1060 or 1070?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Well balanced, yes, absolutely. That wasn't my point - my point was that something is always going to be the weakest link. The RAM won't be able to keep up, or the storage will be too slow to load textures at long distance, or the CPU will be just fast enough that it could work a little bit harder.

Ali, the double quote was because you did in fact say that the 6500 would be an issue with the 1070, and I was pointing out that that's why I was responding to it. This isn't a competition, and you are right - in a handful of games, the i5 6500 might have some issues.

That being said, in a small handful of games, an overclocked i7-6700k would still have issues too, so let's look at the normal use scenario with games that don't inherently have issues.

Yes sure, let's get back to it.
Would be great if the creator of this thread could reply so we can know what he's planning.

Honestly get the 1070 if you plan on getting a better monitor after the rig is together and upgrade the 650 to a 6600k. This way just like with the video card the system will last you longer. The 6600k cpu's are designed for overclocking and its EXTREMELY easy to overclock a cpu these days and can be done in less than 5 minutes. This will allow you to stretch out the cpu's life as it starts to age by overclocking it to perform on par or better than newer cpu's.