Question 1070 ti is bottlenecked with an i7 9700k

Jun 30, 2019
So when I'm playing games like Battlefield V for some reason my CPU usage hits 100% with my GPU usage at around 60-70% (I have a gtx 1070 ti). Part of the reason I got the 9700k was because I wanted to get the most out of my 1070 ti as it was severely bottlenecked in my last build. I feel like if anything, my 9700k should be bottlenecked in this build. Any idea what might be going on here?

Jun 30, 2019
Your i7-9700k might not be running at good speeds? Overheating, throttling etc?
I don't think it's overheating as it seems to be staying in the 60's. And on CPU-z it says my core speed is around 4611 Mhz (I think that translates to 4.6 Ghz). Also checked my RAM and it says it is 32 GB running in dual channel which sounds about right.

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
Yeah so essentially everything seems in order really. Battlefield V can be this really CPU resource intensive game sometimes.

You could check if something in the background - other than the game you're playing - is using a lot of CPU power, through task manager.

Smoky Mcpot

Reputable
Apr 11, 2015
I have just watched a video that mentioned somthing like this it was the nvidia 20 series cards being bottlenecked by a powerfull amd chip and the reason was the resolution 1080p apparently uping the resolution makes the bottleneck go away.
I don't know if this problem applys to you but here is a link to the video if you want to check it out the information is during the assassins cread part of the video.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXO1igmvQRI