molex to 6-pin adapter?
Definitely not. Those things are fire hazards.

I wont upgrade the psu since requesting a psu from our supply in charge could take a very long time. Thank you.
If the PSU is a poor quality one, you need to change it just from a safety perspective.

Solution